Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• dentsp
    • By dentsp 3rd Oct 16, 6:08 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 1Thanks
    Faulty Caravan - Refund refused
    • 3rd Oct 16, 6:08 PM
    Faulty Caravan - Refund refused 3rd Oct 16 at 6:08 PM
    Hi there,

Looking for some advice on consumer rights if possible. We purchased a second hand wheelchair accessible caravan from a company in August and have had multiple faults with it since then. We've only been able to use it on three occasions since and have had major faults with it every time.

They have repaired the issues each time but more and more faults keep happening to the point we no longer have any confidence left in it.

We have requested a refund but have been refused on the grounds it was sold as seen but I was under the impression businesses can't use that 'phrase'.

Does anyone know if we have any rights to claim a refund?

Many thanks, Steve
    Last edited by dentsp; 03-10-2016 at 8:08 PM.
Page 2
    • bryanb
    • By bryanb 10th Oct 16, 5:01 PM
    • 4,796 Posts
    • 3,501 Thanks
    How does something being wheelchair accessible have any bearing on whether its a mechanically propelled vehicle or not?

You need to read the second part - so it can only be used by 1 person!
    Originally posted by unholyangel
    Sorry, missed that it's a & b.

No idea how w/c accessible affects whether it is or not, I just looked at the quoted rules
    This is an open forum, anyone can post and I just did !
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,146Posts Today

6,619Users online

Martin's Twitter