Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• powerful_Rogue
    • By powerful_Rogue 5th Oct 16, 11:49 AM
    • 2,664Posts
    • 3,815Thanks
    Praise for Amazon
    • 5th Oct 16, 11:49 AM
    Praise for Amazon 5th Oct 16 at 11:49 AM
    Purchased a smartwatch for £188 back in October 2014.

Last Friday it just died on me, so thought id contact Amazon and see what they say. Said they would get the item repaired despite being out of warranty etc.

Returns label emailed to me and item dropped off at Collect+ the same day.

Product returned yesterday and just heard back today Amazon are refunding the £188 I paid for the watch. I would have been happy with a repair, over the moon with an exchange and am speechless they are issuing a full refund! (Especially as the watch can now be bought for £99).

Great service, above and beyond by Amazon
Page 1
    • janeken
    • By janeken 18th Oct 16, 10:17 AM
    • 309 Posts
    • 491 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:17 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:17 AM
    Praise from me too. I bought an iPad mini from them last May and two weeks ago it died on me and wasn't accepting a charge. I contacted Amazon customer service who replied within 24 hours. The iPad was supplied from a third party so they couldn't replace it but offered a refund to my Amazon account of the total paid, the credit email and return label was sent soon after.

As it happens my husband had taken it to the Apple shop the day I contacted Amazon and they put it on charge and it started working again and has been ever since.

I am very impressed by this service.
    • Bogalot
    • By Bogalot 18th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    • 201 Posts
    • 465 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:04 AM
    I bought a second hand book from them for 33p (Prime Student so free postage, full price of book £15). It arrived within 24 hours and is in perfect condition, still sealed. For all that people may criticise them, I can't think of anywhere else you'd get such a bargain.
    • pulliptears
    • By pulliptears 18th Oct 16, 3:29 PM
    • 13,523 Posts
    • 23,008 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:29 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:29 PM
    Bit of a grumble from me.

Pre Ordered a book mid August. Book due for release 3rd September, as I have Prime I expect it on the day. Date comes and goes. Date is pushed forward to 27th September. Meanwhile book is very much released and other friends have their copies.

27th comes and goes, date is again changed, now to 7th October. By the 8th it's changed again to 16th October. At this point I speak to live chat. They apologise and 'guarantee' I'll have it on the 16th..... (you can see where this is going)

16th October, date changes yet again to 28th. Really annoyed at this point so contact live chat yet again. More apologies. This time they claim they will have it sent from a different warehouse and it will 'definitely be with me today'. Of course, it's not here, not even marked as dispatched so it's not coming today. Not even bothering with live chat now, have emailed CS.

Annoyingly, friends who pre ordered from Amazon after me have their copy, and there is no other retailer in the UK with it listed.
    I appreciate delays happen, but stop bloody lying to me.
    "Gggggrrrrrr Rrrraaaahhh Rrrrrrggghhhhnn" - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)

• iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 18th Oct 16, 3:39 PM
    • 3,676 Posts
    • 7,074 Thanks
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:39 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:39 PM
    Generally I find them good.

However the system that the OP described can work the other way, which happened to me

I found a bargain as you can due to the prices fluctuating quite a lot. I was pleased with my item until it failed 3 weeks later Amazon were good about the return but they only offered refunds not replacements, by this time the price of the item had gone up considerably so whilst I was not out of pocket, I could not replace what I had.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,272Posts Today

7,785Users online

Martin's Twitter