Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • towser44
    • By towser44 4th Oct 16, 1:07 PM
    • 364Posts
    • 6,733Thanks
    towser44
    Before I get excited - Anyone had a Beauty Base Email?
    • 4th Oct 16, 1:07 PM
    Before I get excited - Anyone had a Beauty Base Email? 4th Oct 16 at 1:07 PM
    Just had a really short email from Beauty Base with 'Competition Winner' in the subject and in the body it just states

Hi (and then my name)

Congratulations you have won the competition Win Top Designer Fragrance Collection worth £700 on the beauty base website.

Regards,
    Beauty Base

I think its from the post below, but when I've clicked through to the comp page, it says the winner would be announced on 5th October and says the winner is 'Lisa'. Don't want to get too excited in case they've emailed all entrants by mistake lol!
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5521421&highlight=top+designer+fr agrance+collection
Page 7
    • 2013yearofthehouse
    • By 2013yearofthehouse 4th Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 1,733 Posts
    • 32,457 Thanks
    2013yearofthehouse
    Me too! Didn't get the "winning" email, but did get the second one offering 10% off. Can't even get a WEM when it isn't real

I shall write them an email expressing my utter despair at not being included in their non-winners' club and I shall suggest that the person who didn't send me one should be sacked
    Originally posted by deb2112
    Finally someone else! My mum and I don't feel quite so left out now!

Although, my mum, like you, got the 10% follow up email.....I however, didn't even get that! Time to feel left out again!
    • stressedaah30
    • By stressedaah30 4th Oct 16, 8:43 PM
    • 1,269 Posts
    • 10,865 Thanks
    stressedaah30
    just read this and had got all excited ive won
    JAN WINS- pepsi tshirt,
    • tammyk
    • By tammyk 4th Oct 16, 9:15 PM
    • 587 Posts
    • 3,699 Thanks
    tammyk
    I got it too...shame but never mind!
    2014:£1100 2015:£1350 2016: so far £2700 June: book, toy, Alton towers tickets, Night Garden toy, £250 gallery voucher, Triton shower. July: 5 kids books, day boat hire on broads, £50 Nipper Skipper voucher. Aug: Balloon lamp, jigsaw. Sept: cycle helmet, electric toothbrush, Gruffalo annual. Nov: Pickin Chickens Game, Baking bundle Dec: Headphones
    • GnashaLou
    • By GnashaLou 5th Oct 16, 10:48 AM
    • 9 Posts
    • 44 Thanks
    GnashaLou
    Blummin' heck! I got the email yesterday, went to work absolutely buzzing and slept with a smile on my face...woke up this morning, checked my spam folder and saw the 'sorry, but here have 10% off instead' email! Boo!

I've had a little win since starting comping a few months ago...thought I'd managed a whopper win already! Oh well, keep trying...

(They can stick their 10% up their backside...)
    Wins in 2016
    Children's tennis ball shaped chair, cat treats, £50 Staedtler stationery bundle
    • Midnighter
    • By Midnighter 5th Oct 16, 4:50 PM
    • 7,635 Posts
    • 841,793 Thanks
    Midnighter
    Lol, I got the WEM, but not the 10% off second email :-)
    Originally posted by towser44
    Same here. Maybe we should start a petition to get the person responsible sacked.... or not.
    Latest MSE Win: £200 (That's Life)

Latest Non-MSE Win: Anthony Horowitz's Magpie Murders

Avatar Angel Seraphina painted by Julie L.
    • 2013yearofthehouse
    • By 2013yearofthehouse 5th Oct 16, 7:50 PM
    • 1,733 Posts
    • 32,457 Thanks
    2013yearofthehouse
    Apparently some people got the "winning" email in their inbox, but the 10% off apology ended up in their junk email - they only found it because they went looking for it, but if you didn't know about it and didn't check your junk then could still be in for a disappointment unfortunately.
    • skinnylegs
    • By skinnylegs 7th Oct 16, 3:49 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 681 Thanks
    skinnylegs
    I was elated & then disappointed too!
    • superhez
    • By superhez 7th Oct 16, 5:46 PM
    • 860 Posts
    • 25,471 Thanks
    superhez
    Ah just got this, was so excited, glad I saw this so I wasn't excited for too long then disappointed.
    November wins: Jewellery Tree Deli Topper Pudding Neon Demon DVD
    • kit34
    • By kit34 8th Oct 16, 3:11 PM
    • 2,888 Posts
    • 87,431 Thanks
    kit34
    i have just got back off my hols to this email , i wrote saying yea hah type of thing then found the comp and saw the winners name ... then decided to investigate :P .. well looks like my dry spell is still a dry spell lol , hate the up then straight back down though !!
    my name is Kit and im addicted to competitions , the what if is my driving force !!

• One-Eye
    • By One-Eye 10th Oct 16, 6:55 PM
    • 34,741 Posts
    • 5,609,518 Thanks
    One-Eye
    Everyone who entered (and "won") September's prize draw is entered automatically into two October draws - each for £500 worth of fragrances.

• laurxa
    • By laurxa 17th Oct 16, 9:41 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 2,443 Thanks
    laurxa
    Won 2 weeks ago
    Hi , I won the competition from beauty base , received an email from them congratulating me of winning it. I sent them and email back saying thank you and asking if they have my details or should i forward them my address.. I didn't receive a reply. It was 2 weeks ago when I received the email but the prize has not arrived..
    Does anybody know whether I should wait for a little more or contact them instead ?

Also it says on their web page a completely different name under the prize I should've won..
    • ebc
    • By ebc 17th Oct 16, 9:55 PM
    • 40 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    ebc
    Sorry to disappoint you but beautybase mistakenly sent out a message to all comp entrants (me included!) saying that they had won.

You probably also had a later message from them saying ...we're sorry... but for some people that message went into spam folders.

Better luck next time!
    • mjm3346
    • By mjm3346 17th Oct 16, 10:30 PM
    • 31,039 Posts
    • 182,380 Thanks
    mjm3346
    One of several threads

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5535679

(If it had been a real win then unless a company says otherwise delivery of a prize should be within 30 days)
    Last edited by mjm3346; 17-10-2016 at 10:32 PM.
    • laurxa
    • By laurxa 17th Oct 16, 11:39 PM
    • 50 Posts
    • 2,443 Thanks
    laurxa
    Oh booo , was really excited to have won over ages .. ;/
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,733Posts Today

6,342Users online

Martin's Twitter