Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • coral81
    • By coral81 3rd Oct 16, 12:31 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    coral81
    yorkshire bank ppi
    • 3rd Oct 16, 12:31 PM
    yorkshire bank ppi 3rd Oct 16 at 12:31 PM
    Hi im new to the forum hopefully I can get some help, I recently wrote to yorkshire bank requesting info if id ever had ppi with them I know ive had cards loans ect from them years ago but not sure if ppi was attached, its been over 3 weeks now and I havnt had a reply it does say on there website to allow 40 days, I'm just wondering on average how long it takes for them to get back to you? as I'm not even sure they have received the letter I sent I'm hoping they have and it just takes time to gather the info I need.
    thank you.
Page 1
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 3rd Oct 16, 12:39 PM
    • 17,237 Posts
    • 7,774 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 3rd Oct 16, 12:39 PM
    • 3rd Oct 16, 12:39 PM
    I recently wrote to yorkshire bank requesting info if id ever had ppi with them.... its been over 3 weeks now
    Originally posted by coral81
    Did you provide any account details? Did you pay £10 for the service? If neither of these, the chances of you getting a positive response are virtually nil. How long ago exactly were these cards and loans?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 3rd Oct 16, 1:37 PM
    • 85,111 Posts
    • 50,130 Thanks
    dunstonh
    • 3rd Oct 16, 1:37 PM
    • 3rd Oct 16, 1:37 PM
    Have they taken the £10 cheque from your bank account yet? That is a good way to know if they have received the letter or not.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from a Financial Adviser local to you.
    • sun73
    • By sun73 3rd Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    sun73
    • 3rd Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    • 3rd Oct 16, 8:33 PM
    If you've written to the PPI information request team it can take up to 40 days for a response. This service is free, however, they can only go back to records from around 2000, so, if your loans and credit cards pre-date that year, you might get a better result spending £10 on a DSAR for a more in depth search.

If you can provide account numbers that will help locate transaction details held in microfiche. There's no harm in telephoning their customer PPI helpline to check if your letter arrived.
    • coral81
    • By coral81 10th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    coral81
    • 10th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    • 10th Oct 16, 2:14 PM
    Hi sun73, thank you for your response can you please clarify on a DSAR ive never heard of this and do I send to Yorkshire bank?
    thank you
    • sun73
    • By sun73 10th Oct 16, 11:38 PM
    • 297 Posts
    • 95 Thanks
    sun73
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:38 PM
    Yorkshire bank ppi
    • 10th Oct 16, 11:38 PM
    Data Subject Access Request, a letter you can send under the Data Protection Act 1998, asking for all information the bank holds about you. There is an example somewhere on this forum. It costs £10, the address is on Yorkshire Bank website. Hope you get a good response.
    • Nasqueron
    • By Nasqueron 11th Oct 16, 11:15 AM
    • 2,967 Posts
    • 1,605 Thanks
    Nasqueron
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:15 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:15 AM
    Worth clarifying coral whether you just wrote and asked them if you had PPI or if you requested a copy of all your files - if the former, you can just ring them or wait for their letter. If the latter they will ask you for £10 normally
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 11th Oct 16, 11:34 AM
    • 17,237 Posts
    • 7,774 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:34 AM
    • 11th Oct 16, 11:34 AM
    can you please clarify on a DSAR ive never heard of this and do I send to Yorkshire bank?
    thank you
    Originally posted by coral81
    From your original post, you appear to have already requested account information from Yorkshire Bank. I wouldn't send another request unless you fail to receive a response to the original. That's why we were asking if you had paid £10 already.

I recently wrote to yorkshire bank requesting info if id ever had ppi with them
    Originally posted by coral81ON OCTOBER 3 2016
    What you really need to do is chase up this original request. A telephone call to them should be able to establish if they are already processing your first enquiry.

Did you provide the account number(s) and/or loan details when you first wrote? Your address (at the time) is essential too.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,356Posts Today

7,054Users online

Martin's Twitter