Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bingbon
    • By bingbon 1st Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    • 210Posts
    • 1,732Thanks
    bingbon
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016
    • 1st Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016 1st Oct 16 at 10:45 AM
    Here we go again for another month. As usual this initial post has been shamelessly copied from the many previous months. A big thank you to Er... Me! for starting us off last month.

Welcome all newbies and regulars to this very friendly and chatty thread where we give lots of lovely tips on how to use up your stash and lots of support and encouragement if you need them.

Keep up the pampering and keep down the spending: let’s make the naughty step an empty and lonely place this month (rather than one so long that it can be seen from space)! Will this be the month when the "usual suspects" rein it in a bit? Let's see..... (but I doubt it!)

Remember - those products do nothing for you while they are stashed in drawers, boxes and cupboards!

We are eternally grateful to Katie Clampet who set up this fab challenge in January 2010. Here's her original challenge post:

"No buying any new toiletries, cosmetics, perfume etc... until I have used up ALL the ones I already have. I got a huge amount of (really nice) stuff for Christmas but I am going to resist the urge to browse Boots, Asda, Superdrug etc, and pop another tub of cream, face scrub, shampoo or conditioner into my basket. I reckon the stuff I have will last me until possibly June. I have decided that the money I save I will put into my special holiday account. Anyone else?"

Lots of us have taken part in the challenge over the past few months (and some of us even years!!) and are making great progress in reducing our stashes and unnecessary/excessive spending.

Regulars ignore this, but a quick resume is always helpful for newbies:

Why not add the challenge to your signature as a reminder?

How about taking a bit of time to do a stock-take and see if there are any gaps in your stash that you might need to spend on this month? Some of us set a budget for the month for essential purchases or to help with withdrawal symptoms, others like to go cold-turkey!! Other ideas which some people find useful: Listing everything out so you can cross things off as used to increase the sense of achievement, and putting a sum of money in a pot each time you use up an item to save for something you really want, or simply to assist in making future essential purchases "cash neutral".

Remember the challenge is about making the most of your money, enjoying your products, finding which products really suit you best and are worth buying, giving yourself a well-deserved pampering and breaking the habit of buying for the sake of buying. In money-saving tradition, it should also be about making your products l-a-s-t as long as possible (although the temptation of using an unloved shower gel extravagantly to finish it off is sometimes too much to bear!).

Brand new products (or opened perfume) sell well on eBay.

Unsuitable products can be repurposed and used for other jobs (shower gel/shampoo as handwash etc).

Some items can be returned to certain stores for exchange (for essential items or gifts!!) without a receipt.

Unwanted items can be recycled as gifts or for gift hampers (saving the money you'd have spent on gifts).

Unsuitable items can be donated to charity or a local women's refuge as mentioned earlier

It helps to avoid the places where temptation lurks for you; be it QVC, Boots, Body Shop, email newsletter, the supermarket toiletries aisles, Grabbit board, online toiletries browsing, seductive department store beauty counter offers etc. Remember retailers are making offers and promotions all the time, so there will always be another deal! Honest!

Good luck all for March and indeed the coming months, and remember to keep your stash lists updated, keep popping in for inspiration and support and to report your UU's and IN's, especially any sales bargains - we want a nosy!

Welcome to all newbies - the more the merrier. Please introduce yourselves so we can welcome you properly!

Oh - and anyone thinking "OMG my stash is FAR bigger than all of theirs, I cant possibly join" - believe you me, we have been doing this challenge for well over a year some of us - you wont scare us, and I can almost guarantee that someone somewhere will have had more and survived.... we are very supportive (and protective - so don't be scared!!) oh - and did we mention that are nosy??!!

Useful abbreviations and jargon!

WBA - Will Buy Again
    UU - Use Ups
    IN - Self explanatory - stuff you've gained into your stash - warning: lines may be given out for unnecessary purchases or you may be sent to the naughty step!
    NBI - A non-bought item such as a present, gift with purchase or free sample
    WNBA - Will Not Buy Again!
    Glitch - when a shop/online store make a pricing mistake so you end up paying less or even get freebies!
    PYN(M/T/W/Th/F/Sa/Su) DELETE AS APPROPRIATE! - Paint Your Nails Monday/Tuesday...... it allows everyone to try and finish those dastardly nail varnishes with group support! You can never be too groomed for this thread. Also see PY(T)N... - for toenails!
    Splutterer - the stage where an item is nearing the end of it's life and spluttering - also the most annoying and seemingly never ending stage!
    GWP - Gift With Purchase - a sample or mini sized item
    HG - Holy Grail - this is the product you would go back for time and time again, it does the job brilliantly, and is either economical, or so fantastic price becomes no object!
    NPI - Near Purchasing Incident (OMG we all have those!)
    LHJ - Long Haul Job - for those products - love 'em or hate 'em - that never seem to end no matter how often you use them
    PRCP - Pink Rose Candle Philosophy inspired by Erma Bombeck who said: 'If I had my life to live over again I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose that melted in storage'. Don't keep things 'for best' or 'for a special occasion'. That day never arrives. Give the best to yourself now and enjoy it. (Thanks to McCulloch29 for introducing this thought provoking sentiment to us)
    GA - for an out that was given away to charity, as a present, or "just because" rather than binned or UU
    TA - for an out that was thrown away due to going off (generally as it has been lurking at the back of a stash since time immemorial) or for any other reason such as a broken container or spillage
    PP - Project Pan: a list of specific items targeted to be used up

If anyone can think of any more we can add to the list so newbies won't be intimidated by our jargon!

Graduates

Here is a list of our lovely,fragrant ladies who have polished and pampered their way through their products and managed to get their toiletries stash under control. Ladies - congratulations, you are an inspiration to the rest of us, xx . Thanks also to InaPickle who suggested we start the Graduate list. To join the list of graduates let us know by posting that you are graduating in big colourful letters, that way the OP can easily spot you and add you to the list, or better still - PM the OP as the thread can move really quickly! You may also wish to add how many products you have used up during the challenge. Good luck ladies! xx

1. mineallmine - graduated with honours March
    2. Bronnie - graduated with honours March 2011
    3. lostinrates - graduated with honours around June 2010
    4. Ruby_Eskimo - graduated with honours June 2012
    5. Seaside dreamer - graduated with honours October 2012
    6. InaPickle - graduated with honours September 2014

Previous threads

In case you need to refer back to a previous stash list or product review, here are links to past challenge threads. Click on the date to take you straight to it:

January 2012
    February 2012
    March 2012
    April 2012
    May 2012
    June 2012
    July 2012
    August 2012
    September 2012
    October 2012
    November 2012
    December 2012
    January 2013
    February 2013
    March 2013
    April 2013
    May 2013
    June 2013
    July 2013
    August 2013
    September 2013
    October 2013
    November 2013
    December 2013
    January 2014
    February 2014
    March 2014
    April 2014
    May 2014
    June 2014
    July 2014
    August 2014
    September 2014
    October 2014
    November 2014
    December 2014
    January 2015
    February 2015
    March 2015
    April 2015
    May 2015
    June 2015
    July 2015
    August 2015
    September 2015
    October 2015
    November 2015
    December 2015
    January 2016
    February 2016
    March 2016
    April 2016
    May 2016
    June 2016
    July 2016
    August 2016
    September 2016
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2016. Let's try this again shall we...
Page 9
    • gemmajenkins0208
    • By gemmajenkins0208 16th Oct 16, 10:15 AM
    • 285 Posts
    • 1,532 Thanks
    gemmajenkins0208
    One of the huge spots I was on about came to a head this morning, I tried to pop it, and now it looks the worst it ever has

Basically there has been this slightly red lump just under my eyebrow for the last few weeks at least. When I first saw it I was like "oh that'll come up in a couple days, I'll pop it then it'll go down" but no. It never came up, I couldn't pop it and it just sat there looking all red and angry but I couldn't do anything to it.

Then this morning I saw a little whitehead on it, and I was like "ohhhh yes finally!" But now I've popped it, where the whitehead was it just looks like I've taken a huge chunk of skin out of my eyebrow!

I've literally never had a raised red lump type spot for this long before. The worst part was, when I went to pop it, only the tiniest bit of stuff came out!

Can anyone give me any tips as to how I might be able to help it go down or some such?
    • Lou85
    • By Lou85 16th Oct 16, 12:03 PM
    • 135 Posts
    • 526 Thanks
    Lou85
    Oh Gemma, this sounds like how my whole face used to look when I was a teenager! I had acne and I couldn't resist picking the whiteheads and causing craters across my face! I think I kept cleaning it until all the puss was out and then had to ignore it. I didn't really wear make up then either so it didn't get worse but I'm not sure of any miracle cures as I didn't know much about skincare then.

I am 100% guilty of not brushing my teeth at night. I really only do it if my teeth feel disgusting or I've got particularly bad breath at bedtime but I find my breath is worse in the mornings after I brush my teeth at night!

I too used to hide from bold lip colours. I have big lips and got bullied at school for it. My mum used to say 'supermodels would kill for your lips' and now I know she's right. I love them now and get so many compliments on them. It's really my OH who has given me the confidence to wear bright colours and I now enjoy wearing them. I still can't bring myself to wear bright eyeshadows though. I have small eyes/lids and I just feel silly doing it so tend to use eyeliner instead. If I get my make up done by a professional I tend to like the shadows they use but I'm rubbish with shadows and I'm not fussed about wearing them so I've deliberately avoided tutorials etc.

So with The minus 13 days until baby arrives I decided to take advantage of the Boots baby event and got some free INs:

60g sanctuary spa ultimate salt scrub sachet
    75ml sanctuary spa cleansing burst body wash
    15ml refreshing eye roll-on

I'd forgotten to mention another free IN I got from work as a maternity present :

Neutrogena hand cream 30ml

I also managed to swap my TBS Seaweed oil control lotion for the gel but due to the gel being cheaper than the lotion they encouraged me to buy something else as it was a bit of a palava with their till system so I picked up the cheapest thing I could see which was:

Honeydew hand cream 30ml

UUs:

TBS Seaweed night serum - I've got another in my stash. I think I like this but I'm not sure. I don't like the initial smell and texture when it's first applied but I think it does the job. I guess I'm just used to creams.

Gonna try to do some pampering today so may have more to report later.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend!
    #27 £2016 in 2016 = £763.61

#42 £2 Savers Club = £160

[I]*Savers Club not included in overall 2016 savings until the tin is opened and my estimates have been confirmed later in the year.
    • Houseplant26
    • By Houseplant26 16th Oct 16, 12:30 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 1,154 Thanks
    Houseplant26
    One of the huge spots I was on about came to a head this morning, I tried to pop it, and now it looks the worst it ever has

Basically there has been this slightly red lump just under my eyebrow for the last few weeks at least. When I first saw it I was like "oh that'll come up in a couple days, I'll pop it then it'll go down" but no. It never came up, I couldn't pop it and it just sat there looking all red and angry but I couldn't do anything to it.

Then this morning I saw a little whitehead on it, and I was like "ohhhh yes finally!" But now I've popped it, where the whitehead was it just looks like I've taken a huge chunk of skin out of my eyebrow!

I've literally never had a raised red lump type spot for this long before. The worst part was, when I went to pop it, only the tiniest bit of stuff came out!

Can anyone give me any tips as to how I might be able to help it go down or some such?
    Originally posted by gemmajenkins0208
    Ah the joys of spots I too have some bad ones at the moment and my skin had had a spell of being good!

My main advice would be to just leave it well alone now to let it heal. I think as a general rule it's best to not pop but I have had the odd one in my time that has been sooooo hilariously big I've had to. What can be good is using an acidic facial product (such as those pads that contain either a low amount of glycolic or other acid) and then use nourishing products on top. I find generally for my skin oils work well as they trick my face into making less oil. I think the weather change has led to a bit of caos on my for my lips are super super chapped too. Also a bit worried that my replacement Emma Hardie facial oil options have made me break out. Or it could be due to the horrid Bliss products from M&S that gave me a reaction.

I had a very stressful day at work yesterday so I might try to have a pamper to day and use up some samples. UUs going slow. Not sure how to tackle my spotty face though!!

I soooo want to do a lush order when I get paid but I sooooooo can't afford it!!! Maybe I can hold off until Christmas I usually ask for a lush box from my parents or sister.
    • VALM
    • By VALM 16th Oct 16, 12:32 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 31,345 Thanks
    VALM
    Have UUed the 250ml bottle of Australian Bodycare lotion. WDBA as its great for applying after shaving and on areas of dry or chaffed skin. Have seen a huge bottle on offer but have a tube of Savlon that will do the job and am wondering whether my Peppermint cream lotion will have same antibacterial properties.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • gemmajenkins0208
    • By gemmajenkins0208 16th Oct 16, 12:38 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 1,532 Thanks
    gemmajenkins0208
    Ah the joys of spots I too have some bad ones at the moment and my skin had had a spell of being good!

My main advice would be to just leave it well alone now to let it heal. I think as a general rule it's best to not pop but I have had the odd one in my time that has been sooooo hilariously big I've had to. What can be good is using an acidic facial product (such as those pads that contain either a low amount of glycolic or other acid) and then use nourishing products on top. I find generally for my skin oils work well as they trick my face into making less oil. I think the weather change has led to a bit of caos on my for my lips are super super chapped too. Also a bit worried that my replacement Emma Hardie facial oil options have made me break out. Or it could be due to the horrid Bliss products from M&S that gave me a reaction.

I had a very stressful day at work yesterday so I might try to have a pamper to day and use up some samples. UUs going slow. Not sure how to tackle my spotty face though!!

I soooo want to do a lush order when I get paid but I sooooooo can't afford it!!! Maybe I can hold off until Christmas I usually ask for a lush box from my parents or sister.
    Originally posted by Houseplant26
    Thank you for the advice Houseplant

Work is getting busier for me too now in the run up to Christmas.

I'm dead set on using up as much as I can this side of Christmas as one of my new years resolutions is to try and get into routines in a few aspects of my life, one of them being to do with skincare

I also need to make some space in my room
    • gemmajenkins0208
    • By gemmajenkins0208 16th Oct 16, 12:43 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 1,532 Thanks
    gemmajenkins0208
    What do people make of Simple products?

That is mainly what my stash consists of that I'll move onto once I've UU'ed my UU items
    • evilsquid1603
    • By evilsquid1603 16th Oct 16, 1:30 PM
    • 1,374 Posts
    • 11,910 Thanks
    evilsquid1603
    I have INS, my love lula box came. Was in need of a cleanser as two are about to be UU so this one is very timely! also got a lip balm and my lips are feeling the temperature changes.

Originally posted by gemmajenkins0208
    my skin is doing the exact same thing and i get married in two weeks! I'm thinking of going back to my liz earle moisturiser and cleanser, using the same things morning and night and properly stripping my routine back to let it heal.

Last thing i need too as I'm currently in the middle of a dress based nightmare. Last Friday the people i'd ordered my dress from said they can't make it in time despite the order being placed well within the guidelines on their website and refunded me so I've had to come up with and buy dress plan B this week. Was probably for the best as my mums friend has done some digging since and thinks they may have just been putting on a front they are UK based and are actually in China and the dress would have been terrible if it had come so it sounds like it may have been for the best!!

I only ordered it as i got absolutely sick to death of being mithered by my friends and family so i bought the first dress that went in my "acceptable" pile purely to shut them all up. They acted like nuclear war has just been announced when they found out the dress was no more and this time i stuck to my guns, told them i knew my own style and i didn't care what i wore so long as i felt amazing and i still looked liked me in the mirror. I went out shopping on my own, completely took the pressure off and said if i was shopping for a outfit for a big night out where would i go and what would i buy and i had the outfit done in an hour in the first shop i went in as i went where i knew i liked the clothes rather than the party dress section which just isn't me at all.

I'm now wearing a gorgeous corset from Agent Provocateur (was going there anyway for underwear so its not like this was totally out of the blue!) that gives me and hourglass figure and makes me look like I've lost a half a stone and spent the past six months doing sit ups, a ralph lauren blouse that is totally my style and i will wear again to death and the most amazing pair of black jeans that fit like a glove and don't look like jeans. i just thought the times when i can say I've honestly thought to myself you look good tonight were always involving gorgeous heels, skinny jeans and a nice floaty top so thats exactly what I've bought.

needless to they all had a fit when they found out but I've told them essentially its my day, this is my style, I look like me and i feel amazing and if thats not what matters to them and they'd rather force me to be stared at by over 100 people whilst i feel i look fat and awful and have photos of me in a dress i despise they all need to take a step back and remind themselves what this day is actually about. My friends have said once they recovered from the shock that i actually do look like me and are now campaigning for the blouse to be ditched altogether as the corset is so amazing and my mum has talked my dad down so they've at least accepted it.

Ive been saying all along to them all this is turning into a wedding and not a marriage and this was properly the last straw for me when they kicked off and started dictating to me what id wear on my own wedding day. it got so bad with the rows it was only when i turned round and said id had enough of the whole thing and I'm not going lets see how far this wedding gets without me they actually realised how badly they'd all been making me feel and how much it'd spiralled out of control. We had to close our savings accounts yesterday to pay the venue and its finally hit OH just how much money has gone on this one day and why I've been saying all along that people needed to have a reality check on what this whole thing was about.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries!
    • gemmajenkins0208
    • By gemmajenkins0208 16th Oct 16, 1:45 PM
    • 285 Posts
    • 1,532 Thanks
    gemmajenkins0208
    Wow evilsquid! I really hope something like that doesn't happen to me whenever I get married.

I'm glad you put everyone in their place tho. As you say it's YOUR wedding day, YOUR marriage, and the day is all about YOU!

Good luck with any remaining plans and enjoy your big day!
    • maddiemay
    • By maddiemay 16th Oct 16, 2:38 PM
    • 2,601 Posts
    • 21,905 Thanks
    maddiemay
    Oh evilsquid what a nightmare you have had to go through, it is so unfair of families to dictate their wants above yours, but well done for sticking out for what you really want, I am sure that you will look and feel fantastic and have a lovely day.

sorry that both you and Gemma are suffering with skin problems, cannot offer any help, except to say be very kind and gentle with your cleansing etc, no harsh products. The stress that you have both had to go through recently cannot have helped either. My all time skin guru Caroline Hirons aka beauty mouth blog has some cheat sheets of acne and breakouts, might be worth a read. When I get bad allergic reactions on my face I always revert for a while to La Roche Posay Serozinc spray as a toner (gleaned from La Hirons LOL) also one of their gentle cleansers (just been and checked it is LRP Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser) A whopping great daily dose of good quality fish oil ought to help too
    • VALM
    • By VALM 16th Oct 16, 2:49 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 31,345 Thanks
    VALM
    Evilsquid you are right to wear what you want on your day. Weddings do tend to become all consuming. I hope you have a fantastic day. Probably returning to the Liz Earle regime will help as it is gentle. Take care X

Another UU : LUSH Karma soap. I've been using this at the basin in the bathroom and noticed today it had gone squishy. Have finished it off to wash my make up brushes/sponges.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • Houseplant26
    • By Houseplant26 16th Oct 16, 3:12 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 1,154 Thanks
    Houseplant26
    I have INS, my love lula box came. Was in need of a cleanser as two are about to be UU so this one is very timely! also got a lip balm and my lips are feeling the temperature changes.

my skin is doing the exact same thing and i get married in two weeks! I'm thinking of going back to my liz earle moisturiser and cleanser, using the same things morning and night and properly stripping my routine back to let it heal.

Last thing i need too as I'm currently in the middle of a dress based nightmare. Last Friday the people i'd ordered my dress from said they can't make it in time despite the order being placed well within the guidelines on their website and refunded me so I've had to come up with and buy dress plan B this week. Was probably for the best as my mums friend has done some digging since and thinks they may have just been putting on a front they are UK based and are actually in China and the dress would have been terrible if it had come so it sounds like it may have been for the best!!

I only ordered it as i got absolutely sick to death of being mithered by my friends and family so i bought the first dress that went in my "acceptable" pile purely to shut them all up. They acted like nuclear war has just been announced when they found out the dress was no more and this time i stuck to my guns, told them i knew my own style and i didn't care what i wore so long as i felt amazing and i still looked liked me in the mirror. I went out shopping on my own, completely took the pressure off and said if i was shopping for a outfit for a big night out where would i go and what would i buy and i had the outfit done in an hour in the first shop i went in as i went where i knew i liked the clothes rather than the party dress section which just isn't me at all.

I'm now wearing a gorgeous corset from Agent Provocateur (was going there anyway for underwear so its not like this was totally out of the blue!) that gives me and hourglass figure and makes me look like I've lost a half a stone and spent the past six months doing sit ups, a ralph lauren blouse that is totally my style and i will wear again to death and the most amazing pair of black jeans that fit like a glove and don't look like jeans. i just thought the times when i can say I've honestly thought to myself you look good tonight were always involving gorgeous heels, skinny jeans and a nice floaty top so thats exactly what I've bought.

needless to they all had a fit when they found out but I've told them essentially its my day, this is my style, I look like me and i feel amazing and if thats not what matters to them and they'd rather force me to be stared at by over 100 people whilst i feel i look fat and awful and have photos of me in a dress i despise they all need to take a step back and remind themselves what this day is actually about. My friends have said once they recovered from the shock that i actually do look like me and are now campaigning for the blouse to be ditched altogether as the corset is so amazing and my mum has talked my dad down so they've at least accepted it.

Ive been saying all along to them all this is turning into a wedding and not a marriage and this was properly the last straw for me when they kicked off and started dictating to me what id wear on my own wedding day. it got so bad with the rows it was only when i turned round and said id had enough of the whole thing and I'm not going lets see how far this wedding gets without me they actually realised how badly they'd all been making me feel and how much it'd spiralled out of control. We had to close our savings accounts yesterday to pay the venue and its finally hit OH just how much money has gone on this one day and why I've been saying all along that people needed to have a reality check on what this whole thing was about.
    Originally posted by evilsquid1603
    You go girl! That outfit sounds amazing I bet you look incredible. Try not let everyone get to you people seem to do strange things in the context of weddings. My parents got married in secret and wore jeans and a blouse/jeans and a comedy tshirt. I often think about what I want from a wedding and I get confused about all the options! I reckon I may well end up doing it in secret if I do. Need to start having chats about these things with OH.....he's the one for me and I think he feels the same but I'd like to know!
    • Houseplant26
    • By Houseplant26 16th Oct 16, 3:13 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 1,154 Thanks
    Houseplant26
    Oh evilsquid what a nightmare you have had to go through, it is so unfair of families to dictate their wants above yours, but well done for sticking out for what you really want, I am sure that you will look and feel fantastic and have a lovely day.

sorry that both you and Gemma are suffering with skin problems, cannot offer any help, except to say be very kind and gentle with your cleansing etc, no harsh products. The stress that you have both had to go through recently cannot have helped either. My all time skin guru Caroline Hirons aka beauty mouth blog has some cheat sheets of acne and breakouts, might be worth a read. When I get bad allergic reactions on my face I always revert for a while to La Roche Posay Serozinc spray as a toner (gleaned from La Hirons LOL) also one of their gentle cleansers (just been and checked it is LRP Toleriane Dermo-Cleanser) A whopping great daily dose of good quality fish oil ought to help too
    Originally posted by maddiemay
    This is great advice (I too adore Caroline!)
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 16th Oct 16, 3:25 PM
    • 2,115 Posts
    • 9,643 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    EvilSquid - glad you found something that you want to wear for your wedding. Its your choice what you wear no one else's
    • SuiDreams
    • By SuiDreams 16th Oct 16, 3:38 PM
    • 2,115 Posts
    • 9,643 Thanks
    SuiDreams
    I have been very good this weekend, went to town yesterday to get my brows done and didn't buy anything other than vitamins and food (no clothes, make up or toiletries bought). I did need some more eye cream, but they were out in Debenhams but the lovely lady gave me some in a sample pot to last me till next week.

Any beauty products I need over the next month or so I should be able to get with vouchers and points and therefore not spend any of my own money, which is a good thing. Part way through the Christmas presnet shopping and hoping to get a few extra boots points with what I have left to buy, which I can then use to buy some necessities when needed.

Have painted my nails today in OPI Dark side of the mood, with shine on me on ring fingers, will hopefully get some of my older mini's uu before I open my OPI mini Mani month.
    • VALM
    • By VALM 16th Oct 16, 5:04 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 31,345 Thanks
    VALM
    I have been very good this weekend, went to town yesterday to get my brows done and didn't buy anything other than vitamins and food (no clothes, make up or toiletries bought). I did need some more eye cream, but they were out in Debenhams but the lovely lady gave me some in a sample pot to last me till next week.

Any beauty products I need over the next month or so I should be able to get with vouchers and points and therefore not spend any of my own money, which is a good thing. Part way through the Christmas presnet shopping and hoping to get a few extra boots points with what I have left to buy, which I can then use to buy some necessities when needed.

Have painted my nails today in OPI Dark side of the mood, with shine on me on ring fingers, will hopefully get some of my older mini's uu before I open my OPI mini Mani month.
    Originally posted by SuiDreams
    Your nail combo sounds fab. I own Dark Side as I hoped it would be a dupe for Break a Leg warmer. Have repainted mine and (spookily) am wearing OPI Liv in the Gray which is another dupe contender. Have looked at both polishes side by side and they are not too dissimilar so my quest could be over!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • lucia22
    • By lucia22 16th Oct 16, 6:03 PM
    • 158 Posts
    • 1,455 Thanks
    lucia22
    I have one UU from today:

Soap & Glory Flake Away Body Scrub 50ml - This was really good as it was scrubby enough without making my skin feel irritated. I liked the scent as well. It also lasted a long time as I had this on holiday for a week and still had plenty left at the end. WDBA. I will replace this with an M&S one from the stash. I tried out a H+M one today and I didn't think it was great so I'll save that to use up later.

This week I'm hoping to use up two things - the last of a Garnier 7 Days body lotion and the rest of my Lush toner (but it does last a while!). I have 3 INs today - one was a TBS hand cream (reduced to £2.50) and then a mini seaweed cleanser and mini tea tree toner to try out. The store was very tempting but I've resisted (mostly) for now. They had some good deals in The Body Shop so I recommend it to anyone wishing to buy some stocking fillers and save some pennies.
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2016 (started challenge on 27th Dec 2015)
    Toiletries Total UU to end of Nov - 190
    | December - UU - 2| Makeup Total UU to end of Nov - 5
    • VALM
    • By VALM 16th Oct 16, 6:17 PM
    • 3,337 Posts
    • 31,345 Thanks
    VALM
    Another UU - L'Occitane Immortelle cream. This was lovely. May repurchase in the future. Have taken a tube of Caudalie moisturiser out to use as night cream next.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • sam.4000
    • By sam.4000 16th Oct 16, 6:56 PM
    • 1,254 Posts
    • 5,628 Thanks
    sam.4000
    Quick update

UUS
    6 sheet masks
    3 lush bubble bars ( 2 granny, 1 heart throb)
    3 bath bombs ( 2 so white, golden wonder)
    2 sugar scrubs
    1 body whip
    1 peel off mask
    2 bath melts

Sorted out some stuff for my baby sister so another 7 items so far to go.

IN's
    Gillette shaving foam.
    • InaPickle
    • By InaPickle 16th Oct 16, 7:13 PM
    • 5,882 Posts
    • 32,689 Thanks
    InaPickle
    Oh yeah, 4 INs: 4 x Creighton's conditioner (same as last time)!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: read 11/25, Bought .
    No More Buying DVDs: 38/25; In: 7
    NMB Toiletries GA/TA: 66; In: 78 GRADUATED!
    ~Proud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• Houseplant26
    • By Houseplant26 16th Oct 16, 8:23 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 1,154 Thanks
    Houseplant26
    One and a half UUs
    Lush French kiss bubble bar
    Half a comforter bubble bar
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

700Posts Today

4,249Users online

Martin's Twitter