Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

• Fairplay0111
    • By Fairplay0111 2nd Oct 16, 6:41 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sainsburys advertise store as having parking but it's not free
    • 2nd Oct 16, 6:41 PM
    Sainsburys advertise store as having parking but it's not free 2nd Oct 16 at 6:41 PM
    I am annoyed that I viewed the details of a Sainsburys store on their website and it said the store had "parking". However when I visited the store the only parking was in a municipal car park which made a charge and there was no facility for having the charge refunded in store. I have complained to Sainsburys but they refuse to amend their website. Surely all stores could say they have parking, whether on-street, meter or chargeable car park, but I would assume if the store advertises parking that means it is free to customers. Could I have views, please?
Page 3
    • lammy82
    • By lammy82 11th Oct 16, 7:48 PM
    • 180 Posts
    • 158 Thanks
    Personally I'm with the OP. It wouldn't be quite as bad if Sainsbury's owned the car park and charged shoppers for using it. But supermarkets don't tend to charge their own customers for parking, hence the assumption that a supermarket with a car park would provide free parking.

I don't think it's right for them to advertise that a store has parking if they actually don't, but there just happens to be a car park nearby which is actually nothing to do with them. They should at least call it "Chargeable parking nearby".
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

554Posts Today

5,037Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. On way to @gmb for my 7:40 Deals of the Week; incl clock change warning, free £200, Brit Gas £200 off, railcard code, eurostar sale

• RT @Magwa61: @MartinSLewis thank you Sorry I thought it was you, conning sids ????????????????????????????????????

• No. It's NEVER the right way to switch energy. Please don't confused these 'moneyexpert' sales reps with my site mo?

• Follow Martin