Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • southwinds
    • By southwinds 1st Oct 16, 10:51 AM
    • 7Posts
    • 0Thanks
    southwinds
    Intelligent Finance Power of Attorney help needed
    • 1st Oct 16, 10:51 AM
    Intelligent Finance Power of Attorney help needed 1st Oct 16 at 10:51 AM
    I have just obtained POA for all of Dads accounts ..one is with IF who tell me as they are an online account now..they don't let POA access them due to security issues.

Does anyone know how or what I can do...should we need this money...for care bills or care home fees
    thank you

yes I have sent them the POA paperwork and my name is on the account but I seem to not be able to access funds . So should I have care homes bills to pay how would I . Has any one any suggestions. They tell me they are online only but POA people cant access the online service and Dad cant which is why I am doing things for him.
    Last edited by southwinds; 01-10-2016 at 4:35 PM.
Page 2
    • agrinnall
    • By agrinnall 14th Oct 16, 9:05 AM
    • 15,671 Posts
    • 11,377 Thanks
    agrinnall
    agrinnall

If you take the first and last statements of southwinds post #6 together, do they not imply the money which cannot be accessed is in a current account and not a savings account?

Maybe southwinds would like to clear up this point?
    Originally posted by DrSyn
    You're right, I hadn't spotted that, it does seem like it is indeed a current account.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,450Posts Today

6,083Users online

Martin's Twitter