Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Cpu2007
    • By Cpu2007 5th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    • 613Posts
    • 36Thanks
    Cpu2007
    Car model recall
    • 5th Oct 16, 11:29 AM
    Car model recall 5th Oct 16 at 11:29 AM
    We received a letter stating that our car is part of a mass recall of vehicles that have airbags issues.

The car is a Honday CRV

They said that this is just a notification so we don't have to do anything about it yet as they are getting all the replacement parts ready; this might take a lot of time as it has been several months since they said it.

This car was bought second hand from a trader, what are my rights if we don't want to keep the car, which has a serious issue?

Thank you
Page 2
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 6th Oct 16, 10:26 AM
    • 8,570 Posts
    • 5,607 Thanks
    neilmcl
    Additionally, I think you guys have skipped the part where it says there has been 100 of injuries, I guess that's not serious as well.
    Originally posted by Cpu2007
    None in the UK afaik.
    • tykesi
    • By tykesi 6th Oct 16, 12:44 PM
    • 1,400 Posts
    • 1,762 Thanks
    tykesi
    None in the UK afaik.
    Originally posted by neilmcl
    Please don't tell the OP things they don't want to hear. They posted to get people to agree with them and tell them they're entitled to millions in compo and a brand new car. Pointing out relevant and useful information isn't helpful to the OP!
    • marliepanda
    • By marliepanda 6th Oct 16, 1:05 PM
    • 3,593 Posts
    • 7,070 Thanks
    marliepanda
    I don't think you got the gist of my original post on this matter.

Why do YOU feel you need an immediate repair as opposed to everyone else involved in the recall?
    Suvery Earnings 2016 - £188
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 6th Oct 16, 7:56 PM
    • 23,295 Posts
    • 9,184 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    100's of injuries? These are US citizens that have just crashed and will claim a broken fingernail as an injury to get some $$$$$.

How many in the UK?
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • Cpu2007
    • By Cpu2007 7th Oct 16, 9:42 AM
    • 613 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Cpu2007
    I don't think you got the gist of my original post on this matter.

Why do YOU feel you need an immediate repair as opposed to everyone else involved in the recall?
    Originally posted by marliepanda
    I feel the need to have my car repaired as a result of the seriousness of this issue.
    • Cpu2007
    • By Cpu2007 7th Oct 16, 9:44 AM
    • 613 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Cpu2007
    100's of injuries? These are US citizens that have just crashed and will claim a broken fingernail as an injury to get some $$$$$.

How many in the UK?
    Originally posted by forgotmyname
    can you send me the citation where you got the fact that these injuries were simply broken fingernails?thank you
    • Faith177
    • By Faith177 7th Oct 16, 9:57 AM
    • 2,396 Posts
    • 3,828 Thanks
    Faith177
    I feel the need to have my car repaired as a result of the seriousness of this issue.
    If it's lasted this long I'm sure you'll be fine

The chances are seeing as I can't find anything relating to the same thing happening here that the part used in the US is different from the part used for the UK and European market (due to different regulations ect) but Honda have done the sensible thing and issued a recall.

I'm sure if there was any immediate threat they would be doing the repairs asap
    First Date 08/11/2008, Moved In Together 01/06/2009, Engaged 01/01/10, Wedding Date 27/04/2013

WW - Start Weight 15.1 Goal 10.10 loss so far 9lbs
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 7th Oct 16, 10:15 AM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 6,506 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    Can I ask, have you actually been in touch with your local dealership?
    "I suggest you read who's thread this is and you will find its MINE". sic
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 7th Oct 16, 10:22 AM
    • 8,570 Posts
    • 5,607 Thanks
    neilmcl
    Then do so at your own cost...or have a bit of patience and wait in line like everyone else has to.
    • Cpu2007
    • By Cpu2007 7th Oct 16, 10:26 AM
    • 613 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Cpu2007
    Can I ask, have you actually been in touch with your local dealership?
    Originally posted by theonlywayisup
    I have not, I will be calling them this weekend and see what they say now that I have a clearer picture of my rights.
    • neilmcl
    • By neilmcl 7th Oct 16, 10:30 AM
    • 8,570 Posts
    • 5,607 Thanks
    neilmcl
    I have not, I will be calling them this weekend and see what they say now that I have a clearer picture of my rights.
    TBH, that should have been your first port of call.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 7th Oct 16, 10:30 AM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 6,506 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    I don't know how you may be thinking of approaching them, but I certainly wouldn't be wanting to quote any rights (or lack of them) until I had sought their advice and/or reassurance.

Rather than stress about this, I mean, you have known for some months and not called them, why don't you give them a call today? Just explain how much it is worrying you and see what they say.
    • Cpu2007
    • By Cpu2007 7th Oct 16, 10:53 AM
    • 613 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Cpu2007
    Thank you guys, really appreciate it.
    It is true that it has been for months and it's also true that I have not call them.
    I didn't take this issue seriously until I saw that it caused injuries all over the world. There have been reports in other countries and in some the news is being suppressed.

My intention it's to talk to them only and if they can get it replaced earlier that would be good.
    • rustyboy21
    • By rustyboy21 7th Oct 16, 4:31 PM
    • 2,506 Posts
    • 2,398 Thanks
    rustyboy21
    Thank you guys, really appreciate it.
    It is true that it has been for months and it's also true that I have not call them.
    I didn't take this issue seriously until I saw that it caused injuries all over the world. There have been reports in other countries and in some the news is being suppressed.

My intention it's to talk to them only and if they can get it replaced earlier that would be good.
    You will have a cat in hells chance of getting any sense over the weekend. The service dept will only be open sat am, most likely the service manager will be off and it won't come under the sales dept remit. They won't be able to get any authorisation from Honda UK to do what you want at the weekend.

Ring up during your lunch break in the week, you ( may) stand a better chance of some closure. I wouldn't hold your breath though.
    • nickcc
    • By nickcc 7th Oct 16, 7:04 PM
    • 1,544 Posts
    • 654 Thanks
    nickcc
    As previously posted Toyota have the same recall. I received a letter a few weeks ago advising me that when the parts become available ( evidently there are many many thousands in the same position) the replacement will be fitted at my local Toyota dealer. Not much we can do but wait.
    • forgotmyname
    • By forgotmyname 7th Oct 16, 7:27 PM
    • 23,295 Posts
    • 9,184 Thanks
    forgotmyname
    can you send me the citation where you got the fact that these injuries were simply broken fingernails?thank you

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1144563/Woman-longest-fingernails-world-breaks-car-crash.html
    Punctuation, Spelling and Grammar will be used sparingly. Due to rising costs of inflation.

My contribution to MSE. Other contributions will only be used if they cost me nothing.

Due to me being a tight git.
    • mije1983
    • By mije1983 7th Oct 16, 7:32 PM
    • 2,157 Posts
    • 17,234 Thanks
    mije1983
    Was she growing them so she could burst the air bag if it wrongly inflated?

• lincroft1710
    • By lincroft1710 18th Oct 16, 4:15 PM
    • 8,444 Posts
    • 6,077 Thanks
    lincroft1710
    It's been over a week, OP, what did the Honda dealer say?
    • wealdroam
    • By wealdroam 18th Oct 16, 6:04 PM
    • 17,415 Posts
    • 13,992 Thanks
    wealdroam
    It's been over a week...
    Originally posted by lincroft1710
    That is worrying.

I must buy a Daily Mirror tomorrow and see if the airbag injury count has gone up by one.
    • theonlywayisup
    • By theonlywayisup 18th Oct 16, 6:49 PM
    • 9,686 Posts
    • 6,506 Thanks
    theonlywayisup
    That is worrying.

I must buy a Daily Mirror tomorrow and see if the airbag injury count has gone up by one.
    Originally posted by wealdroam
    It won't be in the Mail, only the New York Times.

OP last logged in 10-10-16.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,424Posts Today

7,186Users online

Martin's Twitter