Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • lionsl2005
    • By lionsl2005 3rd Oct 16, 10:54 PM
    • 4Posts
    • 0Thanks
    lionsl2005
    Please Help - Insurance advice - NCD letter
    • 3rd Oct 16, 10:54 PM
    Please Help - Insurance advice - NCD letter 3rd Oct 16 at 10:54 PM
    I was with Octagon Insurance, Last month on a Friday Evening my car was gone missing. i have reported to the police as my car was missing they advise me to inform my insurer too. So i rang them and informed my car was missing and i am assuming this might be stolen. so i told them this is just an information and i ma not making a claim. Monday I have found out my car was towed away by DVLA for ( no Road Tax) same day i got my car back and informed the police and insurance i got my car back from DVLA, So this was not stolen, They told dont worry this is just an information no need to do anything. end of my insurance renewal was high , i called them and asked why my insurance is high? Renewal department said their is a pending claim on my account, i have explained them i didnt claim and my car was not stolen. they passed me to claim team where they said they have closed the case. cut the story short i didnt renew and went with Esure. ( i called them before buying and explain the situation) they said its ok. Now Octagon emailed me the NCD letter for 8 Years but they have included this working.

Claims on this policy

Date Type Description Amount At Fault Driver

05/08/2016 Theft No other Vehicle 0 No Blame Proposer

I am concerned Esure might take this wrongly. Could i call octagon and demand me to send a NCD letter without this Claim information, which never happened.
Page 1
    • csgohan4
    • By csgohan4 4th Oct 16, 8:31 AM
    • 2,518 Posts
    • 1,563 Thanks
    csgohan4
    • 4th Oct 16, 8:31 AM
    • 4th Oct 16, 8:31 AM
    Have you tried calling Octagon? only they will know if they will remove it

Perhaps a reminder in your diary for Roadtax next year as some of us do, as well as for MOT, service and insurance
    • Quentin
    • By Quentin 4th Oct 16, 9:44 AM
    • 30,239 Posts
    • 14,325 Thanks
    Quentin
    • 4th Oct 16, 9:44 AM
    • 4th Oct 16, 9:44 AM
    ......I am concerned Esure might take this wrongly. Could i call octagon and demand me to send a NCD letter without this Claim information, which never happened.
    Originally posted by lionsl2005
    Esure will take it as it has been written!

You also need to ensure that anything Octagon have put on the insurers shared database (CUE) regarding this "theft" is corrected!
    • jobdone1
    • By jobdone1 4th Oct 16, 11:12 AM
    • 637 Posts
    • 505 Thanks
    jobdone1
    • 4th Oct 16, 11:12 AM
    • 4th Oct 16, 11:12 AM
    Octagon are a !!!! take I would never insure with them
    • lionsl2005
    • By lionsl2005 15th Oct 16, 11:26 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    lionsl2005
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:26 PM
    • 15th Oct 16, 11:26 PM
    I have spoken to Octagon, they refused to removed it, but they insists anything we report will be on the database as non fault, this how they insurers record things, I remember talking to Esure before buying the insurance and thy said its should be ok.

I have emailed the NCD letter to Esure and they accepted without making any fuss.

good days. thanks Everyone.
    • Mr Poves
    • By Mr Poves 16th Oct 16, 8:22 PM
    • 211 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    Mr Poves
    • 16th Oct 16, 8:22 PM
    • 16th Oct 16, 8:22 PM
    I would never use octagon again , threatened to cancel my policy on me because I cancelled the direct debit even though the policy had been paid in full , never again , awful company , glad you got sorted by the way .
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

412Posts Today

2,652Users online

Martin's Twitter