Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • movinghelp
    • By movinghelp 2nd Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    • 244Posts
    • 47Thanks
    movinghelp
    Hacker warning now laptop just displays Lenovo logo on start up
    • 2nd Oct 16, 11:32 AM
    Hacker warning now laptop just displays Lenovo logo on start up 2nd Oct 16 at 11:32 AM
    Hoping someone can help. I have a Lenovo b50-30 model name 80ES. My OH tried to stream something and we got a warning that we were at risk of being hacked.

Never had this before, a woman's voice came out the speakers and in a panic the OH forced a shut down by holding the off button and took out the battery.

Now when you try and turn it on you just get a Lenovo logo and nothing else happens. Anything I can do?
Page 2
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 9th Oct 16, 12:15 PM
    • 9,960 Posts
    • 4,185 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    Press Fn (and whilst holding it down), press F2 as soon as the Lenovo Logo appears on the screen...

You want to get into the BIOS Setup screen. If that doesn't work, try Fn + F1.
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 9th Oct 16, 12:45 PM
    • 9,960 Posts
    • 4,185 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    If that doesn't work, try Shift + F8 key on start up

If that doesn't work, try Shift alone on start up.

If that doesn't work, press F8 on start up

If that doesn't work, press F4 on start up.

If all fails, you can simply remove the HDD. It's very simple. Then start the machine and report what happens then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQuWQkDd4iA
    • movinghelp
    • By movinghelp 16th Oct 16, 7:20 AM
    • 244 Posts
    • 47 Thanks
    movinghelp
    Right got the start up message again so there's 5 sections (information, configuration, security, boot and exit). Under security it says secure boot and secure boot status are enabled and I can either reset to setup mode or restore factory keys. And advice?

I don't have an uncorrupted laptop to follow the other instructions. Happy to restore it and lose what was on it.
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 16th Oct 16, 8:10 AM
    • 9,960 Posts
    • 4,185 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    Remember the combination that you utilised to get into the BIOS setup, lest you need to go there again later.
    If you don't have another laptop, you'll just have to try the One Key Recovery function.

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-b-series-laptops/lenovo-b50-30-notebook/documents/ht062552

https://support.lenovo.com/gb/en/documents/ht077084
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,279Posts Today

6,071Users online

Martin's Twitter