Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Jo4
    • By Jo4 30th Sep 16, 10:05 PM
    • 6,565Posts
    • 4,752Thanks
    Jo4
    Lebara Money Credit Card - Keep or Replace?
    • 30th Sep 16, 10:05 PM
    Lebara Money Credit Card - Keep or Replace? 30th Sep 16 at 10:05 PM
    I took a Lebara Money Card out for someone else and I received the following email on the 11th August but I am only remembering about it now,

"Dear Cardholder,

This is to give you 60 days notification in accordance with clause 13.1 of the Lebara Prepaid MasterCard® terms and conditions that with effect from 28th August 2016 there will be a minor change in the terms and conditions and there will no longer be an automatic renewal when your card expires and the card will no longer be renewed. If you wish to cancel your card now you can by contacting us at lebara-money@qcs-uk.com and there will be no redemption fee.
    You do not need to take any action now but if you have any other questions please contact our customer service on 01235 252000.

Lebara Customer Service Team"

Should I close this account? As far as I remember 2 years ago £20 had to be paid for the 2 cards for the account. Is there any similar card which you would recommend that doesn't charge fees and which when you credit it the cash is available to spend immediately?
    Aiming for 18 NSDs in November 2016 - 9 / 14
    January 2016 - 22; February - 15; March - 22; April - 18; May - 23; June - 19; July (Holidays) - 8; August - 21; September - 22; October - 18
Page 2
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 11th Oct 16, 10:15 PM
    • 9,958 Posts
    • 4,185 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    Sign up on your or their partner's Smartphone, but with their SIM/phone number. You can enter the virtual card details on to Paypal within minutes of signup.

No one will be able to access the account without permission, as a shortcode will be sent to the registered number. Which will be hers or her partner's phone.

So they can simply borrow your phone for a minute in order to check the account from time to time. They can sign in from yours say and when the shortcode is sent to their phone, you can enter it on yours to complete the sign in.

Partner can make a bank transfer to the Revolut account, so again no need to access via the app.
    Can just sign in from time to time to check all is ok....or to block the card.
    • NiftyDigits
    • By NiftyDigits 11th Oct 16, 10:18 PM
    • 9,958 Posts
    • 4,185 Thanks
    NiftyDigits
    On the other hand, a Virgin Money Essential account supplies a Visa debit on which you cannot be overdrawn.

http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/current-account/essential-current-account.jsp

Though of course it will take longer to receive a card.
    • Jo4
    • By Jo4 11th Oct 16, 10:28 PM
    • 6,565 Posts
    • 4,752 Thanks
    Jo4
    On the other hand, a Virgin Money Essential account supplies a Visa debit on which you cannot be overdrawn.

http://uk.virginmoney.com/virgin/current-account/essential-current-account.jsp

Though of course it will take longer to receive a card.
    Originally posted by NiftyDigits
    A bank account is a definite no no for them.
    January 2016 - 22; February - 15; March - 22; April - 18; May - 23; June - 19; July (Holidays) - 8; August - 21; September - 22; October - 18
    • Jo4
    • By Jo4 11th Oct 16, 10:32 PM
    • 6,565 Posts
    • 4,752 Thanks
    Jo4
    Sign up on your or their partner's Smartphone, but with their SIM/phone number. You can enter the virtual card details on to Paypal within minutes of signup.

No one will be able to access the account without permission, as a shortcode will be sent to the registered number. Which will be hers or her partner's phone.

So they can simply borrow your phone for a minute in order to check the account from time to time. They can sign in from yours say and when the shortcode is sent to their phone, you can enter it on yours to complete the sign in.

Partner can make a bank transfer to the Revolut account, so again no need to access via the app.
    Can just sign in from time to time to check all is ok....or to block the card.
    Originally posted by NiftyDigits
    Thanks!!

They also have an iPhone 4.

My phone is short on memory but I will check if I could download it for them. I live a distance from them but they could phone me.

I'll try now and see what happens.
    • Jo4
    • By Jo4 11th Oct 16, 10:44 PM
    • 6,565 Posts
    • 4,752 Thanks
    Jo4
    I don't believe it my phone battery needs recharged before I got the chance to try. They are tired and going to bed shortly so I may try tomorrow when I get my phone charged and I can call them if need be.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

275Posts Today

1,630Users online

Martin's Twitter