Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Sparkone33
    • By Sparkone33 1st Oct 16, 5:37 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Sparkone33
    Tap parts - can these be replaced?
    • 1st Oct 16, 5:37 PM
    Tap parts - can these be replaced? 1st Oct 16 at 5:37 PM
    I recently moved into a flat and unfortunately the bathroom tap fittings are all falling off. They appear to have been glued at some point in the past... Are there spare parts for these or do I need to replace the whole tap? I got in touch with Ideal Standard who supplied the bathroom suite but they said these were third party taps so I do not know the manufacturer.
    It is hard to explain how the taps look without the use of images but there are round handles for hot and cold going into the central mixer part. The parts that have fallen off are the hot and cold markers and the rings around them on the tap handles and this has occurred on the sink and bath taps. I have tried to hunt for suitable spares but to no avail. Any advice gratefully received!
Page 1
    • Jonesya
    • By Jonesya 1st Oct 16, 6:12 PM
    • 1,150 Posts
    • 701 Thanks
    Jonesya
    • 1st Oct 16, 6:12 PM
    • 1st Oct 16, 6:12 PM
    If the taps are pretty standard and the fixed part is ok, then you can buy reviver kits - they have new valve mechanisms and come with new handles. Not particularly difficult to replace but obviously need to isolate the water, and/or drain hot tank depending on your plumbing/HW system.

Come in various types - conventional valves which are full-turn or ceramic quarter-turn. And come with various styles of handle.

http://www.screwfix.com/c/bathrooms-kitchens/reviver-kits-tap-spares/cat820108
    • ohreally
    • By ohreally 1st Oct 16, 7:09 PM
    • 5,732 Posts
    • 4,270 Thanks
    ohreally
    • 1st Oct 16, 7:09 PM
    • 1st Oct 16, 7:09 PM
    The parts that have fallen off are the hot and cold markers and the rings around them on the tap handles and this has occurred on the sink and bath taps.
    Originally posted by Sparkone33
    Your looking for tap indices. Search for the appropriate size - can you measure?

http://www.plumbers-mate-sales.co.uk/hot-and-cold---red-and-blue-tap-top-indicator-indices---58004073-2986-p.asp
    Imagination is a mental faculty that serves as a coping mechanism for those who can't or won't accept reality - unicorns and dragons and wives who don't nag, are all figments of the "imagination".

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
    • southcoastrgi
    • By southcoastrgi 2nd Oct 16, 5:29 PM
    • 4,964 Posts
    • 2,884 Thanks
    southcoastrgi
    • 2nd Oct 16, 5:29 PM
    • 2nd Oct 16, 5:29 PM
    Put your pics on a photo hosting site then post the links here without the http or www & the forum will think it's text
    I'm only here while I wait for Corrie to start.

You get no BS from me & if I think you are wrong I WILL tell you.
    • frugalmacdugal
    • By frugalmacdugal 3rd Oct 16, 5:25 AM
    • 5,449 Posts
    • 4,702 Thanks
    frugalmacdugal
    • 3rd Oct 16, 5:25 AM
    • 3rd Oct 16, 5:25 AM
    Hi,

is it something like these,

Y'all take care now.
    • Sparkone33
    • By Sparkone33 18th Oct 16, 6:42 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Sparkone33
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:42 PM
    • 18th Oct 16, 6:42 PM
    Thanks for your comments so far everyone. I took southcoastrgi's advice (thanks!) and have uploaded some photos - it's impossible to describe otherwise! Hopefully these are at: postimg.org/gallery/q07qo0jk/66df161b/
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 19th Oct 16, 9:15 AM
    • 1,413 Posts
    • 689 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:15 AM
    • 19th Oct 16, 9:15 AM
    Here is your link to photos.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,154Posts Today

5,924Users online

Martin's Twitter