Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Chucky1234
    • By Chucky1234 7th Oct 16, 7:42 AM
    • 132Posts
    • 83Thanks
    Chucky1234
    Speed cameras in Birmingham
    • 7th Oct 16, 7:42 AM
    Speed cameras in Birmingham 7th Oct 16 at 7:42 AM
    Hi all.

Stupid me got caught speeding yesterday. Old Gatso camera, definitely flashed twice.

Location was Soho Way in Smethwick.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@52.4959615,-1.9603304,3a,75y,312.26h,89.41t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sofK_fz7t_9uLWuWY6Lquag!2e0!7i1 3312!8i6656

I thought all of these Gatso cameras were turned off in 2013?

Can anyone confirm whether there are still Gatso's working in the West Midlands?

How long does it take to get a NIP come through anyway?

Don't need people telling me that speeding was wrong, it was a stupid mistake.
    Last edited by Chucky1234; 07-10-2016 at 7:50 AM.
Page 2
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 11th Oct 16, 6:53 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    nickcc
    There's a set not far from me, just out of interest do they just read the front number plate or both? (on a bike and assume from the positioning that it is just the front but haven't risked it ).
    Originally posted by RichardD1970
    Hopefully both if the standard of driving by motorcyclists in my area goes by. Driving through local village at 30 mph with 30 mph limit and double white lines some toss pot roared past on other side of road without a care in the world, yes you've guessed it on a motor bike.
    • BeenThroughItAll
    • By BeenThroughItAll 11th Oct 16, 7:09 PM
    • 3,463 Posts
    • 2,773 Thanks
    BeenThroughItAll
    Hopefully both if the standard of driving by motorcyclists in my area goes by. Driving through local village at 30 mph with 30 mph limit and double white lines some toss pot roared past on other side of road without a care in the world, yes you've guessed it on a motor bike.
    Originally posted by nickcc
    And of course that means everyone who rides a motorcycle should be regarded as a reckless moron, I assume?

And we all deserve to have accidents and donate our organs too, don't we?
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 11th Oct 16, 7:46 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    nickcc
    And of course that means everyone who rides a motorcycle should be regarded as a reckless moron, I assume?

And we all deserve to have accidents and donate our organs too, don't we?
    Originally posted by BeenThroughItAll
    And where did I say that ? If you choose to drive/ride like an idiot putting others lives at risk why should other people care what happens to you.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

285Posts Today

1,094Users online

Martin's Twitter