Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moggy12
    • By moggy12 5th Oct 16, 10:57 AM
    • 41Posts
    • 13Thanks
    moggy12
    first utility warm front
    • 5th Oct 16, 10:57 AM
    first utility warm front 5th Oct 16 at 10:57 AM
    anyone got any info when you can register for first utility warm front scheme ? says you register a interest and will be opening by end of sept thanks for any replies
Page 1
    • D_M_E
    • By D_M_E 5th Oct 16, 3:06 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 20,041 Thanks
    D_M_E
    • 5th Oct 16, 3:06 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 3:06 PM
    If you are not in the core group - who get notified by letter from the DWP - then you should register your interest and, when they send you an email saying the scheme is open, fill out the online form which their email takes you to.

This secondary scheme is discretionary and once they have allocated all their warm homes cash to applicants then any further registrations will be rejected, so as soon as you get the SCHEME IS OPEN email fill out the form.

I believe they open applications sometime in the next 3 weeks and if your application is successful pay the £140 in February.

Also, if you switch suppliers you have to comply with the new supplier's conditions and make another application - don't know if this applies to the core group, though.
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 6th Oct 16, 12:31 PM
    • 4,772 Posts
    • 4,893 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:31 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 12:31 PM
    Warm Front was a Government scheme to give free boilers and home insulation, which ended in 2013.

Do you mean the Warm Home Discount Scheme?
    There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O.S. Nock
    • moggy12
    • By moggy12 6th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    moggy12
    • 6th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    • 6th Oct 16, 1:20 PM
    yes sox meant warm home discount thanks D_M_E for the info
    • mama5405
    • By mama5405 18th Oct 16, 10:58 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mama5405
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:58 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 10:58 AM
    I phoned today about the broader group, was told the scheme will open by end of October.
    • poppasmurf_bewdley
    • By poppasmurf_bewdley 18th Oct 16, 11:13 AM
    • 4,772 Posts
    • 4,893 Thanks
    poppasmurf_bewdley
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:13 AM
    • 18th Oct 16, 11:13 AM
    I phoned today about the broader group, was told the scheme will open by end of October.
    Originally posted by mama5405
    I'm with Eon and received my £140 Warm Home credit into my account this morning.
    There are not enough superlatives in the English language to describe a 'Princess Coronation' locomotive in full cry. We shall never see their like again". O.S. Nock
    • moggy12
    • By moggy12 18th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    • 41 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    moggy12
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    thanks for the info
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 18th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    • 589 Posts
    • 944 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 3:26 PM
    I'm with Eon and received my £140 Warm Home credit into my account this morning.
    Originally posted by poppasmurf_bewdley

Mine has been credited to my account today, too.

It's the first day i hadn't checked, so thanks for that.

A very healthy balance of £140 currently as i also received the smallest of rebates, last week. My account is running efficiently.

Thanks E.on.
    yabba dabba don't
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    • 18th Oct 16, 4:49 PM
    E.ON Warm Home Discount 2016/17
    • 18th Oct 16, 4:49 PM
    Originally posted by poppasmurf_bewdley
    Glad you've received the Warm Home Discount for 2016/17 poppasmurf. We started making payments for this year's scheme on Monday, 17 October 16. These payments are under the Broader Group. We're aiming to make all Broader Group payments by 31 May 17. We'll confirm once the payment has been made.

Core Group customers would have started to receive letters from the Department for Work and Pensions from Thursday, 13 October 16 explaining what will happen. It's important customers follow any instructions in these letters to make sure they receive their payment.

Hope this is of interest.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • E.ON Company Representative: Malc
    E.ON Warm Home Discount 2016/17
    Mine has been credited to my account today, too.

It's the first day i hadn't checked, so thanks for that.

A very healthy balance of £140 currently as i also received the smallest of rebates, last week. My account is running efficiently.

Thanks E.on.
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    Glad all's running okay fredandwilma and that you've received the Warm Home Discount for 2016/17.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
    • mama5405
    • By mama5405 15th Nov 16, 9:43 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mama5405
    I will certainly consider E.on next time I change utilities Company.

First Utility have updated me by saying in an email that I will receive my letter by 16 December at the latest.

Anyone else got any news?
    • D_M_E
    • By D_M_E 15th Nov 16, 12:53 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 20,041 Thanks
    D_M_E
    Update - the First Utility scheme for the Broader Group will be open for applications on Monday 21st November 2016.
    • moggy12
    • By moggy12 21st Nov 16, 10:29 AM
    • 41 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    moggy12
    first utility still not open and its the 21st nov are they dragging there feet ?
    • D_M_E
    • By D_M_E 21st Nov 16, 11:14 AM
    • 664 Posts
    • 20,041 Thanks
    D_M_E
    I phoned them and asked about this and the answer I got was that the broader group scheme would be opening for applications on monday 21st November.

As my mate says, the day don't end until midnight................
    • D_M_E
    • By D_M_E 22nd Nov 16, 9:25 AM
    • 664 Posts
    • 20,041 Thanks
    D_M_E
    Another update

First Utility opened their scheme for the broader group yesterday, BUT they are working through the list of people who registered their interest using the form on their website and expect to have gone through the list by the end of the week.

They will send and email response this week if they think you are entitled.

As soon as you get that email fill out the form which it links to.

Now it's just wait and see but you should know by the end of this week.
    • mama5405
    • By mama5405 27th Nov 16, 2:19 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    mama5405
    Thank you D_E_M.

Still no email response from First Utility regarding Broader Group, no doubt they would say they are still going through the list of people who registered an interest.

I have received the discount in the past when I was a customer of EDF and Sainsbury, I would be annoyed if I didn't get it from First Utility.

Any luck from anyone else?
    Last edited by mama5405; 27-11-2016 at 2:22 PM. Reason: missing details
    • D_M_E
    • By D_M_E 27th Nov 16, 5:31 PM
    • 664 Posts
    • 20,041 Thanks
    D_M_E
    The latest update - no more after this

The First Utility scheme for the broader group is now open for applications.

Go to their website - www.first-utility.com - and click on HELP then type in WARM HOME in the box and press enter.

There is a link in the what looks like purple box that comes up - click on that then fill out the form.

It looks like they have not sent out emails but the form is there on the website to fill in and submit.

Maybe they don't want a flood of applications or they don't have a lot of money left to distribute.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

932Posts Today

5,823Users online

Martin's Twitter