Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • ktcoil
    • By ktcoil 6th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    • 358Posts
    • 33Thanks
    ktcoil
    Bad breath from back of throat
    • 6th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    Bad breath from back of throat 6th Oct 16 at 9:42 AM
    Hello everyone

Do you know any drink type that can help with bad breath at back of throat, teeth and mouth is very clean and always brush teeth and have mouthwash but I get a bit of horrible breath from some tablets I take and this is on the back of throat?
Page 1
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 6th Oct 16, 10:12 AM
    • 6,438 Posts
    • 20,554 Thanks
    fairy lights
    • 6th Oct 16, 10:12 AM
    • 6th Oct 16, 10:12 AM
    Do you gargle your mouthwash so it hits the back of the throat? What type do you use?
    I would avoid any mouthwashes containing alcohol as this could be drying your throat and making it worse.
    • GBNI
    • By GBNI 6th Oct 16, 2:07 PM
    • 469 Posts
    • 689 Thanks
    GBNI
    • 6th Oct 16, 2:07 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 2:07 PM
    You could potentially have tonsil stones as well which can cause bad breath.
    • baby_lemonade
    • By baby_lemonade 6th Oct 16, 2:29 PM
    • 713 Posts
    • 1,464 Thanks
    baby_lemonade
    • 6th Oct 16, 2:29 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 2:29 PM
    Chew some gum?
    • teddysmum
    • By teddysmum 6th Oct 16, 5:27 PM
    • 5,849 Posts
    • 3,447 Thanks
    teddysmum
    • 6th Oct 16, 5:27 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 5:27 PM
    Are you taking the tablets with water so that they don't stay in your throat for too long ?

For years I had just swallowed tablets which 'go down' easily, but according to a media story, this is not advisable as some people have problems because the drug stays too long in the throat, some escapes from its casing and damages the lining of the tissues.
    • impactfood
    • By impactfood 7th Oct 16, 7:44 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    impactfood
    • 7th Oct 16, 7:44 AM
    • 7th Oct 16, 7:44 AM
    Hi, bad breath can be due to accumulation of plaque on your teeth. Floss your teeth more often because trapped food cause more problems!
    • cashewnut
    • By cashewnut 8th Oct 16, 9:58 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 374 Thanks
    cashewnut
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:58 PM
    • 8th Oct 16, 9:58 PM
    Try poking your tonsils with your tongue to loosen anything that may be inside them - as above mentioned it could be tonsil stones and they are RANK! Google them
    • Minnibix
    • By Minnibix 18th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    • 139 Posts
    • 257 Thanks
    Minnibix
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    Hi I don't want to be alarmist or anything there are lots of reasons for bad breath (can be indigestion etc) however I had bad breath for a while, I could not understand why as I have always brushed, flossed & used mouth wash to gargle and swill out my mouth. Doctor could not see a reason but a couple of months later I had a lump appear in my neck (it turned out I had cancer of the tonsil). I found out later that bad breath was a symptom. If it does not clear up it maybe worth getting it checked out
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,847Posts Today

6,562Users online

Martin's Twitter