Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • HurdyGurdy
    • By HurdyGurdy 5th Oct 16, 9:59 PM
    • 790Posts
    • 3,012Thanks
    HurdyGurdy
    Am I being unresonable? HTC or UPS have lost my phone
    • 5th Oct 16, 9:59 PM
    Am I being unresonable? HTC or UPS have lost my phone 5th Oct 16 at 9:59 PM
    Following on from this thread
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5519275

I sent my phone for repair. My provider is Three and they told me to return the phone to HTC and that it would take five working days to be returned.

After seven working days, I rang to chase my phone, and HTC said that Three were wrong, and that it would be 10 working days.

I rang again after 12 working days, and was told that the handset was lost, but that it was ok, because they were going to provide me with a replacement. However, they had to launch an investigation with UPS and I would have to wait a further 10 working days for this to be completed.

Am I unreasonable to think that this is unfair. I have done what was required of me - I have returned the handset to the collection point as requested. UPS has confirmed that they collected it, and HTC have confirmed that it is now lost.

So as far as I am concerned, my involvement ended when I handed the phone package over to the pick up point. The issue is now between HTC and UPS, and I should therefore be given a replacement handset immediately.

Or am I coming at it from the wrong angle?

I have been without the phone for a month now and they are saying they have to complete this investigation, taking a further two weeks before they will send me another one. So I will have been without the thing for at least six weeks.
Page 1
    • BadBehaviour
    • By BadBehaviour 13th Oct 16, 8:59 AM
    • 247 Posts
    • 59 Thanks
    BadBehaviour
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:59 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 8:59 AM
    Not 100% sure but I think you are responsible until the shipment reaches its recipient.
    • Anthorn
    • By Anthorn 13th Oct 16, 9:18 AM
    • 2,512 Posts
    • 644 Thanks
    Anthorn
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:18 AM
    • 13th Oct 16, 9:18 AM
    Your responsibility ends when the package is delivered. If you sent it by a signed-for insured service you'll know if it has been delivered and be able to claim compensation if it has been lost. If not you're stuck with the oh yes it has, oh no it hasn't scenario you're stuck in now.
    Saving for Xmas 2017 - A pound a day - 30/365

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean that someone isn't out to get you

Unsliced bread: You can have it any thickness you want! The wonders of modern technology.
    • Exemplar
    • By Exemplar 13th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 1,020 Posts
    • 356 Thanks
    Exemplar
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    Call UPS straight away with the tracking number. Initially they will try to fob you off. Ask to escalate whilst you are on the phone. Chances are it probably has been delivered to HTC but they will sign for 'X' number of deliveries, not each one individually. We had this happen at work last week, 300+ parcels from UPS in one delivery, our warehouse made 1 signature. Their delivery software then has to catch up.

Other people may have a different experience at their goods-in.

However if you have proof of collection it's down to UPS until delivered.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.
    • jua
    • By jua 7th Dec 16, 1:09 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    jua
    • 7th Dec 16, 1:09 PM
    • 7th Dec 16, 1:09 PM
    How did you resolve this? I am having the same nightmare, any advice ? ty
    • jon81uk
    • By jon81uk 7th Dec 16, 1:22 PM
    • 602 Posts
    • 366 Thanks
    jon81uk
    • 7th Dec 16, 1:22 PM
    • 7th Dec 16, 1:22 PM
    Feels like that odd in-between, it doesn't seem unreasonable that UPS need to confirm they definitely don't have it and I would say a week is reasonable (two weeks less so). But at the same time being without a phone for a month isn't great.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

237Posts Today

2,274Users online

Martin's Twitter