Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mark5211
    • By mark5211 6th Oct 16, 5:54 PM
    • 176Posts
    • 79Thanks
    mark5211
    Warning Avoid French Clothing Site: salefr2016.xyz
    • 6th Oct 16, 5:54 PM
    Warning Avoid French Clothing Site: salefr2016.xyz 6th Oct 16 at 5:54 PM
    During June this year I was looking to buy a pair of Adidas Training Shoes, they were around £40 but sold out everywhere, a friend told me to try a French website called salefr2016.xyz which sold clothing etc in France.

The site was in French but I clicked on the English flag (since removed) and found they had the trainers on the site in English money for £21 including delivery, so I ordered them but after paying with my Credit Card the page went blank, so I attempted to start again but my Malwarebytes then popped up and said it is a malicious site, so I left the site.

At the end of September I got a charge on my Credit Card for £38 from HAPPYONLINESTORE SHENZHEN CHN So I contacted my Credit card company and they challenged the charge and refunded me the £38.

Last week I received a box with 2 pairs of counterfeit ray ban sunglasses that I didn't order, after much googling I found that salefr2016.xyz is located at the same address in Shanghai as Happy Online Store so I contacted my Credit Card company who said that this kind of fraud is becoming quite common, I also contacted Happy Online Store and asked what was going on?

This is the reply I eventually received after I asked for my money back and said the unordered good's were counterfeit:

Really sorry to hear that.
    After double check with our shipping department,I think they mixed your order to others.
    It is really our mistake,but please check the quality ,it is also worth the money you paid.
    If you want to return or exchange. we can only do it after we got your return package.
    It really take long time for the process.
    Also in our experience, it always hard to get the return package from customer.
    If package lost or damaged, we can not do the refund or exchange.
    So would you please just think twice to keep the items okay?
    we can refund you 5Euro to your card okay?
    Sorry again for all the inconvenience.

I then told them that it was their responsibility to ensure the goods were returned safely, not mine as I didn't order anything and to refund me, this is today's reply:

Well we can refund you 10Euro,we really can not offer more.hope you can understand and accept.

So I would suggest if anyone recommends salefr2016.xyz to avoid it.
Page 1
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 6th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 2,158 Posts
    • 17,541 Thanks
    mije1983
    • 6th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    I hope you told this 'friend' what you thought of their suggestion!

• DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 6th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 27,770 Posts
    • 17,534 Thanks
    DCFC79
    • 6th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    I wouldnt recommend the site OP nor would I use it, 1 being the domain is carp and 2 Ive never heard of it.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 7th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    • 445 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    • 7th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    • 7th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    So you got £38 back from your card company and these Chinese jokers are offering to give you 10 euros...Take it, then report the fakes to RayBan....Happy days :-)
    Live and let live, love and not hate, sing and be joyous, respect all mankind and natures gifts
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 11th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    • 729 Posts
    • 541 Thanks
    Computersaysno
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    Lol...I bought something from www.we-are-total-scammers.scam and it wasn't genuine!!!

And then I thought....I know what I'll do...I'll tell everyone about it!!!!!

You couldn't make it up....
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
    • kinglewis121
    • By kinglewis121 23rd Oct 16, 9:45 AM
    • 128 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    kinglewis121
    • 23rd Oct 16, 9:45 AM
    • 23rd Oct 16, 9:45 AM
    To be fair this is the fault of all this which garbage .... Showing people how to use the Internet when they've never even seen a pc before .... Unlike the real world the Internet doesn't have its own police so ... I guess use you melon ... You knew those trainers were under the going rate ... There's so much of this you really need to educate yourself for it
    Empire Stores - 2400 - 1900 - 1230 - 780
    Natwest Fighting Back for 450 in charges
    Three - 150 x POOF ALL GONE !
    " If your going through hell keep going "
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,414Posts Today

6,115Users online

Martin's Twitter