Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• DoctorF
    • By DoctorF 5th Oct 16, 7:07 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 42Thanks
    What's the best thing you won on an advent?
    • 5th Oct 16, 7:07 PM
    What's the best thing you won on an advent? 5th Oct 16 at 7:07 PM
    Started Comping earlier this year.
    Excited reading about the advents, looking for some inspiration!
    What's the best thing you won?
Page 2
    • nat_85
    • By nat_85 6th Oct 16, 4:51 PM
    • 133 Posts
    • 204 Thanks
    I won a £500 handbag in an instant win advent 2years ago, shaped like a Christmas pudding.

Last year I won a 6k holiday in a Xmas short lived competition!
    • LornaJaykay
    • By LornaJaykay 6th Oct 16, 6:34 PM
    • 165 Posts
    • 9,307 Thanks
    I was lucky last advents to win a Nutri-Bullet :-) It's the only thing I have won on the advents in four years mind. Hope this year for something, anything!

I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one
    • Lauzipop
    • By Lauzipop 6th Oct 16, 7:42 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 431 Thanks
    I won an iPad Mini during one of the Advents I entered.
    • dan-dan
    • By dan-dan 6th Oct 16, 9:17 PM
    • 100 Posts
    • 387 Thanks
    £10 Sainburys gift card
    Cosplayer and proud
    • MaineBlue
    • By MaineBlue 7th Oct 16, 12:31 AM
    • 14,586 Posts
    • 2,086,342 Thanks
    My sanity back, sometime around early January
    S Aguero (16); Y Toure (45); S Aguero (47); S Nasri (50)
    E Dzeko (1); E Dzeko (56); Y Toure (90)

• Bobble5366
    • By Bobble5366 8th Oct 16, 11:07 AM
    • 328 Posts
    • 1,503 Thanks
    didn't win anything on advents x
    • sofieellis
    • By sofieellis 8th Oct 16, 5:29 PM
    • 383 Posts
    • 4,625 Thanks
    The first year I was comping, I spent lots of extra hours doing the Advents and won nothing, so last year I didn't bother with them hardly at all. I can't decide what to do this year.
    • gizmobenny
    • By gizmobenny 11th Oct 16, 12:14 AM
    • 1,358 Posts
    • 12,948 Thanks
    An all inclusive skiing holiday for 4 in the French Alps. Catered chalet, lift passes, equipment hire and lessons. Flights and transfers. Worth about 5K
    The funny thing was, I hadn't even realised this was the overall prize. I had been entering for the daily camping/outdoor prizes.
    • SherlockFan85
    • By SherlockFan85 13th Oct 16, 12:36 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    £500 Westfield vouchers on the final day of their FB advent from about 3 years ago on Xmas Eve? The same day my mum won the Magic FM advent of an Xmas hamper

For karma, I didn't win a single sausage in any advent last year.

Speaking of sausage, my mum genuinely won a single Pepperami on Twitter the other day XD
    • SherlockFan85
    • By SherlockFan85 13th Oct 16, 12:38 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 2,561 Thanks
    And MaineBlue's last post is on point!!!!
    • JamboDP
    • By JamboDP 13th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    • 27,918 Posts
    • 6,127,588 Thanks
    A Fridge freezer, a couple of years ago.

don't get excited it is not worth it.
    Last edited by JamboDP; 13-10-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    I do it just for fun and whatever I win is a bonus
    • jacwins
    • By jacwins 14th Oct 16, 10:48 PM
    • 379 Posts
    • 7,913 Thanks
    I won a spa overnight stay at Ragdale Hall in their advent. I was entering for the soft toy to put in the operation children Christmas box and didn't realise there was a main prize. It was so lovely!
    Also won a tea set from whittards advent, which I donated to a Macmillan coffee morning raffle.
    2016 Wish List: Kindle, IPOD touch, days out / holidays for the family, Blu-ray player

Latest Win: collection of lonely planet books
    • dontone
    • By dontone 14th Oct 16, 10:56 PM
    • 3,210 Posts
    • 8,610 Thanks
    Best I've done is £100 of Morrisons vouchers last year.
    I don't do very well with them tbh, but some people seem to win all the time. I think this year for FB, I will take a pic of my pooch wearing a daft Christmas hat and post it on every advert I see on there. Mainly 'cos I can't be !!!!!d (and my conscience won't allow it ) with writing sob stories.
    You have all been warned.......MUHAHAHHAH
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin'
    • Donnylover
    • By Donnylover 16th Oct 16, 7:36 AM
    • 527 Posts
    • 1,705 Thanks

First 2 or 3 years of comping I spent hours doing them religiously and won a big fat nothing!

So now it's very hit and miss if I do any. However last year I did do a few that tickled my fancy and won the following.....

Krispy Kreme Gold Card (24 krispy Kremes a month for a year) *
    £ 200 Toys R Us voucher
    In the Nightgarden calendar
    £ 25 W.H. Smith Voucher

So that made me feel a bit better about advents

* I actually don't like Krispy Kremes but my sons girlfriend was overjoyed we got 4 out of the 12 lots and then she borrowed my card and lost it So a bit of a wasted prize really

Good Luck to everyone who loves them
    • abigailflo
    • By abigailflo 16th Oct 16, 12:29 PM
    • 240 Posts
    • 861 Thanks
    Won a baby package on pushchair trader advent about five years ago which included the travel system, baby rocking chair and high chair worth over £1,200.00 which was my biggest win on adverts
    • LadyMorticia
    • By LadyMorticia 16th Oct 16, 12:43 PM
    • 18,844 Posts
    • 81,301 Thanks
    I've only won one thing on the advents in 5 years of doing them and that was a £100 clothing voucher (to a store I can't remember the name of. Haha.) I used to do them religiously but now I have two young kids and a chronic illness so I'm just going to do whichever ones take my fancy this year.
    ♫Cast your stones. cast your judgement
    You don't make me who I am♫
    • darrellburns347
    • By darrellburns347 17th Oct 16, 3:22 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    I once won a full makeover in London but I couldn't go, and it was for women (which I'm not)
    • squishylove1989
    • By squishylove1989 17th Oct 16, 5:12 PM
    • 17 Posts
    • 103 Thanks
    I can't wait for the advents, they get me feeling really festive. I don't always have the best of luck with them but find I have better luck with some of the form filling ones as people focus on advents so other comps get neglected. I did win a gorgeous hamper last year though, filled with deliciousy Christmas bits which I shared with the family.
    • lisylou21
    • By lisylou21 18th Oct 16, 10:30 AM
    • 188 Posts
    • 1,151 Thanks
    Last year was my first advents and I won a huge teddy from hamleys and a bundle of 30 childrens books
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

740Posts Today

6,077Users online

Martin's Twitter