Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • annbarbs
    • By annbarbs 3rd Oct 16, 5:28 PM
    • 256Posts
    • 120Thanks
    annbarbs
    My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help.
    • 3rd Oct 16, 5:28 PM
    My Sisters Bank Won't Let her release My Inheritance To Me-Please Help. 3rd Oct 16 at 5:28 PM
    The title says it all.
    I was meant to receive my money 2 weeks ago but now it has all gone horrible wrong and I have not got my money and now it seems there is no way I can get it.

Not because my sisters does not want to send it to me but because my sisters bank refused to let her do the payment.

Here is the story-

Just to recap-
    As some of you may know from my last threads here-
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5495130

My mother died last November 2015 and has left me and my 2 other sisters both her house and some money in her will.
    So my sisters and I each inheritance a third of the money from the house sale plus £25,00.

My 2 sisters are both executors of my mothers will and both the money from the house sale and the rest of my mothers money she left us was paid into the executors account.
    Which is a joint account in both my sisters names.
    So from what I understand my sisters are the ones who pay me the money since they are both executors but I am not. I am only a beneficiary.

So I do not have the right to sell the house or handle the distribution of funds, only my sister can do that.
    So my sisters are supposed to send my third share to me as is the terms of mum's will.

Well 2 weeks ago one of my sisters I will call Sister A phoned me to tell me my mothers house has been sold and that the money was ready to be paid out to me along with the other money 25k which I also inherit.

So I gave my sister my bank details so that she could pay the money direct into my bank account.
    Which I am happy to do because I would rather my inheritance was paid directly to me instead of my Solicitor, then when I get it I will pay my Solicitor.

But now it has all gone wrong and I have not got my money.
    Because when my sister went to her bank the next morning(2 weeks ago) to try to send me the money by a CHAPS payment, her bank told her they will not let her do the payment unless my other sister can come with her to the bank in person.

And the problem is that my other sister cannot go with my sister to the bank because she has had a mental breakdown and is being held in a psychiatric hospital under a Section of the mental Health Act and is too ill to do it.

Sister A who is single and was living in the house is the one who is trying to pay me my money.

My other Sister Sister B is the married sisters and is the one who is currently being held in a psychiatric hospital under Section.
    And I have had telephone conversations with Sister A and she says that the mental Health crisis team say that my other sister is in not fit sate to sign anything at the bank and lacks the mental compacity to do so.

The money from my mother will and sale of the house is being held in the executors account and it seems my sister is wiling to pay me my full share of my inheritance.

But her bank which is Barclays bank, won't let her do it without my other sister being with her in person at the bank because the executors account is a joint account in both my sisters names.

And even though my sister told her bank the situation her bank won't budge.
    The bank won't let my sister send any money to me unless my other sister can also come to the bank in person to sign or do the translation.
    And Barclays bank refuse to relent on this.

So now my situation is this, my inheritance is stuck in the executors account and there is NO WAY I can access it.

Not because my sister won't pay me but because my sister bank won't let my sister release the money to me without my other sister being present with my sister at the bank in person.
    Because the executors account is a joint account in both my sisters names.

My sister wants to pay me the money but my bank won't let her make the payment to me without the other sister being there with her at the bank.

But because my other sister is in hospital and is not well enough to go to the bank with my other sister or sign for anything.
    It seems there is no way I can get my inheritance unless My sisters bank relents which they won't.

And if my sister is in hospital for months and months which she could be.Or is so ill that she ever gets better,
    Then how the hell am I going to get my Inheritance?

Since my sisters bank told my sister they won't let her make any payments to me unless my other sisters can also came to the bank to sign?

But mum left me that money in her will and I have the will to prove it.
    So it's my money my sisters bank are holding that they won't release to me.
    Which is £118k, and the bank won't let my well sister send me the money because of some stupid RED Tape.

So what the hell do I do now since my Solicitor has not said much about this?
    And if my other sister never gets better then how do I get my money??

What legal action can I take to get my sisters bank to release my inheritance to me,since they won't even let my sister send the payment to me?
Page 9
    • Anthear
    • By Anthear 15th Oct 16, 6:45 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Anthear
    Ann - I COMPLETELY understand how frustrated you are. I am in a similar position, although I have had some money through and my mother died just over 2 years ago!!!

You say 'It's just not good enough' - sadly this is the way it is AT THE MOMENT. It will not be like this forever. At the moment you need to wait. There is nothing to be done. I know this keeps you in the same place, but you are no worse off than before.

Regarding what you say about getting some support for your mental health issues - when you were last assessed they said you didn't meet their criteria. That was before this stressful life event. If you were assessed now, the situation may be different. Please go and register with a GP and ask for some support.

I know that people here have been giving you advice, but I can see the same worries coming up again and again.

Your solicitor cannot help you at the moment because, as you say yourself, your sister has just gone into hospital. It could be that she recovers quickly and can then go to the bank with your other sister. It is too soon to tell.

Please be patient and get yourself some help.

One thing to be aware of - Solicitors charge around £250 an hour for the work they do and they charge a minimum of 6 minutes to do anything. So a 2 min email will be charged at the same cost - ie £25 + VAT - ie £30 as if they spent 6 minutes doing something. Your email to him will have been charged at £30 and his response to you at a minimum of £30, so a total of £60 in all probability. Just think about what kind of bill you will end up with. Calling him is more cost effective, but keep it brief!
    • annbarbs
    • By annbarbs 16th Oct 16, 12:30 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    annbarbs
    Annbarbs

Please don't get worked up again regarding the inheritance - you're now aware that neither sister has received any inheritance.

with regards GPs surgeries Elsien's idea is an excellent one after all what doesn't suit one person other may prefer.
    Originally posted by gettingtheresometime
    But I don't know that, do I.
    My sister says she and my other sister have not got their inheritance yet.
    But how do I know she is telling the truth?
    She and my other sister could have taken their share of the money first before my sister got ill.
    We don't know for sure and I don't know if there is any way we can find out

My Solicitor and I only have my sisters word that she didn't
    We were not there when the house was sold so we don't know if or not my sisters did take their share first.

As for the GP's I think I should visit the surgeries I want to register with and talk to the receptionist first.

That way I will get an idea what they are like and if the staff seem rude then I won't register at that particular surgery.

But now I have got another problem.
    The outside roof outside my bedroom windows is leaking again and my HA only fixed it 2 months ago.

See my last thread post 37:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5495130&page=2

So now every time it rains the rain is pouring down on top of my Gas Meter box which is outside my bedroom windows.
    I have had this problem twice before and each time I have had to make a formal complaint to my HA because the repairs team made me wait months before they would fix it.

This time when I complained they did fix it after 2 months but now the outside roof is leaking again when it rains and the repair was only done 2 months ago.

So they did not do the repair properly as it should not be leaking again after only 2 months after what the workman did.

So now I have got to go through the hassle of reporting the repair again then waiting for my HA to do it and they make you wait a long time.

If the rain is pouring onto my Gas Meter box outside then it could put my Gas out.

I am worried about this and it was running onto my Gas Meter Box before but the HA still would not fix it right away. They made me wait a long time which is not right.

And I cannot talk to my sister because she won't speak to me on the phone.
    And I have not got my inheritance and I should have done as the house is now sold.

I think if the situation with my ill sister does not change after a month.
    Then I should contact my Solicitor again and if he won't help.
    Then I should at least seek legal advice from another Solicitor because I have not got my money.
    And now I am worried about the real possibility that I might not get my inheritance and I don't know what to do.

I am not happy living here but cannot move because I am on benefits and I cannot afford the deposit for a private flat as I want to move to.

As you can see from my other threads and from what I told you here it is not so good for me here.

If I don't get my inheritance it will cause me a lot of hardship.
    Because I will have to stay here and be stuck here with a HA that does not maintain the property as they should.
    And no support from the MH services.
    My CMHT won't take me back, I know from past experiences when my old GP refereed me back to them again last year.
    They would not even see me.

Now it has all gone wrong and I now face the possibility that I might have to wait a long time for my inheritance or even not get it at all.

And I don't know what to do.
    I almost feel like giving up hoping and accepting that I will have to stay here and on benefits for the rest of my life.
    But I don't want to do that and I don't want that to happen.
    Last edited by annbarbs; 16-10-2016 at 12:33 PM.
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 16th Oct 16, 1:53 PM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 23,431 Thanks
    thorsoak
    How is your sister who is in hospital - do you know? Do you care?

In your shoes, my prime concern would be how my sister is coping with hospital, is she getting better, not when I will get what my mother had bequeathed to me. I would trust my sisters and my solicitor more.
    • Caroline_a
    • By Caroline_a 16th Oct 16, 1:58 PM
    • 3,677 Posts
    • 10,121 Thanks
    Caroline_a
    Hello Barbara. Let me take your last post step by step.

There is no reason to disbelieve your sisters - they would be in trouble for fraud if they have taken your inheritance, so I doubt that has happened. You have to remember (if I have this correctly) that one sister is in hospital due to her mental state and the other sister has had to move out of her family home - they must both be quite traumatised by all this, and keeping on at them for your money will only add to their stress.

As we have all said all along, just be patient!

If you discharge your current solicitor and employ another one you will have to pay the bill for your solicitor - this could come into thousands of pounds already, it will certainly be hundreds.

Regarding the leak. Outside meters both gas and electric are constructed to withstand extreme weather, your gas will not go out. Just report it to the housing authority and ask for a timescale when it will be fixed. If it isn't fixed within this time, go back to them.

Your immediate concern should be this - which is just a quick phonecall, and finding a new GP. Have you thought what would happen if, say, you got physically ill and needed (for example) antibiotics? You would have nowhere to go. So this has to be a priority for you, as many people have said.

Here's a question for you - what do you do with your spare time? Do you have hobbies, or clubs or societies you belong to? I suspect not, which is why all these things that you can do little about like your inheritance are so prevalent in your mind. Maybe now is the time to look for such hobbies and interests?
    • Anthear
    • By Anthear 16th Oct 16, 3:31 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Anthear
    Annbarbs - trust me - ALL properties get the odd maintenance problem - whether they are privately rented, owned or HA! I am sure there are plenty of private tenants who have had issues with private landlords simply taking the money and doing NO repairs. So at least you have a process to go through to report the problem.

You WILL get your inheritance. You just have to wait. I have had to wait for mine and my mother died over TWO YEARS ago. Sometimes things take longer than anticipated and things take as long as they take. It is REALLY frustrating. I get that. It is for me too. There is lots of unfairness in the world.

You don't know if your sisters have their inheritance. If they do you can't do anything about it, so why fret and worry.

PLEASE register with a GP and ask to the referred to the CMHT. Last time you didn't meet their threshold for treatment. You MAY now. No one will know unless they see you, so ask to be seen urgently.

Please do this as a priority - maybe tomorrow? Go and see the surgeries and make your decision.

You are no worse off now than you were before your mother died. You still have somewhere to live.

You are going around in circles which is a sign that you need help. Please help yourself by seeing a Doctor this week and asking for a referral to the CMHT.
    • Newly retired
    • By Newly retired 16th Oct 16, 10:10 PM
    • 2,219 Posts
    • 2,489 Thanks
    Newly retired
    When (when, not if) you get your inheritance, it will first have to be used to pay your solicitor's bill. You will not get as much as you hope.
    You cannot blame the bank for that.
    You cannot blame your sisters for that.
    You are reducing the amount you will get by contacting your solicitor. Every phone call, letter or e-mail he writes is reducing your inheritance.
    Do not even think about employing another one or you could end up with almost nothing.
    And then how would you feel?
    • -taff
    • By -taff 17th Oct 16, 7:28 AM
    • 6,458 Posts
    • 3,731 Thanks
    -taff
    go and sign on with a gp
    • annbarbs
    • By annbarbs 17th Oct 16, 1:57 PM
    • 256 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    annbarbs
    Annbarbs - trust me - ALL properties get the odd maintenance problem - whether they are privately rented, owned or HA! I am sure there are plenty of private tenants who have had issues with private landlords simply taking the money and doing NO repairs. So at least you have a process to go through to report the problem.

You WILL get your inheritance. You just have to wait. I have had to wait for mine and my mother died over TWO YEARS ago. Sometimes things take longer than anticipated and things take as long as they take. It is REALLY frustrating. I get that. It is for me too. There is lots of unfairness in the world.

You don't know if your sisters have their inheritance. If they do you can't do anything about it, so why fret and worry.

PLEASE register with a GP and ask to the referred to the CMHT. Last time you didn't meet their threshold for treatment. You MAY now. No one will know unless they see you, so ask to be seen urgently.

Please do this as a priority - maybe tomorrow? Go and see the surgeries and make your decision.

You are no worse off now than you were before your mother died. You still have somewhere to live.

You are going around in circles which is a sign that you need help. Please help yourself by seeing a Doctor this week and asking for a referral to the CMHT.
    Originally posted by Anthear
    I know that some of the members here are trying to talk me out of moving.
    But I have given it careful thought and have made up my mind.
    That when I get my inheritance I will move up North and make a new life for myself.

I would do it now if I could but I can't because I don't have the money and cannot afford to move now because I don't have the funds.
    But when I get my money I will have.
    I don't want to stay here with the HA or in this area for the rest of my life and I won't.

When my money comes I will start looking for another place to live up North.
    And when I get out of here, I am never going back to the Council or HA if I can help it.
    I have made my decision at that is that.

My solicitor has given me an estimate of the bill which is between £2000 and £3000.
    But he would not tell me what it is now but he said I have not gone over the limit and rung up what you said I have.

No I am no worse off than I was before my mother died but I am still no better off either.

You don't know my CMHT but I do.
    They won't take me back.
    My old GP tried twice last year but my CMHT still would not give me a keyworker.
    That's also one of the reason why I am moving.

maybe another area health trust will be different.
    And I like it up North better than here in London.
    So when I get my money I plan to use it to move.
    I think that I should also think about buying a place up North instead of renting.

I have seen places for 50k or 70k up North.
    It's true it will cost me half of my inheritance,
    But I will still have 60k and I won't be paying any rent.
    So the money could last just as long as it would if I was paying rent.

Then when it runs out I can go back on benefits again.
    But I will have a flat that is mine that I own.
    Then if I am hard up I could always see it and keep the capital.
    Though I don't think I would want to do that.

But as I want to move, I think buying a place is a better option than renting as then I would not have to worry about becoming homeless again in the future.
    I would have a home that is mine.
    I would not have to deal with any of these issues that I am facing now anymore.
    And I will be running my own ship as they say.

Using my inheritance to buy a place is a better option.
    But I will need to ask the DWP if that is or not a deprivation of capital.
    If the DWP say it is then I will just have to rent instead.
    But I must find that out because I don't want to do something that may disqualify me from claiming benefits again in the future.
    As my money won't last forever as we know.
    • fairy lights
    • By fairy lights 17th Oct 16, 2:12 PM
    • 6,424 Posts
    • 20,486 Thanks
    fairy lights
    I
    I have seen places for 50k or 70k up North.
    It's true it will cost me half of my inheritance,
    But I will still have 60k and I won't be paying any rent.
    So the money could last just as long as it would if I was paying rent.
    Originally posted by annbarbs
    Where abouts up North did you have in mind? Is there a particular town or city you have spent time in and would like to move to?
    Bear in mind that if you decide to buy a property you will also have surveys and legal fees to pay for, as well as moving costs, and if you buy a flat you will likely have management fees to pay as well. All of these things will eat in to your inheritance.
    And what would you do if expensive repairs are needed after the money is all gone?
    I can understand why it's an appealing idea but you've got to think about what you will do when the money is gone.
    • Person_one
    • By Person_one 17th Oct 16, 2:16 PM
    • 26,007 Posts
    • 89,294 Thanks
    Person_one
    Have you been to a new GP yet? If not, go now, today, there's plenty of time left before they close.
    • Caroline_a
    • By Caroline_a 17th Oct 16, 3:24 PM
    • 3,677 Posts
    • 10,121 Thanks
    Caroline_a
    You seem set on this move up north into a house or flat you buy yourself. Personally I can see this being a disaster. I own an old house and have pretty much kept up with it over the years (it was my dad's before mine), but even so it cost me best part of £10k this year for general upkeep, guttering, roof repairs, etc. For £50 - £70k you will struggle to get anything that's been modernised, so there may be many running repairs that you will have to deal with - and no Housing Association or Council to fall back on to help you.

Be that as it may, it is your choice, we can only offer help and guidance. You say
    I would not have to deal with any of these issues that I am facing now anymore.
    but you would, and it would in all probability be much more difficult. You would have to organise all your own repairs, and find reliable tradesmen to do it - and believe me there are a lot of rogue builders etc out there!! Additionally you would have to find the money to be able to pay them - you would get no help at all, even if you were back on benefits.

I hope I'm wrong, I hope that you find something suitable. But I'm not optimistic.
    • iammumtoone
    • By iammumtoone 17th Oct 16, 4:03 PM
    • 3,830 Posts
    • 7,284 Thanks
    iammumtoone
    private rental or owning your own property is not what you think it will be.

With the HA you can ring them and complain/hassle them as much as you want, it will not effect your right to live in the house. If you move into private rental you can be asked to move out with 2 months notice without a reason given, you may find if you complain too much or ring the landlord/letting agents about too many things this will result in you having to find somewhere else to live.

Regards owing your own home how will you pay if your boiler breaks and you have no hot water, it will be your responsibly to pay to get it resolved. Dealing with tradesmen is not easy, it can be hard to even find someone to come out to quote for a job and again if you keep ringing and asking them, they will not deal with you, they don't have to, unlike a HA who has to sort out your issues or at least listen to what they are.

There may well be houses/flat for sale for 50K but for that money they will not be in very nice areas, you may find yourself living on a rough estate with all the problems associated with that.
    • Anthear
    • By Anthear 17th Oct 16, 6:33 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 102 Thanks
    Anthear
    Hi Annbarbs - how did you get on registering with a GP today?

True - we don't know your CMHT - but what I do know is that over time people's mental health changes. You had assessment last year, but things have changed since then. You are going around in circles and appear very vulnerable. Please ask to be assessed again.

You seem to think that a different CMHT will offer you more support - that may or may not be true, but they will not have any information about the past support you received which might help with your treatment.

I have had a look at properties 'Up North' - Liverpool - there are some pretty grim looking properties out there for between £50 and £70k. Much of the cheaper ones are part own/part rent - which is why they are so cheap.

If you are hell bent on buying, I would look at new build to reduce the level of risk to you. You need to think about on-going costs - how would you go about fixing a leaking roof, broken boiler, leaking bathroom?? There would be no HA to call. It would be down to you to fix.

If you buy and then your inheritance runs out, if your property requires maintenance, how are you going to pay for that?
    • gettingtheresometime
    • By gettingtheresometime 17th Oct 16, 9:58 PM
    • 1,715 Posts
    • 3,613 Thanks
    gettingtheresometime
    Hi Annbarbs

As I have no personal knowledge of you then I can't say with 100% certainty that this proposed move would be bad for you but let me tell you of a situation that I do know of as to why I think you'd be better off at leat visiting the areas before you commit yourself to anything.

A work colleague bought a house near me. Now I love the area I live in, have been in my home for 20 years. However this colleague was a party animal, enjoyed going to clubs etc and all his friends lived a good 20 miles from his new home. He spent a fortune on cabs every weekend and eventually sold his house to move nearer to his social circle

What I'm trying to say is that unless you know an area is going to suit you (and I'm using the general you here) it seems a dangerous move to up sticks on the off chance it will. Visit your proposed new area, do the research and then make an informed decision
    Lloyds OD / Natwest OD / PO CC cleared thanks to the 1 debt v 100 day challenge
    • annbarbs
    • By annbarbs 18th Oct 16, 3:23 AM
    • 256 Posts
    • 120 Thanks
    annbarbs
    Where abouts up North did you have in mind? Is there a particular town or city you have spent time in and would like to move to?
    Bear in mind that if you decide to buy a property you will also have surveys and legal fees to pay for, as well as moving costs, and if you buy a flat you will likely have management fees to pay as well. All of these things will eat in to your inheritance.
    And what would you do if expensive repairs are needed after the money is all gone?
    I can understand why it's an appealing idea but you've got to think about what you will do when the money is gone.
    Originally posted by fairy lights
    I want to move to Liverpool.
    I know it very well and have visited it quite regular. But not this year as I am trying to save money, but I know it very well.

The area I have in mind are, Southport, Birkenheard,Waterloo, Bootler or maybe West Kirby.
    Not right in the Center of the city as most homes are not.
    Same as most people don't live in the center of London.
    They live in one of the inner or outer London districts.

The best thing is to get either a flat with my own front door that leads out into the street or maybe a small 2 bedroom house that is also a possibility.
    Not here in London of course but it is in Liverpool as there are such places I could buy upfront for £60,000 or £80,000.

But the drawback is that would cost me most of my inheritace, so I would have to go back on benefits again after a few years.
    But I will have the flat or house that would own.
    And in 10 years time the value of the property will increase so if I am hard up I could sell it and keep the capital for myself.

Yes I have thought a lot about what is going to happen to me when my inheritance runs out.

If I stay here I will be all alone with no support from the CMHT and maybe a GP that is no good.

But if I move that could be different I might have more support.

Once I get my inheritance this will make me an independent person because I won't have to depend on the DWP for benefits and will have more choices to do the things I want to with my life, in my case move up North.

But unfortunately the money my mum has left me won't be enough to last me a lifetime.
    If I was able to work it would be different because at least I would be earning money and have money coming in so my savings would not run out.

But I cannot work and so I will have to live off of my savings.
    And they are going to run out after about 10 years or so.
    Sooner if I stay here in London which is one of the reasons I want to move up North.

But either way,whether I stay here and pay the £608 a month rent or move up North where rents are cheaper at around £375 a month, my inheritance will eventually run out.
    And when it does I will have to go back on benefits again.

That's what is worrying me about all of this.
    Yes my inheritance will give me Independence and make me independent.
    But that money will only last me for 10 years then I will be back where I am now on benefits again.
    So is this inheritance really a gift or a curse?

If I had been an only child I would have inherited the whole of my mothers estate around £285,000 and that would have lasted me 30 years.And I might never have had to go back on benefits again.

But I am not an only child, there are 2 other sisters and so we each only inherit a third which is not enough to last that long if you have to live on it as I will have to.
    Unless you can work which I cannot.
    • Yorkshireman99
    • By Yorkshireman99 18th Oct 16, 6:30 AM
    • 1,586 Posts
    • 1,347 Thanks
    Yorkshireman99
    What is stopping you working?
    • thorsoak
    • By thorsoak 18th Oct 16, 7:31 AM
    • 5,179 Posts
    • 23,431 Thanks
    thorsoak
    And again I ask - how is your sister?
    • Person_one
    • By Person_one 18th Oct 16, 8:53 AM
    • 26,007 Posts
    • 89,294 Thanks
    Person_one
    What is stopping you working?
    Originally posted by Yorkshireman99
    You really have to ask?

OP, did you go to the GP yesterday? Several people have asked you about that.
    • Robin9
    • By Robin9 18th Oct 16, 9:04 AM
    • 1,083 Posts
    • 653 Thanks
    Robin9
    In many ways Annbarbs I do admire you - despite your MH problems you are trying to find a better future for yourself. It is to your credit that you do not want to live on benefits. Your inheritance will not however offer you a long-term solution regards your housing.

I and many others on this forum are concerned. You are obsessed with the "grass is greener over the hill" theory - we think you may well be "jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire".

My wife has had MH issues for many years and I have seen her go through many ups and downs. I have seen her struggle with GP's - she had one who was sympathetic but she moved away. It is our experience that the NHS does not know how to handle MH - it took months for her to see a psychiatrist and then it was a case of "here's 3 months CBT thats all we can do" A series of private counsellors followed but there remains a deeply routed issue.

Without my support I don't know how she would cope - and you seem to be very much alone - you have not spoken of any friends or other family. You have so much time by yourself that you over-think the situation and you do not seem to trust anyone.

Do please, please get yourself a GP - any GP so you can get help.

And please, please do keep in contact with your sisters - email the one send a Get Well card to the other.
    • Caroline_a
    • By Caroline_a 18th Oct 16, 9:09 AM
    • 3,677 Posts
    • 10,121 Thanks
    Caroline_a
    OP you have ignored many of the questions that people ask.

Did you register with a GP? Your reluctance to do so leads me to think that you have no physical problems and as you say you have been assessed by your CMHT as not requiring their help, perhaps it might be time for a whole new change in your life. You say you cannot work - why do you think you can't? Have you ever worked?

Maybe you could start with some volunteer work - just a few hours a week? It would get you out, enable you to meet new people, and might open a whole new perspective for you. If you hate it after a few weeks then you still haven't lost anything.

My concern is that you don't appear to have any hobbies or interests (another question you didn't answer), and no apparent social life either (or at least none that you have shared). Sitting in on your own all day and every day isn't good for anyone - and not healthy either.

Perhaps, as I said, time to make a big change that won't involve money, inheritance or legal fees!
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

718Posts Today

4,252Users online

Martin's Twitter