Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 5th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    • 6,711Posts
    • 1,485Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Best sub-200 mobile
    • 5th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    Best sub-200 mobile 5th Oct 16 at 1:40 PM
    What is currently the best sim-free sub 200 mobile and why ?
    My Samsung Galaxy S4 had an accident this morning and needs replacing........
Page 4
    • Atasas
    • By Atasas 16th Oct 16, 12:52 PM
    • 484 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Atasas
    I know, the talk was about sub 200

http://m.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_423248.html?wid=11&utm_source=mail_api&utm_medi um=mail&utm_campaign=special.1014&eo=6p1ac8rkdivkx ckd&email=b2t8dGF1Z2luYXNAZ21haWwuY29tfDkxNzc=
    • malky39
    • By malky39 16th Oct 16, 6:38 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    malky39
    http://www.banggood.com/UMI-Super-5_5-inch-Fingerprint-4GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Helio-P10-MT6755-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1054938.html?rmmds=category
    This seems to have alot for the 150 price tag, covers all UK 4g bands aswell.

Or you can get the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro, Taiwanese version for roughly the same price which covers all uk bands
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 17th Oct 16, 8:57 AM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    http://www.banggood.com/UMI-Super-5_5-inch-Fingerprint-4GB-RAM-32GB-ROM-Helio-P10-MT6755-Octa-core-4G-Smartphone-p-1054938.html?rmmds=category
    This seems to have alot for the 150 price tag, covers all UK 4g bands aswell.

Or you can get the xiaomi redmi note 3 pro, Taiwanese version for roughly the same price which covers all uk bands
    Originally posted by malky39
    Sorry but why would anyone pay 150 for an unknown make with zero UK based user feedback?
    • Atasas
    • By Atasas 17th Oct 16, 11:01 AM
    • 484 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Atasas
    Sorry but why would anyone pay 150 for an unknown make with zero UK based user feedback?
    Originally posted by 50Twuncle
    anyone who has knowledge instead of ignorance
    • LONDON_SMOGGY
    • By LONDON_SMOGGY 17th Oct 16, 1:42 PM
    • 91 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    LONDON_SMOGGY
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/best-cheap-smartphones-payg-mobiles-compared-961975

Interesting comparison, I need speed of navigation and internet really, surely the wileyfox storm cant be beaten at this 3gb ram and 32gb internal memory spec. Does anyone know if it comes with loads of google bloatware like the moto g etc?
    • gfplux
    • By gfplux 23rd Oct 16, 7:30 PM
    • 2,232 Posts
    • 2,215 Thanks
    gfplux
    I have just bought a Huawei P9 lite. 16gb memory. 3gb Ram. It also has space for a memory card up to 128gb.
    I bought it from Auchan. €275. Tango have it at €295 and Join €299
    It come with a three year guarantee.
    The big Chinese makers are giving Apple and Samsung a lot of competition in Europe.
    I have had it for 5 days and I am very pleased with it. The Huawei is faster than my Samsung S5.
    I voted to remain. Now I look forward to the end of March 2017 when some of the uncertainty will disappear IF/PERHAPS/MAYBE article 50 is triggered.
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 23rd Oct 16, 7:37 PM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    http://www.techradar.com/news/phone-and-communications/mobile-phones/best-cheap-smartphones-payg-mobiles-compared-961975

Interesting comparison, I need speed of navigation and internet really, surely the wileyfox storm cant be beaten at this 3gb ram and 32gb internal memory spec. Does anyone know if it comes with loads of google bloatware like the moto g etc?
    Originally posted by LONDON_SMOGGY
    The Moto g does not come with much bloatware - and what there is, is disableable so you are mistaken
    Samsung on the other hand has heaps of unwanted bloatware that you cannot remove/ disable !!
    • d123
    • By d123 23rd Oct 16, 11:45 PM
    • 5,785 Posts
    • 3,787 Thanks
    d123
    I have just bought a Huawei P9 lite. 16gb memory. 3gb Ram. It also has space for a memory card up to 128gb.
    I bought it from Auchan. 275. Tango have it at 295 and Join 299
    Originally posted by gfplux
    Looks like you overpaid, it's only 199 from Giffgaff.

P9 lite Giffgaff

Is that from the retailer? Huawei only offer a 2 year manufacturers warranty (only 6 months on the battery and charger).

1. HUAWEI warrants that the Products are free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use and use in accordance with the respective Product user manual, during the Warranty Period (defined below).

2. The Warranty is provided for a period of: twenty-four (24) months in respect of the device; six (6) months in respect of the charger and a removable battery; and, three (3) months in respect of the earphones, from the date of the original retail purchase of the Product (Warranty Period).
    http://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-policy/index.htm
    Dave
    ====
    • A Medium Size Jock
    • By A Medium Size Jock 24th Oct 16, 11:40 AM
    • 793 Posts
    • 1,733 Thanks
    A Medium Size Jock
    I bought it from Auchan. 275. Tango have it at 295 and Join 299
    The big Chinese makers are giving Apple and Samsung a lot of competition in Europe.
    I have had it for 5 days and I am very pleased with it. The Huawei is faster than my Samsung S5.
    Originally posted by gfplux
    Quite a nice phone.
    Besides the above comments though, they are also usually a little slow in releasing updates so although they have confirmed it will get Nougat it won't be soon.
    Unlike Motorola who are always pretty quick.

Also the lack of Gorilla Glass or similar would be a concern, personally.
    "The trouble with an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." Terry Pratchett.
    "If you have a problem with me call me.
    If you don't have my phone number, that means you don't know me well enough to have a problem. "
    • gfplux
    • By gfplux 24th Oct 16, 5:42 PM
    • 2,232 Posts
    • 2,215 Thanks
    gfplux
    Looks like you overpaid, it's only 199 from Giffgaff.

P9 lite Giffgaff

Is that from the retailer? Huawei only offer a 2 year manufacturers warranty (only 6 months on the battery and charger).

http://consumer.huawei.com/uk/support/warranty-policy/index.htm
    Originally posted by d123

2 Years from the retailer plus extra year from Huawei if purchase registered within 28 days of purchase. I think it is a special promotion for Benelux. The brand is making big inroads in to the market.
    I voted to remain. Now I look forward to the end of March 2017 when some of the uncertainty will disappear IF/PERHAPS/MAYBE article 50 is triggered.
    • amyreitz
    • By amyreitz 24th Oct 16, 9:50 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 7 Thanks
    amyreitz
    Most UK warranties only cover the phone's software and aren't worth the paper they are written on.

A couple of yrs ago I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 1, with my mobile contract.
    Everything that could break broke and the battery almost caught fire as well.
    Paid 480 for the phone and another 100 in repairs as the warranty only covered the software. 2wks before my contract ended the software would
    no go beyond the Samsung logo.
    Since my bad experience with Samsung and phone warranties, I am done with expensive branded phones, complete rip off.
    At the moment there a so many grew phones being launched on Gearbest and Bangood.
    I bought a really cheap chinese phone recently after I some great review from some credible Youtubers ( not those dodgy 1mio subscribers + with big corporate contracts), to see what all the hype is about.
    I got a great phone for 40 the Oukitel C3 (I am not a gamer and don't download lots of apps) I use it for making calls, texting and surfing for which it is perfect.
    Nowadays technology is advancing so fast that phones become out dated at an ever increasing speed.
    The other thing I like about Oukitel is the build quality and that they send updates based on consumer feedback.
    It looks grew as well!
    • 50Twuncle
    • By 50Twuncle 25th Oct 16, 8:01 AM
    • 6,711 Posts
    • 1,485 Thanks
    50Twuncle
    Most UK warranties only cover the phone's software and aren't worth the paper they are written on.

A couple of yrs ago I bought the Samsung Galaxy Note 1, with my mobile contract.
    Everything that could break broke and the battery almost caught fire as well.
    Paid 480 for the phone and another 100 in repairs as the warranty only covered the software. 2wks before my contract ended the software would
    no go beyond the Samsung logo.
    Since my bad experience with Samsung and phone warranties, I am done with expensive branded phones, complete rip off.
    At the moment there a so many grew phones being launched on Gearbest and Bangood.
    I bought a really cheap chinese phone recently after I some great review from some credible Youtubers ( not those dodgy 1mio subscribers + with big corporate contracts), to see what all the hype is about.
    I got a great phone for 40 the Oukitel C3 (I am not a gamer and don't download lots of apps) I use it for making calls, texting and surfing for which it is perfect.
    Nowadays technology is advancing so fast that phones become out dated at an ever increasing speed.
    The other thing I like about Oukitel is the build quality and that they send updates based on consumer feedback.
    It looks grew as well!
    Originally posted by amyreitz
    Sorry I may be old but "grew" ...??
    • Shrimply
    • By Shrimply 25th Oct 16, 10:14 AM
    • 705 Posts
    • 352 Thanks
    Shrimply
    Originally posted by amyreitz
    What I didn't like about my Oukitel..

The fact people couldn't hear a thing I said on the phone.

The nasty package hidden under the name "ouki_sales" that kept re-enabling the "install from unknown sources" option and required rooting of the phone to remove didn't exactly thrill me either...
    • Atasas
    • By Atasas 25th Oct 16, 11:15 PM
    • 484 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Atasas
    http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_411510.html#lkid=10124033
    Anybody could fault UlePhones?
    91 currently
    • Atasas
    • By Atasas 29th Oct 16, 1:27 PM
    • 484 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Atasas
    Nice deal at 99
    http://www.ebuyer.com/660807-asus-zenfone-5-lte-16gb-smartphone-black-a500kl-2a085ww
    and TBH my most favorite droid build 4.4 too!
    • malky39
    • By malky39 29th Oct 16, 5:30 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 147 Thanks
    malky39
    EE are currently doing the P9 lite for 139.99
    • undetterred
    • By undetterred 29th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 422 Posts
    • 453 Thanks
    undetterred
    Just bought a Lenovo zuk z2, 195 from gearbest, top quality spec,4gb ram,64gb storage.
    • gfplux
    • By gfplux 30th Oct 16, 8:11 AM
    • 2,232 Posts
    • 2,215 Thanks
    gfplux
    EE are currently doing the P9 lite for 139.99
    Originally posted by malky39
    After two weeks of using my P9 lite I would say that is a brilliant price for a super duper phone. ?are they offering with Huawei 3 years guarantee?
    There are 4 phone/internet providers in Luxembourg and three out of the four now have Huawei phones alongside Apple and Samsung.
    Perhaps a coming force in the market.

Are there many Huawei phone stockists in the U.K.?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,119Posts Today

5,457Users online

Martin's Twitter