Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • colinw
    • By colinw 3rd Oct 16, 7:43 PM
    • 46,394Posts
    • 127,032Thanks
    colinw
    Space Station sightings all done for now :(
    • 3rd Oct 16, 7:43 PM
    Space Station sightings all done for now :( 3rd Oct 16 at 7:43 PM
    The current batch are all done but it will be back November 1st!
    Last edited by colinw; 24-10-2016 at 12:14 PM.
Page 4
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Oct 16, 10:49 AM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    It should be very good tonight!

All you need to do is go outside. Face the South and look up at an angle of about 45 degrees, that is half way between the horizon and directly overhead. Do this around 7:20pm. You will see a slow moving bright white light travel across the sky from a South West direction to an Easterly direction. It should take about 3 minutes to cross the sky

7:20pm tonight!!!!!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 13th Oct 16, 7:07 PM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    Bumpity bump

7:20pm
    • Brexit
    • By Brexit 13th Oct 16, 7:21 PM
    • 36 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    Brexit
    Thanks, but too cloudy here .....
    • Nomoonatall
    • By Nomoonatall 13th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 2,864 Thanks
    Nomoonatall
    Orionids next week! Exciting times!
    • colinw
    • By colinw 14th Oct 16, 9:11 AM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    Orionids next week! Exciting times!
    Originally posted by Nomoonatall
    Whoop!

I am having a Orionids party next week hence where everyone comes as their favourite consellation. I am going as Norma

• colinw
    • By colinw 15th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    Just a quickie!!! 7:10pm tonight!!!!!

Not many left of this batch
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 16, 4:43 PM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    Update for tonight

All you need to do is go outside. Face the South and look up at an angle of about 45 degrees, that is half way between the horizon and directly overhead. Do this around 7:56pm. You will see a slow moving bright white light travel across the sky from a South West direction to an Easterly direction. It should take about 3 minutes to cross the sky

7:56pm tonight!!!!!
    • Nomoonatall
    • By Nomoonatall 16th Oct 16, 4:47 PM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 2,864 Thanks
    Nomoonatall
    Update for tonight

All you need to do is go outside. Face the South and look up at an angle of about 45 degrees, that is half way between the horizon and directly overhead. Do this around 7:56pm. You will see a slow moving bright white light travel across the sky from a South West direction to an Easterly direction. It should take about 3 minutes to cross the sky

Originally posted by colinw
    Pah. You try and go outside when you've turned into a weeble. I'll await the incredible photos that you take of the great events.

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic, I'll just have a look at Stellarium! x
    • Peter333
    • By Peter333 16th Oct 16, 4:47 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 5,405 Thanks
    Peter333
    Update for tonight

Thanks Colin.
    As of 25th October 2016, I am not participating in this site. Until MSE sorts out the issue with insidious trouble-makers, it's no longer a place I wish to be. I can't be bothered with the constant battle with trolls.

MSE is not a nice place to be at the moment, and hasn't been for a while now. So I'm outta here for the foreseeable future.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 16th Oct 16, 4:50 PM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    Pah. You try and go outside when you've turned into a weeble. I'll await the incredible photos that you take of the great events.

Yeah, I'm being sarcastic, I'll just have a look at Stellarium! x
    Yeah but......

Thanks Colin.
    Originally posted by Peter333
    No problem Peter
    • fussypensioner
    • By fussypensioner 16th Oct 16, 8:20 PM
    • 2,020 Posts
    • 4,341 Thanks
    fussypensioner
    Saw it! it was cloudy and spitting with rain but then suddenly the clouds parted and there it was.

Thanks Colin, it makes you think outside of our little world.
    Holding back the years...

• Peter333
    • By Peter333 17th Oct 16, 1:36 AM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 5,405 Thanks
    Peter333
    Saw it.
    As of 25th October 2016, I am not participating in this site. Until MSE sorts out the issue with insidious trouble-makers, it's no longer a place I wish to be. I can't be bothered with the constant battle with trolls.

MSE is not a nice place to be at the moment, and hasn't been for a while now. So I'm outta here for the foreseeable future.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 16, 9:21 AM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    Saw it! it was cloudy and spitting with rain but then suddenly the clouds parted and there it was.

Thanks Colin, it makes you think outside of our little world.
    Originally posted by fussypensioner
    Saw it.
    Originally posted by Peter333
    Glad you managed to see it...I missed it despite it being clear as the alarm did not go off on my ipad!
    • Nomoonatall
    • By Nomoonatall 17th Oct 16, 2:37 PM
    • 1,132 Posts
    • 2,864 Thanks
    Nomoonatall
    I did notice the very bright Hunters Moon...lovely!

It's the Orionid Meteor Showers on the 20th...you might be able to spot them anytime from tonight until next week.
    • fussypensioner
    • By fussypensioner 17th Oct 16, 3:43 PM
    • 2,020 Posts
    • 4,341 Thanks
    fussypensioner
    Glad you managed to see it...I missed it despite it being clear as the alarm did not go off on my ipad!
    It was much lower in the sky than I thought it would be. I can see it again this evening at 7:04pm. I get a good view in the New Forest on the common, big wide sky.
    Holding back the years...

• colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 16, 4:05 PM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    I did notice the very bright Hunters Moon...lovely!

It's the Orionid Meteor Showers on the 20th...you might be able to spot them anytime from tonight until next week.
    The Moon was nice last night and this morning

It was much lower in the sky than I thought it would be. I can see it again this evening at 7:04pm. I get a good view in the New Forest on the common, big wide sky.
    Originally posted by fussypensioner
    I think it is getting near the end of this batch of sightings and always seems to be lower before it disappeares for a while.
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 16, 4:07 PM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    Update for Monday

All you need to do is go outside. Face the South and look up at an angle of about 22 degrees. Do this around 7:04pm. You will see a slow moving bright white light travel across the sky from a South West direction to an Easterly direction. It should take about 3 minutes to cross the sky
    • colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 16, 7:00 PM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    4 minutes time!!!!! It's clear here
    • Peter333
    • By Peter333 17th Oct 16, 7:09 PM
    • 1,720 Posts
    • 5,405 Thanks
    Peter333
    Got a good view tonight.

I saw it right up to when it crossed over Barcelona.

• colinw
    • By colinw 17th Oct 16, 8:27 PM
    • 46,394 Posts
    • 127,032 Thanks
    colinw
    I managed to see if though not very bright here.

This is a picture of the Moon I just took....

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,214Posts Today

5,643Users online

Martin's Twitter