Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 6th Oct 16, 11:15 AM
    • 17Posts
    • 10Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    Please Help...Parking Eye Charge Mostyn Champneys Retail Park, Llandudno
    • 6th Oct 16, 11:15 AM
    Please Help...Parking Eye Charge Mostyn Champneys Retail Park, Llandudno 6th Oct 16 at 11:15 AM
    Hi All,

Please can you help with my claim against Parking Eye charge received for Mostyn Retail Park, Llandudno?

I have been given a POPLA Reference to make appeal, however, I am unsure how to go about this now as thus far, I have used a template and feel a little over my head now (I had hoped the first claim would close this off).

I stayed in the 3 hour parking and over run by 51 minutes, now, I do accept that this is a significant time over, however, I don't accept that this charge is of a valid amount and is in line with any loss of revenue, especially considering the time. In my ignorance, I almost thought because this was out of peak times I would be okay.
    I took my Mum for some food and shopping and we spent some time in the McDonald's (I know I'm a big spender), however, she does have fibromyalgia and at takes her a very long time to move about and we couldn't walk far for food. Now, we don't have a disabled badge because we don't live together. We do visit every one to two months. Could this be a valid claim, I should be able to provide evidence if asked but I do live some distance from her to collect.

I have included a copy of letters and my original appeal letter. Thank you in advance.

Andrew
Page 1
    • mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 6th Oct 16, 11:28 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    • 6th Oct 16, 11:28 AM
    • 6th Oct 16, 11:28 AM
    [IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/mendosas_enemy/Car%201.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/mendosas_enemy/Car%202.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]/img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/mendosas_enemy/Car%203.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/mendosas_enemy/Car%204.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/mendosas_enemy/Car%206.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/mendosas_enemy/Car%207.jpeg[/IMG]

[IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/mendosas_enemy/Car%208.jpeg[/IMG]
    • Half_way
    • By Half_way 6th Oct 16, 11:30 AM
    • 2,952 Posts
    • 3,950 Thanks
    Half_way
    • 6th Oct 16, 11:30 AM
    • 6th Oct 16, 11:30 AM
    Have you contacted the retail park?
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
    • mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 6th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    • 6th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    • 6th Oct 16, 11:38 AM
    No, would I be best speaking to someone at the park or the individual store? Thank you for your help.
    • mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 6th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    • 6th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    • 6th Oct 16, 11:58 AM
    I just called the store, really helpful person I spoke to. They are going to email and ask to remove the charge. Do i now trust that this will be completed and do nothing further or do I need to email POPLA or Parking Eye to advise of the above?
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 6th Oct 16, 12:06 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 2,731 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:06 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:06 PM
    both ..... speak to any one you visited ..... or even any one you might visit another time

Ralph
    • Ralph-y
    • By Ralph-y 6th Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    • 2,248 Posts
    • 2,731 Thanks
    Ralph-y
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:20 PM
    "I just called the store, really helpful person I spoke to. They are going to email and ask to remove the charge. Do i now trust that this will be completed and do nothing further or do I need to email POPLA or Parking Eye to advise of the above?"

sadly no ..... not until you receive conformation off ParkingLie

try and get the store to give written conformation , and keep trying all the other stores as well ......

in the mean time keep working on your POLA draft .....

and you can help the cause by....

Letting your MP and Mrs May hear about how this awful threat affected you -and what you think about the rotten greedy 'parking industry'! Write your own or use the template provided by the BMPA.

keep up the good work

and

good luck

Ralph
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 6th Oct 16, 12:24 PM
    • 4,150 Posts
    • 4,770 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:24 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:24 PM
    I just called the store, really helpful person I spoke to. They are going to email and ask to remove the charge. Do i now trust that this will be completed and do nothing further or do I need to email POPLA or Parking Eye to advise of the above?
    Originally posted by mendosas_enemy
    Nothing changes until YOU get confirmation in writing
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
    • Myriddin
    • By Myriddin 6th Oct 16, 12:55 PM
    • 187 Posts
    • 347 Thanks
    Myriddin
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:55 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:55 PM
    Use this contact message facility to complain about the awful treatment you, as a genuine customer, have received - mention your mother's issues - tell them you are mindful never to visit again. http://www.mostynchampneys.co.uk/content/contact

It looks as if this connects directly with the managing agents as the owners appear to be British Land.
    'People are stupid; they can only rarely tell the difference between a lie and the truth, and yet they are confident they can, and so are all the easier to fool.' Wizard's first rule © Terry Goodkind.
    • mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 6th Oct 16, 7:26 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    Thank you, I have contacted the retail park and explained the above.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Oct 16, 7:37 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,463 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Also send an email to ParkingEye and give them seven days to confirm the PCN has been cancelled:

info@parkingeye.co.uk

Remember your POPLA code is only valid for 28 days(and a bit!) so come back here and draft a POPLA appeal like the others you see here, if for some reason you do not get that confirmation within 21 days of the rejection letter.

ParkingEye sue people so make sure you get an email or letter from them saying it is cancelled - and keep it.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Postman
    • By Postman 6th Oct 16, 7:55 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Postman
    Contact Conwy County Borough Council and ask them to confirm to you if any consent has been granted to any parking company to "manage" the car park at this location.

And put Parking Eye to strict proof that they have sought and obtained the necessary consent.
    • mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 13th Oct 16, 11:50 AM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    I have drafted a basic letter to send to POPLA. I can see other users have drafted far better letters, referencing cases etc, however, don't feel that need to do this. I also feel my case is a bit different to others because of my Mum. I don't have a disabled badge as we don't live together- not sure of rules. I would be really thankful if someone can look at this and confirm okay to send. I have until next week to submit. Thank you.

Parking Charge Notice-
    POPLA-
    Vehicle Registration-

Good Morning,

I am writing to you to advise of my disappointment at receiving a Parking Eye charge for parking at the Mostyn Champney’s Retail Park in Llandudno on the 04/08/2016. I have been issued with a charge for a short overstay and feel the charge is unfair and does not represent a genuine loss of earnings. I am a regular visitor to the retail park and on the day had my Mum with me to visit some of the stores not available in her local area. We had visited Home and Bargains, B and M and Argos, ending our visit with some food at McDonald’s. As my mum has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, she is unable to move around as quickly, without pain as she used to and as in addition I had my 5-month-old baby son with me. We spent some quality family time having some food together, spending £15.54 at the store (copy of proof of purchase attached).

In addition, please find attached document 1 showing my Mum’s ESA Support Group and also document 2 showing medical statement from Doctor.

I am hoping that by writing this email, something can be done to remove this unfair charge. I have contacted the McDonald's store on 06/10/2016, confirming my visit and purchases in store. I have been advised by the assistant manager Katy, that, she will also confirm my visit to the store and assist however possible in removing this charge. I am hopeful that you share the same positive outlook and ensure that both myself and family continue to shop at the Mostyn Champney’s retail park in the future.

Kind Regards,

Andrew
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Oct 16, 1:36 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,463 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That will lose at POPLA. Their website tells you they can't consider mitigation, nor does 'no loss' hold any weight any more since ParkingEye v Beqavis.

That reads as a good complaint email for the Retail Park owners only, absolutely NOT something for POPLA, where you need legal points about why the charge was improperly given, badly signed, no landowner authority, etc., to win. And because ParkingEye sue people you are risking a lot here, don't do it like that! Cannot stress enough, there is nothing there in that letter, for POPLA to rescue you AT ALL.

So, first question (IMPORTANT) does your original PCN (NOT the reminder) have a blank space at the bottom like this example:

http://imgur.com/a/FOfr8

Or does it have an extra paragraph in the middle of that blurb, about the POFA/keeper liability after 29 days? Or is it a hire/lease car with '22 days' mentioned?

PLEASE CONFIRM WHICH, AND THE DATE OF EVENT AND 'DATE ISSUED'.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 13th Oct 16, 1:55 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    Thank you for your reply. My letter appears as attached, the rear is the same as you attachment. I appear to have that extra info.

Apologies, I don't have time to research and write a better letter. The time to appeal for me far outweighs the cost of the fine but I wanted to appeal on principal of the matter.

[IMG]img.photobucket.com/albums/v365/mendosas_enemy/Car%203.jpeg[/IMG]
    • mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 13th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    I have sent an email to Parking Eye advising that the store has discussed with landowner and agreed to cancel the fine, however, I've not had a response or acknowledgement yet.
    • mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 13th Oct 16, 2:15 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    Date of event was the 04/08 and the issue date was the 11/08. Thank you,
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Oct 16, 2:37 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,463 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    I don't have time to research and write a better letter.
    I've written the appeal points to use as a template! Copy them!

Post #2341 onwards in the top thread, POPLA Decisions.

DO NOT rush this, you have 30 days odd, not 28. You will lose with mitigating circs and 'no loss'. Then you will be sued.

• mendosas_enemy
    • By mendosas_enemy 13th Oct 16, 3:18 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 10 Thanks
    mendosas_enemy
    Thank you for your help. Apologies if that comes across arsey. I don't have a lot of time due to being in care during the day of my 7 month old son, collecting my 8 year old from school and then work in between. Time is a bit precious. I am typing now whilst my 7 month old is asleep (time I get to do things).
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 13th Oct 16, 6:13 PM
    • 40,571 Posts
    • 52,463 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Yep I do understand, I'm a working Mum and had 4 kids under seven before they all grew up to teens/twenty-something students in the blink of an eye! Time flies but with a baby it is harder.

Please, just copy the template appeal points you find (I wrote them 3 weeks ago, posted in POPLA Decisions, there to be copied) into an appeal here, and show us.

I have sent an email to Parking Eye advising that the store has discussed with landowner and agreed to cancel the fine, however, I've not had a response or acknowledgement yet.
    This is good - have you got that in writing from the store/landowner? Email 'parking@' and 'info@' email addresses (both - rattle PE's cage).

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,382Posts Today

5,980Users online

Martin's Twitter