Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • bingbon
    • By bingbon 1st Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    • 210Posts
    • 1,738Thanks
    bingbon
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016
    • 1st Oct 16, 10:45 AM
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries October 2016 1st Oct 16 at 10:45 AM
    Here we go again for another month. As usual this initial post has been shamelessly copied from the many previous months. A big thank you to Er... Me! for starting us off last month.

Welcome all newbies and regulars to this very friendly and chatty thread where we give lots of lovely tips on how to use up your stash and lots of support and encouragement if you need them.

Keep up the pampering and keep down the spending: let’s make the naughty step an empty and lonely place this month (rather than one so long that it can be seen from space)! Will this be the month when the "usual suspects" rein it in a bit? Let's see..... (but I doubt it!)

Remember - those products do nothing for you while they are stashed in drawers, boxes and cupboards!

We are eternally grateful to Katie Clampet who set up this fab challenge in January 2010. Here's her original challenge post:

"No buying any new toiletries, cosmetics, perfume etc... until I have used up ALL the ones I already have. I got a huge amount of (really nice) stuff for Christmas but I am going to resist the urge to browse Boots, Asda, Superdrug etc, and pop another tub of cream, face scrub, shampoo or conditioner into my basket. I reckon the stuff I have will last me until possibly June. I have decided that the money I save I will put into my special holiday account. Anyone else?"

Lots of us have taken part in the challenge over the past few months (and some of us even years!!) and are making great progress in reducing our stashes and unnecessary/excessive spending.

Regulars ignore this, but a quick resume is always helpful for newbies:

Why not add the challenge to your signature as a reminder?

How about taking a bit of time to do a stock-take and see if there are any gaps in your stash that you might need to spend on this month? Some of us set a budget for the month for essential purchases or to help with withdrawal symptoms, others like to go cold-turkey!! Other ideas which some people find useful: Listing everything out so you can cross things off as used to increase the sense of achievement, and putting a sum of money in a pot each time you use up an item to save for something you really want, or simply to assist in making future essential purchases "cash neutral".

Remember the challenge is about making the most of your money, enjoying your products, finding which products really suit you best and are worth buying, giving yourself a well-deserved pampering and breaking the habit of buying for the sake of buying. In money-saving tradition, it should also be about making your products l-a-s-t as long as possible (although the temptation of using an unloved shower gel extravagantly to finish it off is sometimes too much to bear!).

Brand new products (or opened perfume) sell well on eBay.

Unsuitable products can be repurposed and used for other jobs (shower gel/shampoo as handwash etc).

Some items can be returned to certain stores for exchange (for essential items or gifts!!) without a receipt.

Unwanted items can be recycled as gifts or for gift hampers (saving the money you'd have spent on gifts).

Unsuitable items can be donated to charity or a local women's refuge as mentioned earlier

It helps to avoid the places where temptation lurks for you; be it QVC, Boots, Body Shop, email newsletter, the supermarket toiletries aisles, Grabbit board, online toiletries browsing, seductive department store beauty counter offers etc. Remember retailers are making offers and promotions all the time, so there will always be another deal! Honest!

Good luck all for March and indeed the coming months, and remember to keep your stash lists updated, keep popping in for inspiration and support and to report your UU's and IN's, especially any sales bargains - we want a nosy!

Welcome to all newbies - the more the merrier. Please introduce yourselves so we can welcome you properly!

Oh - and anyone thinking "OMG my stash is FAR bigger than all of theirs, I cant possibly join" - believe you me, we have been doing this challenge for well over a year some of us - you wont scare us, and I can almost guarantee that someone somewhere will have had more and survived.... we are very supportive (and protective - so don't be scared!!) oh - and did we mention that are nosy??!!

Useful abbreviations and jargon!

WBA - Will Buy Again
    UU - Use Ups
    IN - Self explanatory - stuff you've gained into your stash - warning: lines may be given out for unnecessary purchases or you may be sent to the naughty step!
    NBI - A non-bought item such as a present, gift with purchase or free sample
    WNBA - Will Not Buy Again!
    Glitch - when a shop/online store make a pricing mistake so you end up paying less or even get freebies!
    PYN(M/T/W/Th/F/Sa/Su) DELETE AS APPROPRIATE! - Paint Your Nails Monday/Tuesday...... it allows everyone to try and finish those dastardly nail varnishes with group support! You can never be too groomed for this thread. Also see PY(T)N... - for toenails!
    Splutterer - the stage where an item is nearing the end of it's life and spluttering - also the most annoying and seemingly never ending stage!
    GWP - Gift With Purchase - a sample or mini sized item
    HG - Holy Grail - this is the product you would go back for time and time again, it does the job brilliantly, and is either economical, or so fantastic price becomes no object!
    NPI - Near Purchasing Incident (OMG we all have those!)
    LHJ - Long Haul Job - for those products - love 'em or hate 'em - that never seem to end no matter how often you use them
    PRCP - Pink Rose Candle Philosophy inspired by Erma Bombeck who said: 'If I had my life to live over again I would have burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose that melted in storage'. Don't keep things 'for best' or 'for a special occasion'. That day never arrives. Give the best to yourself now and enjoy it. (Thanks to McCulloch29 for introducing this thought provoking sentiment to us)
    GA - for an out that was given away to charity, as a present, or "just because" rather than binned or UU
    TA - for an out that was thrown away due to going off (generally as it has been lurking at the back of a stash since time immemorial) or for any other reason such as a broken container or spillage
    PP - Project Pan: a list of specific items targeted to be used up

If anyone can think of any more we can add to the list so newbies won't be intimidated by our jargon!

Graduates

Here is a list of our lovely,fragrant ladies who have polished and pampered their way through their products and managed to get their toiletries stash under control. Ladies - congratulations, you are an inspiration to the rest of us, xx . Thanks also to InaPickle who suggested we start the Graduate list. To join the list of graduates let us know by posting that you are graduating in big colourful letters, that way the OP can easily spot you and add you to the list, or better still - PM the OP as the thread can move really quickly! You may also wish to add how many products you have used up during the challenge. Good luck ladies! xx

1. mineallmine - graduated with honours March
    2. Bronnie - graduated with honours March 2011
    3. lostinrates - graduated with honours around June 2010
    4. Ruby_Eskimo - graduated with honours June 2012
    5. Seaside dreamer - graduated with honours October 2012
    6. InaPickle - graduated with honours September 2014

Previous threads

In case you need to refer back to a previous stash list or product review, here are links to past challenge threads. Click on the date to take you straight to it:

January 2012
    February 2012
    March 2012
    April 2012
    May 2012
    June 2012
    July 2012
    August 2012
    September 2012
    October 2012
    November 2012
    December 2012
    January 2013
    February 2013
    March 2013
    April 2013
    May 2013
    June 2013
    July 2013
    August 2013
    September 2013
    October 2013
    November 2013
    December 2013
    January 2014
    February 2014
    March 2014
    April 2014
    May 2014
    June 2014
    July 2014
    August 2014
    September 2014
    October 2014
    November 2014
    December 2014
    January 2015
    February 2015
    March 2015
    April 2015
    May 2015
    June 2015
    July 2015
    August 2015
    September 2015
    October 2015
    November 2015
    December 2015
    January 2016
    February 2016
    March 2016
    April 2016
    May 2016
    June 2016
    July 2016
    August 2016
    September 2016
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2016. Let's try this again shall we...
Page 8
    • fixx
    • By fixx 14th Oct 16, 1:18 PM
    • 636 Posts
    • 5,428 Thanks
    fixx
    Oooh, lots to catch-up on, but I've some UUs and Ins to report quickly:

UUs:
    - Catrice Nail expert nail hardener. WNBA. Was fine (as a base coat), and cheap, but nothing special.
    - Rituals Xiu Xi Calming body and massage oil. WNB. Nice scent, but just didn't sink in as well as other body oils (e.g. Elemis, Bio Oil) so was a bit annoying for a couple of hours after using. It was a gift though, and I did like using it.

Ins:
    Ok I've been a bit naughty here I went to the House of Fraser website to order some birthday pressies for people (all Urban Decay stuff), and this banner appeared with a special beauty offer - £20 for a big bag of goodies when you spend over £75... Not the pressies I was going to order weren't quite £75, so I ended up buying a hair mask for myself too In
    my defence, I've run out of hair masks, and using coconut oil has NOT been going well! So ins are:

- Origins Rich rewards Intensive Moisture treatment hair mask, + a free mini Origins GinZeng moisturiser
    - House Of Fraser All About Skincare Kit (the £20 bonus collection) which includes:
    Clarins Moisture Rich Body Lotion (100ml)
    Lancôme Advanced Genifique (7ml)
    Molton Brown Pink Pepper Body Wash (50ml)
    Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Double Extract Serum (7ml)
    Elizabeth Arden Prevage Intensive Serum (5ml)
    Sisley Black Rose Mask (10ml)
    Elemis Ultra Rich Pro Collagen Marine Cream (15ml)
    Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate (4ml)
    Murad Invisiblur (5ml)
    Erborian CC Crème (5ml)
    Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate (10ml)
    Decleor Orexcellence Eye Cream (5ml)
    Decleor Orexcellence Youthful Oil Serum (5ml)
    I'm actually really happy with all of that, I have no mini skincare things left, and all the above will be used! So yeah...

On a less positive note, I also bought the Aldi beauty advent calendar, which I'm not so impressed by. I will use it all in December, but there are definitely better value ones out there.
    • VALM
    • By VALM 14th Oct 16, 1:54 PM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 31,348 Thanks
    VALM
    I repainted my nails last night with Maybelline Really Rosy - an old favourite.
    Originally posted by dolly84
    Nails painted Illamasqua Raindrops, a pretty slightly pearlised light grey, really suits my skin tone.
    Originally posted by maddiemay
    I repainted mine this morning and am wearing OPI Lunch at the Delhi (another favourite from the India collecton) with my new Essie Playing Koi on the ring fingers.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • Houseplant26
    • By Houseplant26 14th Oct 16, 2:29 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    Houseplant26
    Hey everyone, apologies for being very very late to the party again but im still doing the challenge, just have been very busy moving into new house. Still got loads of unpacking to do. So theres been less movement on the toiletries front but hopefully back to normality soon. I have some uus to report anyway and heres this months PP:

1. Dove beauty finish roll on deodorant
    2. Lush dont rain on my parade shower gel sample
    3. Lush beautiful shower gel sample
    5. Lush lord of misrule shower gel sample
    6. Lush olive branch shower gel sample
    7. Lush elbow grease moisturising bar sample
    8. Lush love & light hand cream sample
    9. Lush key lime lip balm sample
    10. Lush enzymion moisturiser sample
    11. Lush karma kream body lotion sample
    12. M&S peach & almond body butter 200ml
    13. Sanex dermo invisible spray deodorant
    14. St. Ives normal & combination skin chamomile facial cleansing wipes
    15. Avon far away exotic eau de toilette 50ml
    16. Lynx attract for her deodorant body spray

UU's:

Lush plum rain shower gel sample - WBA, and already have full size in stash. I love the smell of this and the scent lingers on the skin.

Lush retread conditioner sample- WMBA as full size. Not sure how much it did for my hair but did like the smell and the scent lingered.

Lush cynthia sylvia stout beer shampoo sample - WBA as full size when ive finished my current lush shampoo, i actually quite liked the smell of this in use and my hair seems to like it.

Lush yellow fun sample - WMBA i dic like the scent of this but its quite subtle and didnt linger much. I used it in shower as soap and it did me a few showers. I think i prefer shower gel though so will probably use my full size bars as bath bubbles or for shaving.

Next velvet bloom eau de toilette 30ml - WBA if i can get hold of more! I actually nearly cried at finishing this as i love the scent. Kicking myself that i didnt get a 100ml as its such a lovely scent and its been discontinued now i think the bottle is really pretty too.

TBS cherry blossom eau de toilette 10ml - WBA and already have more in stash. I like the smell of this one, its quite a light scent so i wore it a lot for work.

TBS white musk libertine eau de toilette 10ml - WBA and have more stashed. One of my favourite scents when i want something lighter and pretty. The scent seems to linger and last a good amount for the price.

Johnsons facial cleansing wipes (pale blue packet) - WBA when on offer, these are really good quality and nice thick wipes. Do the job well.

I also have a ton of ins as my friend posted out the lush she had got and kept for me while i had no address for nearly 2 months. They are in drawer under my bed so will declare those tomorrow when i can get them out as cant remember it all! Was a lovely house warming/welcome home parcel
    Originally posted by Gemzie121
    Very jealous about all your lush! With samples are they good at giving them out? Do you just ask in store?

I feel like I'm being a bit enabling and enabled on the shopping front!
    • Houseplant26
    • By Houseplant26 14th Oct 16, 2:33 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    Houseplant26
    Oooh, lots to catch-up on, but I've some UUs and Ins to report quickly:

UUs:
    - Catrice Nail expert nail hardener. WNBA. Was fine (as a base coat), and cheap, but nothing special.
    - Rituals Xiu Xi Calming body and massage oil. WNB. Nice scent, but just didn't sink in as well as other body oils (e.g. Elemis, Bio Oil) so was a bit annoying for a couple of hours after using. It was a gift though, and I did like using it.

Ins:
    Ok I've been a bit naughty here I went to the House of Fraser website to order some birthday pressies for people (all Urban Decay stuff), and this banner appeared with a special beauty offer - £20 for a big bag of goodies when you spend over £75... Not the pressies I was going to order weren't quite £75, so I ended up buying a hair mask for myself too In
    my defence, I've run out of hair masks, and using coconut oil has NOT been going well! So ins are:

- Origins Rich rewards Intensive Moisture treatment hair mask, + a free mini Origins GinZeng moisturiser
    - House Of Fraser All About Skincare Kit (the £20 bonus collection) which includes:
    Clarins Moisture Rich Body Lotion (100ml)
    Lancôme Advanced Genifique (7ml)
    Molton Brown Pink Pepper Body Wash (50ml)
    Roger & Gallet Aura Mirabilis Double Extract Serum (7ml)
    Elizabeth Arden Prevage Intensive Serum (5ml)
    Sisley Black Rose Mask (10ml)
    Elemis Ultra Rich Pro Collagen Marine Cream (15ml)
    Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate (4ml)
    Murad Invisiblur (5ml)
    Erborian CC Crème (5ml)
    Shiseido Ultimune Power Infusing Concentrate (10ml)
    Decleor Orexcellence Eye Cream (5ml)
    Decleor Orexcellence Youthful Oil Serum (5ml)
    I'm actually really happy with all of that, I have no mini skincare things left, and all the above will be used! So yeah...

On a less positive note, I also bought the Aldi beauty advent calendar, which I'm not so impressed by. I will use it all in December, but there are definitely better value ones out there.
    Originally posted by fixx
    Girl after my own heart with the gifts with purchase..... Some of those goodies sound lovely. I think we need someone stern to tell us off for our naughty sprees though, seem to have all had a few lately I think it's the time of year.
    • Carolyn12
    • By Carolyn12 14th Oct 16, 3:08 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 3,718 Thanks
    Carolyn12
    Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

Thank you for the welcome back ValM- I'm glad your rot problem isn't too bad in your kitchen, and I hope Emma is enjoying herself in Newcastle.

Gemzie- I hope all is well with you, i'm glad you're finally into your new home.

Fixx- Those are some lovely freebie INs!

EssexHebridean- Hello, I'm not an original, but I do remember you from when I started posted here back in c.2011-12?!

Well, my planned purchase of a nice Advent Calendar treat is probably out of the window, my beautiful furbaby (cat) was rushed to the vet on Wednesday and is still there, and my DH is having ongoing taxman issues- if anyone is a tax lawyer- please do get in touch lol.

Never mind, I have received some nice freebies over the last couple of months, which I will treat myself to in December.

One small UU:
    A soap. Unsure of the brand, but did the job.
    I have a hand cream and a shower gel also on their way out so they should be next.

Have a great day all!
    • Carolyn12
    • By Carolyn12 14th Oct 16, 3:19 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 3,718 Thanks
    Carolyn12
    Lipsticks used to be my Achilles heel too until I got to the point where I was buying the same kind of colour over and over again looking for the MLBB colour and getting it completely wrong. Saying that this week I have pulled out a no 7 lippie and have new found love for it. It was bought on impulse. On a previous shopping trip with Emma we had gone into Boots when they were doing a lipstick matching service. I much preferred the lipstick Emma got and convinced myself that I really didn't like mine - I think it's called Soft Tulip. Anyway I've been applying it all week and have really liked it. Maybe it's Autumn appropriate.
    Originally posted by VALM

I got a No7 lipstick in Soft Tulip during the August free gift box promotion. I want to use up some other lip products first before I start this one. The shade looked lovely in the store.
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 14th Oct 16, 6:24 PM
    • 6,378 Posts
    • 35,181 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Hi all,

I hope everyone is well.

Thank you for the welcome back ValM- I'm glad your rot problem isn't too bad in your kitchen, and I hope Emma is enjoying herself in Newcastle.

Gemzie- I hope all is well with you, i'm glad you're finally into your new home.

Fixx- Those are some lovely freebie INs!

EssexHebridean- Hello, I'm not an original, but I do remember you from when I started posted here back in c.2011-12?!

Well, my planned purchase of a nice Advent Calendar treat is probably out of the window, my beautiful furbaby (cat) was rushed to the vet on Wednesday and is still there, and my DH is having ongoing taxman issues- if anyone is a tax lawyer- please do get in touch lol.

Never mind, I have received some nice freebies over the last couple of months, which I will treat myself to in December.

One small UU:
    A soap. Unsure of the brand, but did the job.
    I have a hand cream and a shower gel also on their way out so they should be next.

Have a great day all!
    Originally posted by Carolyn12
    Ooh yes Carolyn I remember you from then too! Hope to hear good news of your puss-cat soon - horrible when they're poorly.

Showered last night as I had the builder arriving first thing this morning and - hurrah - remembered to use my Body Butter. I've also noted an ancient tube of foot cream that needs using so I've put that somewhere obvious and will see if I can make some headway there too.

Happy weekend all - keep away from Boots, Superdrug and the toiletry aisles of the supermarket!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    • Treasurequeen
    • By Treasurequeen 14th Oct 16, 8:18 PM
    • 216 Posts
    • 2,319 Thanks
    Treasurequeen
    My PP by Christmas:

LE face moisturiser
    LE shower gel
    LE cleanse and polish
    Ny hand cream
    Body oil
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2016
    • seasideDreamer
    • By seasideDreamer 14th Oct 16, 9:47 PM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 9,903 Thanks
    seasideDreamer
    Another IN, hubby brought home his O2 Freebie a cleansing lotion. Had a product recall today from Boots for the Botanics cleansing water, think i have two in stash from a couple of weeks back so will take those back and try and get refund rather than replacements.
    Debt free and busy treating myself

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
    • dolly84
    • By dolly84 15th Oct 16, 8:26 AM
    • 2,977 Posts
    • 27,705 Thanks
    dolly84
    Carolyn - hope your cat is OK.
    Total Debt 01/14 £13043.00, now £0 debt free date Dec 2016, actually July 2016.
    • asset2004
    • By asset2004 15th Oct 16, 4:16 PM
    • 2,382 Posts
    • 17,500 Thanks
    asset2004
    New BootsFreebie day for me, Cucumber water toner IN. Other products are going down so slowly at the moment. That might be a good thing as most of the Christmas sets I've sen so far dont remotely appeal even at half price in the sales...maybe I'm cured....again
    Originally posted by seasideDreamer

oooh came on to report that I'd got this too and the cleanser as I have two phones
    Also received a body and face gel to test. Reading the instructions I've to apply twice a day, but I find it most odd! Very sticky and has an unusual texture. No idea of make though.

No more UUs though to offset these yet.
    • Houseplant26
    • By Houseplant26 15th Oct 16, 5:02 PM
    • 288 Posts
    • 1,185 Thanks
    Houseplant26
    I'm having the sort of day at work where I need a handsome man to rock up and slather me in the best smelling distressing body butter that has ever existed. Oh and bring chocolate.
    • gemmajenkins0208
    • By gemmajenkins0208 15th Oct 16, 6:07 PM
    • 290 Posts
    • 1,562 Thanks
    gemmajenkins0208
    I never got around to doing what I wanted to do this morning as I have had a very busy day, just as well really as it has been heaving with rain here all day, I have a small handful of massive spots coming up and my shoulder/neck is hurting so much and I have no idea why

• bingbon
    • By bingbon 15th Oct 16, 7:15 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 1,738 Thanks
    bingbon
    Sorry you aren't having a good day, Houseplant and gemmajenkins! Hope things improve for you!
    And yay for being in your new house Gemzie121!

I have some UUS:
    14. Carino Coconut Conditioner WNBA. This was nowhere near heavy duty enough for my hair. Smelt nice though
    15. Candle Belle Granny Smith Mega Melt WMBA. Not my favourite of the Candle Belle ones but still very nice.
    16. Lush Monster’s Ball Bath Bomb WBA. This was lovely! I think it's a bit big. I'd rather it was a bit smaller and under £4 but I really enjoyed it. I will probably pick up one or two before they disappear after Hallowe'en.
    17. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation WDBA. Have already repurchased, I wouldn't go as far as to say it's a HG but it's the most reliable one I have.

And one IN. I got the Superdrug Optimum Birch Water Micellar Water while it was on an introductory price. I really didn't need it at all!

Re the earlier conversations about why we do what we do. I think I've gone full in on makeup etc because I didn't really get into it as young as everyone else I knew. I started wearing a bit of eye makeup when I was 19 and didn't start wearing a full 'face' until I was about 26. So maybe I'm making up for lost time?! It's the same with Lush; I only started buying Lush maybe 18 months ago and now it's a regular thing for me to buy.
    I don't spend huge amounts of money on other things like clothes or fancy holidays so I try not to feel too guilty about how much I buy - I'd never allow myself to get completely skint for the sake of makeup! - but i think I need to be more realistic about how much I can possibly get through especially with things that can go off.
    There are still some things I'm really lazy about. I don't properly brush my hair everyday because I always wear it up. And I'll admit to not always brushing my teeth before I go to bed too as someone else mentioned! I do most of the time but every now and again, I just want to fall into bed!

As for the PYN idea as Houseplant mentioned, I wouldn't do it on a specific day because my job means my nails don't last more than 2 days but I'll definitely mention whenever I do it. I GA the few nail polishes I had a couple of months ago because I never painted my nails - they were all colours I didn't like from beauty boxes anyway. Then I got bored when I was off sick, ordered a couple of polishes and haven't had bare nails since. Typical! It's scary how quickly a collection can grow when you buy from Primark, Poundland etc. I will decide whether to start counting them again in the new year I think.
    Just painted mine with a dark hunter green called Ranger. It's a £1.50 gel effect from Primark.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend!
    • bingbon
    • By bingbon 15th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 210 Posts
    • 1,738 Thanks
    bingbon
    Very jealous about all your lush! With samples are they good at giving them out? Do you just ask in store?

I feel like I'm being a bit enabling and enabled on the shopping front!
    Originally posted by Houseplant26
    I was wondering about all your samples too, Gemzie! What kind of size sample do they give for shower gels?
    • gemmajenkins0208
    • By gemmajenkins0208 15th Oct 16, 7:32 PM
    • 290 Posts
    • 1,562 Thanks
    gemmajenkins0208
    bingbon - thank you for your input re: earlier conversation. It was me who said about not always brushing teeth before bed.

I also do not brush my hair properly every day as I work 5 days out of 7 and need to wear it up at work, unless of course I decide to lop it all off!

I am seriously considering it to be honest. The only thing holding me back is due to my build and from when I had it cut short about 6 years ago, I just felt it made me look like a butch lesbian! I really cannot help but browse short styles etc on the web though!

Oh and also my boyfriend likes my hair long too
    • seasideDreamer
    • By seasideDreamer 15th Oct 16, 9:46 PM
    • 1,301 Posts
    • 9,903 Thanks
    seasideDreamer
    UU here, Timotei Vivid Colour Conditioner. Really hope I get time for a nice relaxing bath and pamper tomorrow by body feels like its needing a nice soak.
    Debt free and busy treating myself

No more toiletries/make up until I've used what I've got stashed since Jan 2011, graduated October 2012. Restocked Dec 13..damn those sales
    • InaPickle
    • By InaPickle 16th Oct 16, 12:11 AM
    • 5,882 Posts
    • 32,689 Thanks
    InaPickle
    Hello ladies!

Quick UU (whilc I was in the shower and had no replacement, no less!): Creightons Perfect Blonde Intensive Care Conditioner.

WIBA? Current HG product. Not perfect, but as near as I have found and for a mere 89p a bottle, I'm not complaining!
    Please call me 'Pickle'
    No More Buying Books: read 11/25, Bought .
    No More Buying DVDs: 38/25; In: 7
    NMB Toiletries GA/TA: 66; In: 78 GRADUATED!
    ~Proud to be dealing with her debts 1198~

• Gemzie121
    • By Gemzie121 16th Oct 16, 5:16 AM
    • 616 Posts
    • 4,128 Thanks
    Gemzie121
    With the lush samples, i order a lot from the lush kitchen and online, and if you put in the section where you can tick 'gift' you can write a comment of 'please can i have samples included' and they will send you out 3 or 4 little black pots or little chunks of soap or fun bars to try. Ive asked for soecific requests before of products i wanted to try or requests such as 'fun bars' or 'soaps' etc and if they have it they are always very obliging. Ive always had samples when ive requested them. If you ask in store too about specific products they are usually happy to do you a sample to take home. I have a couple of friends who like lush too so we often swap products and send each other samples. Definitely always worth asking for them. I love keeping a little collection of them for holidays, hospital etc as they are singular use size (although ive gotten a good few uses out of a karma kream sample).

I have a uu and some ins to report:

UUs:

Dove beauty finish roll on deodorant - WNBA didnt like the smell of this. It did do the job well but theres other products out there i prefer the scent of.

Now for the ins, i decided to get a few of the new halloween & christmas bits in lush. I really wanted monsters ball but they didnt have any in stock so will order a couple online to try. Mr sandman is the exact twilight smell, so so good.

Lush santasaurus bubble bar
    Lush pumpkin bath bomb
    Lush mr sandman dusting powder
    Lush shoot for the stars bath bomb
    Lush sugar plum fairy lip scrub
    Lush autumn leaf bath bomb
    Lush penguin bubble bar
    Lush never mind the balistics bath bomb
    Lush northern lights bath bomb
    Lush mistletoe bath bomb
    Lush reindeer rock soap

X 11 in
    No buying unnecessary toiletries 2015 & 2016

Uu's: 492 In's: 418 (lush/ bomb cosmetics addict!!)
    • VALM
    • By VALM 16th Oct 16, 7:35 AM
    • 3,338 Posts
    • 31,348 Thanks
    VALM
    My UUs slowed down last week but I think I have 5 items that could go this week.

My current 15ml Elemis PCMC
    8ml pot of L'Occitane immortelle cream
    Pump bottle (maybe 200ml of Australian Bidy Care tea tree body lotion
    Tube of Savlon
    Lush Brazened Honey mask
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,844Posts Today

7,336Users online

Martin's Twitter