Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • flicks
    • By flicks 7th Oct 16, 9:56 AM
    • 149Posts
    • 113Thanks
    flicks
    Anybody having problems with N&P debit cards?
    • 7th Oct 16, 9:56 AM
    Anybody having problems with N&P debit cards? 7th Oct 16 at 9:56 AM
    Hello all,

Just wondering if anybody else is suffering similar problems.

When N&P merged with Yorkshire they issued new sort codes to their current account holders which caused a bit of grief as many direct debit systems would not recognise the new sort code.

I have recently had a new debit card issued to me and I am now having problems purchasing online with it from some locations. Amazon is the latest online company to say my card is not valid.

Find this strange as obviously no sort code is needed for purchasing and the account number on the card is exactly the same as the old one.

Is anybody else having similar problems? I have contacted the retailers and the bank and none of them can give me anything except an over the phone shrug of the shoulders.

Thanks all.
Page 1
    • Hellzapoppin
    • By Hellzapoppin 7th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 77 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Hellzapoppin
    • 7th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    • 7th Oct 16, 8:44 PM
    The first six digits of your card is referred to as a BIN (bank identification number), the problem might be that certain retailers have not updated their systems to recognise the new BIN.
    • flicks
    • By flicks 9th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    • 149 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    flicks
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    • 9th Oct 16, 10:00 AM
    Thanks Helzapoppin. That could well be a reason then.

Very frustrating having to use a different card for some things.

Hopefully they will remedy this soon.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter