Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • tinkerbelle12
    • By tinkerbelle12 4th Oct 16, 9:44 PM
    • 24Posts
    • 8Thanks
    tinkerbelle12
    house for sale and no viewings, any advice?
    • 4th Oct 16, 9:44 PM
    house for sale and no viewings, any advice? 4th Oct 16 at 9:44 PM
    I'd be grateful for any thoughts and advice, our house has been on the market for nearly 3 weeks and although it is having lots of looks online there have been no viewings. I'm considering reducing the price as I feel the price may be optimistic but would that put people off viewing, would they not view and make a lower offer?

I'd appreciate any thoughts.

TIA
Page 3
    • demontfort
    • By demontfort 7th Oct 16, 1:03 PM
    • 162 Posts
    • 270 Thanks
    demontfort
    My only thought is that I hope a fat person never tries to use your downstairs toilet (pic 5).
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 7th Oct 16, 3:06 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    sheff6107
    £200k is too much for a terraced in Whitefield. I'll be buying next year in the area and will be looking to spend £170k on a three bed semi.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 7th Oct 16, 10:27 PM
    • 2,907 Posts
    • 1,686 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    £200k is too much for a terraced in Whitefield. I'll be buying next year in the area and will be looking to spend £170k on a three bed semi.
    Originally posted by sheff6107

What is this terraced worth IYO?
    • amateur house
    • By amateur house 8th Oct 16, 2:01 PM
    • 76 Posts
    • 66 Thanks
    amateur house
    Number 20 is for sale now too, £170K. A mid-terrace so probably wouldn't be worth as much, says there is off road parking (no garage?) at the back

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44759751.html
    • sheff6107
    • By sheff6107 8th Oct 16, 5:22 PM
    • 186 Posts
    • 134 Thanks
    sheff6107
    What is this terraced worth IYO?
    Originally posted by Crashy Time
    What someone will pay for it. But you need to be in the same ballpark as what others are asking to get any viewings.
    • tinkerbelle12
    • By tinkerbelle12 8th Oct 16, 10:08 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    tinkerbelle12
    Good luck
    • tinkerbelle12
    • By tinkerbelle12 8th Oct 16, 10:10 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    tinkerbelle12
    My only thought is that I hope a fat person never tries to use your downstairs toilet (pic 5).
    Originally posted by demontfort
    pic clearly doesn't do it justice as i'm a size 20 lol
    • tinkerbelle12
    • By tinkerbelle12 8th Oct 16, 10:13 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    tinkerbelle12

had another viewing today and will get feedback tomorrow, damn this house selling and buying is stressfull. I wouldn't be in any rush but I have seen the house I want and worried it will get an offer before we do Do we have to have accepted an offer on ours before we make an offer on a house, sorry for my ignorance but only bought once and never sold!
    • Bonfire Bride
    • By Bonfire Bride 8th Oct 16, 10:23 PM
    • 662 Posts
    • 811 Thanks
    Bonfire Bride

had another viewing today and will get feedback tomorrow, damn this house selling and buying is stressfull. I wouldn't be in any rush but I have seen the house I want and worried it will get an offer before we do Do we have to have accepted an offer on ours before we make an offer on a house, sorry for my ignorance but only bought once and never sold!
    Originally posted by tinkerbelle12
    Unfortunately yes! You aren't really proceedable at the moment. They may accept an offer but most vendors would continue marketing. Our seller wasn't proceedable or willing to move into rented (told us after 2 months) so we pulled out.

I think the house looks good. The toilet photo should be removed...it looks incredibly small and would put me off. Just leave it off and let them see it at viewings.

Good Luck
    Mummy to 2 little boys born in 2013 & 2015
    House on the market for 19 months ....SOLD! ...complete!
    Natalie
    • tinkerbelle12
    • By tinkerbelle12 8th Oct 16, 11:26 PM
    • 24 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    tinkerbelle12
    Thanks BB, I know we have to have had an offer in order to make an offer but do we have had to have accepted the offer before making an offer?
    • carefullycautious
    • By carefullycautious 9th Oct 16, 6:48 AM
    • 2,136 Posts
    • 2,949 Thanks
    carefullycautious
    The Brick wallpaper does the GF toilet no favours as it really closes the space in. I would keep all walls light coloured. Floor to ceiling tile mirrors would give an illusion of space also.
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 9th Oct 16, 10:35 AM
    • 26,251 Posts
    • 15,789 Thanks
    getmore4less
    You can make offers but do not expect them to be accepted or exclusive.

I think there is no harm in showing your intent on a place as long as you are within sensible range of asking.
    They can at least consider it against any other offers and ask for an update when they get one.

If looking to aim low on your target place you need to be a more attractive buyer.
    • warby68
    • By warby68 9th Oct 16, 10:47 AM
    • 606 Posts
    • 7,941 Thanks
    warby68
    Good luck with the weekend viewings.

Certainly express your keen interest in the property you want. Showing serious intent is a good thing and can keep you a place in the 'queue' to some extent. Our last house wasn't for sale when we offered on this and our ultimate buyers' wasn't either when they offered on ours. The offers were provisional of course but if you don't get a clue whether the vendor is interested you might be wasting time trying to sell anyway.
    • Cakeguts
    • By Cakeguts 9th Oct 16, 2:32 PM
    • 897 Posts
    • 1,122 Thanks
    Cakeguts
    I had a quick look on street view and the houses without that horrible porch have more kerb appeal. There is also the razor wire on the top of the wall of the building in the road opposite your garage that might put people off. I don't think the garage adds anything because there is a big sign about parking on it which suggests to me that people park in front of it so if I lived in your house I would never be able to get my car into the garage. How often do you put your car in the garage?
    • Slinky
    • By Slinky 9th Oct 16, 4:40 PM
    • 3,812 Posts
    • 13,836 Thanks
    Slinky
    The Brick wallpaper does the GF toilet no favours as it really closes the space in. I would keep all walls light coloured. Floor to ceiling tile mirrors would give an illusion of space also.
    Originally posted by carefullycautious
    I agree about the wallpaper, but floor to ceiling mirror tiles in a toilet? Who wants to admire themselves sitting on the pot that much!
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 9th Oct 16, 5:38 PM
    • 2,907 Posts
    • 1,686 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    Number 20 is for sale now too, £170K. A mid-terrace so probably wouldn't be worth as much, says there is off road parking (no garage?) at the back

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-44759751.html
    Originally posted by amateur house

Wildly over-priced. Would probably sell at 70k.
    • jojo9239
    • By jojo9239 9th Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 319 Posts
    • 223 Thanks
    jojo9239
    I know that area well as I live in it and I think it's a tad pricey tbh
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 10th Oct 16, 11:30 AM
    • 2,907 Posts
    • 1,686 Thanks
    Crashy Time
    I know that area well as I live in it and I think it's a tad pricey tbh
    Originally posted by jojo9239

What would be fair value IYO?
    • Rain Shadow
    • By Rain Shadow 10th Oct 16, 12:04 PM
    • 1,403 Posts
    • 2,565 Thanks
    Rain Shadow
    Good luck
    Originally posted by tinkerbelle12

I'm obviously lucky.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-60925229.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61429469.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-62388950.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-61460600.html

And how about a three bed detached for under £150k?

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51125179.html
    Last edited by Rain Shadow; 10-10-2016 at 12:09 PM.
    • Crashy Time
    • By Crashy Time 11th Oct 16, 2:53 PM
    • 2,907 Posts
    • 1,686 Thanks
    Crashy Time

As the banking woes continue I can see these houses being cheaper still.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,082Posts Today

8,474Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @itvMLshow: Tonight #MartinLewis looks into our family finances; Marriage tax allowance, student loans and child tax credit, 8pm on @ITV?

• Don't forget 8pm tonight ITV - should be a good show. As always my aim is to, in effect, pay you to watch #martinlewis money show

• RT @bbc5live: After midday, money-saving @MartinSLewis will be here to answer your financial questions ????https://t.co/UQMSd5TKbb https://t.?

• Follow Martin