Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kyleoneill88
    • By kyleoneill88 5th Oct 16, 3:37 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    kyleoneill88
    Window Blind Issues / Query
    • 5th Oct 16, 3:37 PM
    Window Blind Issues / Query 5th Oct 16 at 3:37 PM
    Hi everyone - hoping someone could advise on how bets to approach this situation:

I purchased new window blinds (the 'Perfect Fit blinds) from a local supplier in Northern Scotland in March 2015. I have had numerous problems with them ever since: material tearing, threads appearing and getting longer, the frame coming off & loose. Basically an endless number of issues.

The company who supplied me were bought over in May 2016 - I only found this out when I contacted them again to complain about the standard of them. They offered to come out and sort them at no extra cost in June 2016.

Unfortunately the same issues are still on-going. I contacted them today to raise it but they simply said that the blinds are not under warranty and since it was a different company they have no obligation to assist us. They offered to replace them at full cost!

Anyone know what I should do? I cant really afford to replace these blinds (which cost hundreds of ££ to begin with!).
Page 1
    • phil24_7
    • By phil24_7 5th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    • 1,311 Posts
    • 585 Thanks
    phil24_7
    • 5th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 3:47 PM
    If this is a continuation of the original problem, and they were made aware of it, then it should still be covered under warranty. The company was bought, this includes ALL assets and liabilities, unless otherwise agreed within the contract. Normally this means the new company will be liable for the old company's warranty claims.
    • phil24_7
    • By phil24_7 5th Oct 16, 3:49 PM
    • 1,311 Posts
    • 585 Thanks
    phil24_7
    • 5th Oct 16, 3:49 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 3:49 PM
    The fact that they have been out already indicates that they know they are liable. Thy just seem to be wanting to shift the blame, possibly due to the cost of replacing?!?!
    • kyleoneill88
    • By kyleoneill88 12th Oct 16, 2:45 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    kyleoneill88
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:45 PM
    • 12th Oct 16, 2:45 PM
    I agree with these comments. However, someone told me that because the company was bought over - all assets and liabilities are not transferred over. Hence the reason for them not assuming responsibility.

Almost tempted to thrown them in the bin and move on now :-(
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,211Posts Today

6,523Users online

Martin's Twitter