Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • nightsky224
    • By nightsky224 6th Oct 16, 3:28 PM
    • 773Posts
    • 518Thanks
    nightsky224
    What do you do with keep sakes and cards
    • 6th Oct 16, 3:28 PM
    What do you do with keep sakes and cards 6th Oct 16 at 3:28 PM
    Myself and my husband have boxes of "keepsakes" in the loft and now we have a 1yo the keepsakes are just increasing. We had her christening recently and I have 30 cards that I don't want to throw out! I want to order and clear out some stuff. We have tickets, brochures, cards (lots of cards!)
    I was hoping to have some inspiration from you crafty lot 😀
    Recently married and loving it x
Page 1
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 6th Oct 16, 3:33 PM
    • 55,990 Posts
    • 321,746 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    • 6th Oct 16, 3:33 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 3:33 PM
    For the kiddie cards, I'd write the year on a slip of paper, then slide the whole lot into a ziplock plastic sandwich bag, then keep them all together in a plastic/lidded box. Each year you then only have to gather all the cards together, slide them into another bag and toss that in with the rest - so it's not hard to have as a routine.

For tickets/brochures etc .... you could just toss them in a shoebox, then over Xmas when you've time, spread them out on a table, take a photo of what's there, then put all those into another ziplock bag with a printed photo of what's in there... then toss that into the lidded box with the rest.
    • nightsky224
    • By nightsky224 6th Oct 16, 3:40 PM
    • 773 Posts
    • 518 Thanks
    nightsky224
    • 6th Oct 16, 3:40 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 3:40 PM
    For the kiddie cards, I'd write the year on a slip of paper, then slide the whole lot into a ziplock plastic sandwich bag, then keep them all together in a plastic/lidded box. Each year you then only have to gather all the cards together, slide them into another bag and toss that in with the rest - so it's not hard to have as a routine.

For tickets/brochures etc .... you could just toss them in a shoebox, then over Xmas when you've time, spread them out on a table, take a photo of what's there, then put all those into another ziplock bag with a printed photo of what's in there... then toss that into the lidded box with the rest.
    Originally posted by PasturesNew
    That's a good idea for organisation. I'm worried it will spiral out of control and we are going to have a loft full of stuff we will never look at (our loft is so full as it is!!)
    Recently married and loving it x
    • AlwaysAllie
    • By AlwaysAllie 10th Oct 16, 4:30 PM
    • 315 Posts
    • 2,245 Thanks
    AlwaysAllie
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:30 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 4:30 PM
    If you don't want to keep actual cards you could photo or scan them and make a Photobook

AA
    Sept - start of a new year ....targets! (shortened)

*loose those 5 lbs plus a few more * sort out my craft cupboard(s!!) * re-start jogging * enrol for sewing course * review finances * try to stay calm during work restructure
    • carefullycautious
    • By carefullycautious 27th Oct 16, 7:32 PM
    • 2,136 Posts
    • 2,949 Thanks
    carefullycautious
    • 27th Oct 16, 7:32 PM
    • 27th Oct 16, 7:32 PM
    I have not kept any keepsakes. It is a lot easier to do now with the computer and scanners as you can make an online book.

I don't do sentimental and don't have the room even if I did. The only box I have has old photos in that should be scanned but every time I get it out I start looking through and the enormity of it makes me go
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

272Posts Today

1,712Users online

Martin's Twitter