Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• mark5211
    • By mark5211 6th Oct 16, 5:54 PM
    • 176Posts
    • 79Thanks
    Warning Avoid French Clothing Site:
    • 6th Oct 16, 5:54 PM
    Warning Avoid French Clothing Site: 6th Oct 16 at 5:54 PM
    During June this year I was looking to buy a pair of Adidas Training Shoes, they were around £40 but sold out everywhere, a friend told me to try a French website called which sold clothing etc in France.

The site was in French but I clicked on the English flag (since removed) and found they had the trainers on the site in English money for £21 including delivery, so I ordered them but after paying with my Credit Card the page went blank, so I attempted to start again but my Malwarebytes then popped up and said it is a malicious site, so I left the site.

At the end of September I got a charge on my Credit Card for £38 from HAPPYONLINESTORE SHENZHEN CHN So I contacted my Credit card company and they challenged the charge and refunded me the £38.

Last week I received a box with 2 pairs of counterfeit ray ban sunglasses that I didn't order, after much googling I found that is located at the same address in Shanghai as Happy Online Store so I contacted my Credit Card company who said that this kind of fraud is becoming quite common, I also contacted Happy Online Store and asked what was going on?

This is the reply I eventually received after I asked for my money back and said the unordered good's were counterfeit:

Really sorry to hear that.
    After double check with our shipping department,I think they mixed your order to others.
    It is really our mistake,but please check the quality ,it is also worth the money you paid.
    If you want to return or exchange. we can only do it after we got your return package.
    It really take long time for the process.
    Also in our experience, it always hard to get the return package from customer.
    If package lost or damaged, we can not do the refund or exchange.
    So would you please just think twice to keep the items okay?
    we can refund you 5Euro to your card okay?
    Sorry again for all the inconvenience.

I then told them that it was their responsibility to ensure the goods were returned safely, not mine as I didn't order anything and to refund me, this is today's reply:

Well we can refund you 10Euro,we really can not offer more.hope you can understand and accept.

So I would suggest if anyone recommends to avoid it.
Page 1
    • daytona0
    • By daytona0 6th Oct 16, 6:13 PM
    • 1,695 Posts
    • 1,842 Thanks
    • 6th Oct 16, 6:13 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 6:13 PM
    You must be joking..... you bought from a website with the domain name ""?! That is the lamest domain name I've ever seen!

I'm intrigued that you mention fake Ray Ban sunglasses... I previously made a post on here revealing a large scale China-based operation which sets up numerous websites aimed at different nationalities. They then ship out fake goods and it would probably be unwise to send them back, as a refund may not be forthcoming AND the US government has shut down a hell of a lot of them!

You probably got fake Ray Bans because they have multiple websites to track and made a mistake Also, somewhere out there there may exist a website called ""
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 6th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 2,097 Posts
    • 17,141 Thanks
    • 6th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 6:14 PM
    I hope you told this 'friend' what you thought of their suggestion!

• daytona0
    • By daytona0 6th Oct 16, 6:29 PM
    • 1,695 Posts
    • 1,842 Thanks
    • 6th Oct 16, 6:29 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 6:29 PM
    How about some football kits?

Or possibly linked is: (India based)

Does this one look familiar? (compare the logo with the one you used!)

How about this one?

I think this design is the tidier one though:

This is quite obviously a fake item racket running out of China/India and pretending to operate in the US or other countries. It may even be the same one which had literally hundreds of websites shut down by the US government for Ray Ban copyright infringement! PS all of them, including the one you used, are barely months old!
    Last edited by daytona0; 06-10-2016 at 6:33 PM.
    • DCFC79
    • By DCFC79 6th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 27,333 Posts
    • 17,326 Thanks
    • 6th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    I wouldnt recommend the site OP nor would I use it, 1 being the domain is carp and 2 Ive never heard of it.
    Je Suis Charlie
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 7th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    • 339 Posts
    • 156 Thanks
    • 7th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    • 7th Oct 16, 9:20 AM
    So you got £38 back from your card company and these Chinese jokers are offering to give you 10 euros...Take it, then report the fakes to RayBan....Happy days :-)
    People that correct your spelling/grammar on forums and message boards are very uninteresting...bore off!
    • Computersaysno
    • By Computersaysno 11th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    • 721 Posts
    • 529 Thanks
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    Lol...I bought something from www.we-are-total-scammers.scam and it wasn't genuine!!!

And then I thought....I know what I'll do...I'll tell everyone about it!!!!!

You couldn't make it up....
    Welcome to the world of 'Protect the brand at the cost of free speech'
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,272Posts Today

7,785Users online

Martin's Twitter