Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stuflo
    • By stuflo 4th Oct 16, 7:20 PM
    • 8Posts
    • 3Thanks
    stuflo
    Parking Charge Notice time limit
    • 4th Oct 16, 7:20 PM
    Parking Charge Notice time limit 4th Oct 16 at 7:20 PM
    Hi there just after a bit of clarification regarding POFA 2012 schedule 4,
    it quite clearly states within paragraph 6.2 that they must write to the keeper within 14 days, for a remotely issued ticket (ie by post not a ticket on the vehicle)
    but reading through various posts on here people are mentioning 56 days and various other timescales.
    I received 2 tickets in 1 envelope with the alleged offences happening 52 and 73 days previous to the date on the letter.
    Also the pictures of my vehicle do not have any time or date stamp on them.
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Oct 16, 1:24 PM
    • 40,525 Posts
    • 52,411 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Oct 16, 1:24 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 1:24 PM
    Sounds like both cases are not POFA compliant. Which PPC?
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• stuflo
    • By stuflo 5th Oct 16, 5:28 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stuflo
    • 5th Oct 16, 5:28 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 5:28 PM
    The parking company is UK Parking Solutions.
    But the letter is headed UK parking Solution.
    Either way they are TR Luckings trading as the above.
    The ticket was given in a car park where I work and one of the tenants of a building I was parked in front of took pictures of my vehicle and got in contact with the parking company for the site.
    No pictures are time or date stamped. And there was no ticket on the vehicle so if was basically a remotely issued ticket I'm presuming.
    Thee may also be a claim that the pictures were not taken by one of there employees as well.

I've got until the 13 October to appeal
    • Fruitcake
    • By Fruitcake 5th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    • 36,468 Posts
    • 73,302 Thanks
    Fruitcake
    • 5th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 7:14 PM
    The parking company is UK Parking Solutions.
    But the letter is headed UK parking Solution.
    Either way they are TR Luckings trading as the above.
    The ticket was given in a car park where I work and one of the tenants of a building I was parked in front of took pictures of my vehicle and got in contact with the parking company for the site.
    No pictures are time or date stamped. And there was no ticket on the vehicle so if was basically a remotely issued ticket I'm presuming.
    Thee may also be a claim that the pictures were not taken by one of there employees as well.

I've got until the 13 October to appeal
    Originally posted by stuflo
    They are BPA members.

From the BPA CoP

9 Professionalism
    9.1 The Code is based on the understanding that operators and drivers should deal with each other in a respectful way.
    This means that as a member of the AOS you must maintain a professional standard of behaviour in carrying out your operational duties. This includes making sure that:
    • vehicles engaged in parking enforcement, such as ANPR vehicles, are marked clearly with appropriate livery or your business name, so that members of the public can see that you are the operator. Vehicles used only to transport parking enforcement staff do not need to be liveried.
    • your front-line operational staff wear a uniform and carry a photo-identity card that is visible and available for inspection by drivers

Send a complaint to the BPA and DVLA that a member of the public took a picture of your car and sent it to a private parking company who then issued you with a PCN.
    The alleged event was not witnessed by a member of the parking company but by a passer by who was not in uniform nor had an ID badge.
    Therefore the parking company had no business obtaining keeper details from the DVLA.
    Your local MP and Mrs May should be told about this scam in writing as well as Trading Standards and the local and national press.

Send the standard BPA template appeal and add (without revealing the driver's identity) that no front line operative was present at the time of the alleged event, and also that both NTKs arrived too late for keeper liability to apply.
    Last edited by Fruitcake; 05-10-2016 at 7:30 PM.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister.

All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Oct 16, 9:55 PM
    • 11,009 Posts
    • 16,433 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 5th Oct 16, 9:55 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 9:55 PM
    Your local MP and Mrs May should be told about this scam in writing as well as Trading Standards and the local and national press
    Please send a complaint to Theresa May (and others) as per Fruitcake's advice (above) and the following thread and show us a copy of it. It is important that those who are currently suffering at the hands of PPCs can give a first-hand account to politicians. Seeing that you are committed to exposing this scourge will encourage regulars to help you. The forum is overwhelmed with cases, and our time is limited, so help us to help you.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Please note: I am NOT involved in any 'paid for' appeals service.
    • stuflo
    • By stuflo 5th Oct 16, 10:04 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stuflo
    • 5th Oct 16, 10:04 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 10:04 PM
    Thanks for the advice.
    • stuflo
    • By stuflo 5th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stuflo
    • 5th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 10:07 PM
    Just a question regarding the above replies.
    How do they get away with issuing tickets via cctv then?
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 5th Oct 16, 10:09 PM
    • 11,009 Posts
    • 16,433 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    • 5th Oct 16, 10:09 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 10:09 PM
    Who's using CCTV to issue PPCs?
    NEWBIES - wise up - DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING CHARGE NOTICE - you have been warned!

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 5th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    • 40,525 Posts
    • 52,411 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 5th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    • 5th Oct 16, 10:36 PM
    You mean ANPR? Because there's a lot of money in it. ParkingEye are the biggest ANPR ticketer and they are owned by Capita with an obscene amount of cash being prised away from people every day. Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Make your complaints to your MP and Theresa May while she is planning 'change'.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• stuflo
    • By stuflo 6th Oct 16, 5:21 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stuflo
    what the landlords of the site ask the tenants to do is to take a picture of the vehicle parked in front of their premises and then email them to the landlord who forward them onto the parking enforcement company.
    I'm sure this does not adhere to the POFA guidelines or those of the BPA.
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 6th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 40,525 Posts
    • 52,411 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    It's called 'self ticketing' and is part of the entire house of cards scam and is 'allowed'; if only some day it was blown down.

• stuflo
    • By stuflo 9th Oct 16, 11:37 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stuflo
    this is a copy of my draft letter to send to the ppc for my complaint about late submission of the pcn's

if someone could have a quick look it'd be appreciated (it is copied from the correct template i believe.

Date
    Dear Sirs

Re: PCN No. ######### and ########
    Vehicle registration: #######

I challenge this 'PCN' as keeper of the vehicle and I will complain to the landowner about the matter if it is not cancelled.

You have NOT complied with terms stated in the POFA 2012 regarding paragraph 8.4(b) and 8.5 time scale to issue notice.
    I would also like to point out that NO PERMITS TO PARK are available for this site, which is the ultimate reason for yourselves issuing these notices.

Further, I understand you do not own the car park and you have given me no information about your policy with the landowner or on site businesses, to cancel such a charge. So please supply that policy as required under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013. I believe the driver may well be eligible for cancellation and you have omitted clear information about the process for complaints including a geographical address of the landowner.

There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn. You must either rely on the POFA 2012 and offer me a POPLA code, or cancel the charge.

I have kept proof of submission of this appeal and look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully,
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Oct 16, 12:14 PM
    • 11,009 Posts
    • 16,433 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    You will need to send separate appeals, one for each PCN as you will need separate verification codes for POPLA who definitely won't deal with one appeal covering two tickets.

If this was a camera operation (no windscreen ticket) then it's para 9 of PoFA, not para 8.

How are you getting on with your complaint to Theresa May?

• stuflo
    • By stuflo 9th Oct 16, 12:47 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stuflo
    thanks very much Umkomaas
    draft letter to Teresa May has started to be drawn up but not got very far, to much trawling on here to sort out both letters
    • Umkomaas
    • By Umkomaas 9th Oct 16, 1:12 PM
    • 11,009 Posts
    • 16,433 Thanks
    Umkomaas
    thanks very much Umkomaas
    draft letter to Teresa May has started to be drawn up but not got very far, to much trawling on here to sort out both letters
    To save you any trawling on this one, there's one already written for you. You might want to 'personalise' it with issues from your own case.

https://bmpa.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/211923909-Why-not-write-to-your-MP

Send it by snail mail with copies of all the drivel you are being forced to deal with by the PPC and any debt collectors involved. A thick envelope landing on a desk carries much more weight (intended pun) than an email with attachments entering an In Box and which can be so easily diverted to the Trash file.

Send separate bundles to Theresa May, Sir Oliver Heald and your local MP.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5524754

• stuflo
    • By stuflo 9th Oct 16, 7:28 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    stuflo
    great thanks for that Umkomaas
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

611Posts Today

3,658Users online

Martin's Twitter