Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • keli2125
    • By keli2125 3rd Oct 16, 2:11 PM
    • 82Posts
    • 127Thanks
    keli2125
    Non Delivery - Advice Needed
    • 3rd Oct 16, 2:11 PM
    Non Delivery - Advice Needed 3rd Oct 16 at 2:11 PM
    Hi there, hoping someone here might be able to help me!

A few weeks ago i ordered some carpet and paid a supplement for a Saturday delivery. On the Friday i received an email confirming my order had been dispatched, which in the delivery section says "Delivery Method - Saturday Express Delivery (Soonest 17th Sept)."

Later that day i received a text message from the delivery company confirming my order was due for delivery on the Monday, not the Saturday. Straight away i called the company i ordered from, who told me it was too late in the day for them to call the delivery company, and that it might be an error on the text message. Their advise was for me to sit in and wait on the Saturday, and if it wasn't delivered to call them back on the Monday.

The order wasn't delivered on the Saturday, and as i knew the order was out for delivery on the Monday my husband took the day off work to accept the order. I complained about this to the company, and have asked them to cover the lost wages my husband incurred. They have refused to do this, as although they accept there was an error made, they say their delivery information is for guidance only, not guaranteed.

Can anyone give me some pointers on where I stand on this please?

Many thanks in advance
Page 2
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 10th Oct 16, 3:09 PM
    • 482 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    cono1717
    I received an email with confirmation and the same confirmation was sent in the post - I hope a screenshot of the doc opened from gmail is sufficient?

http://i.imgur.com/QBvbmJI.png
    • fleshandbone
    • By fleshandbone 10th Oct 16, 3:21 PM
    • 445 Posts
    • 201 Thanks
    fleshandbone
    I received an email with confirmation and the same confirmation was sent in the post - I hope a screenshot of the doc opened from gmail is sufficient?

http://i.imgur.com/QBvbmJI.png
    Originally posted by cono1717
    I humbly accept this, as profound proof to my argument and kneel at your feet and praise you for this incredible feat.

You are AWESOME.
    Live and let live, love and not hate, sing and be joyous, respect all mankind and natures gifts
    • cono1717
    • By cono1717 10th Oct 16, 3:23 PM
    • 482 Posts
    • 319 Thanks
    cono1717
    I humbly accept this, as profound proof to my argument and kneel at your feet and praise you for this incredible feat.

You are AWESOME.
    Originally posted by fleshandbone
    Oooh yikes I wouldn't - I've been on them all day. It's just a screenshot but it shows that it's possible with the right facts behind you when you go into these things.
    • Manxman in exile
    • By Manxman in exile 10th Oct 16, 11:34 PM
    • 258 Posts
    • 138 Thanks
    Manxman in exile
    So what does humble pie smell of?
    • ARandomMiser
    • By ARandomMiser 11th Oct 16, 6:02 AM
    • 923 Posts
    • 1,782 Thanks
    ARandomMiser
    Now that is what I call 'owning' another poster in style
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,981Posts Today

7,112Users online

Martin's Twitter