Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

• one_dull_guy
    • By one_dull_guy 1st Oct 16, 7:37 PM
    • 20Posts
    • 17Thanks
    ID Phone Network - Any Good?
    • 1st Oct 16, 7:37 PM
    ID Phone Network - Any Good? 1st Oct 16 at 7:37 PM
    I'm thinking of moving away from my Sim Only deal with Virgin Mobile as I'd like more data, and have seen there there are better deals on the market. One that caught my eye is with ID (Carphone Warehouse's own brand - using the 3 network).

Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with ID please?

Don't buy cheap things, buy things cheap.

Page 1
    • AndyPK
    • By AndyPK 1st Oct 16, 7:44 PM
    • 1,463 Posts
    • 384 Thanks
    • 1st Oct 16, 7:44 PM
    • 1st Oct 16, 7:44 PM
    How about life mobile.

Same network you are on now.
    • Atasas
    • By Atasas 1st Oct 16, 9:52 PM
    • 462 Posts
    • 99 Thanks
    • 1st Oct 16, 9:52 PM
    • 1st Oct 16, 9:52 PM
    iD?.... did you ever have an migraine and toothache at once? if you did, you are lucky- you never dealt with iD, as that might turn out to have been rather pleasant experience...
    • sdduk
    • By sdduk 2nd Oct 16, 9:55 PM
    • 977 Posts
    • 254 Thanks
    • 2nd Oct 16, 9:55 PM
    • 2nd Oct 16, 9:55 PM
    I was with ID from January this year till last month and never had any problems with them it may be worse in different parts of the country i don't know but where i live they are fine.
    Only left because i got more data with Three for less money so still on the same network which is No different in speed.
    Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect
    • Heng Leng
    • By Heng Leng 3rd Oct 16, 6:59 PM
    • 3,377 Posts
    • 1,008 Thanks
    Heng Leng
    • 3rd Oct 16, 6:59 PM
    • 3rd Oct 16, 6:59 PM
    They were absolutely fine - I only left as I changed work location and 3 coverage is non-existent.

Their non-European roaming charges were very high so I just diverted all my calls to voicemail before leaving Europe and used Viber/Whatsapp over wi-fi plus the occasional text when outside Europe.
    • ScoTTyBEEE
    • By ScoTTyBEEE 13th Oct 16, 4:59 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:59 PM
    • 13th Oct 16, 4:59 PM
    Spent almost 2 months driving around Europe with them this summer and it didn't cost me a penny more on their takeaway plan.

Reception same as three, which I was using for years before.

Phone customer services once as I couldn't roam. Turns out my apn was still with three. They gave me the details over the phone, so no problems.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

525Posts Today

4,929Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Just changed my profile description. Wish I was cool and brave enough to go for one of those really short ones!

• Happy with my 15k time today, one of my fastest 1:18:56. Managing to keep up my 150k a month target.

• That's why I'm asking question. To see whether people perceive they are or aren't.

• Follow Martin