Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • andromedean
    • By andromedean 30th Sep 16, 9:27 PM
    • 36Posts
    • 6Thanks
    andromedean
    0 WOW
    Do you find Hotel Rooms uncomfortably hot at this time of year?
    • 30th Sep 16, 9:27 PM
    0 WOW
    Do you find Hotel Rooms uncomfortably hot at this time of year? 30th Sep 16 at 9:27 PM
    I always seem to find hotel rooms uncomfortably hot for sleeping in, does anyone else?

I've just booked out of a Travelodge and it was cooking in the bedroom ~24C at a guess and even hotter in the corridors. Perhaps it's me who has become hot blooded or the time of year it's still warm but the central heating is turned on, but the first thing I have to do is open the window which of course increases the noise from outside. Thankfully they had a fan to circulate the air. It's a dreadful waste of money and energy though.

This engineering toolbox guide (I can't post the link) suggests a suitable temperature for a hotel room is 21C, although bedrooms should be 18C and Corridors 16C. Which seems about right for me. I guess most people treat Travelodge as something to sleep in and should be treated as a bedroom rather than living space. Those rooms have a separate heater for those who need it warmer anyway.

engineeringtoolbox.com
    Last edited by andromedean; 30-09-2016 at 9:33 PM.
Page 1
    • sheramber
    • By sheramber 1st Oct 16, 4:25 PM
    • 2,741 Posts
    • 2,133 Thanks
    sheramber
    • 1st Oct 16, 4:25 PM
    • 1st Oct 16, 4:25 PM
    When we visit a hotel at any time of year the first thing we do is turn off the radiator and open a window of necessary. We like a cool bedroom.

A local B& B has to have the central heating on in the summer as visitors from abroad are cold.

My son's girlfriend is from Romania and in August she sat right next to our wood fuel stove. It is cold at 19 degrees when you are used to 30 - 40 degrees.
    • Gloomendoom
    • By Gloomendoom 1st Oct 16, 6:33 PM
    • 11,488 Posts
    • 15,390 Thanks
    Gloomendoom
    • 1st Oct 16, 6:33 PM
    • 1st Oct 16, 6:33 PM
    We always light the fires in mid summer when my wife's sister and family come to visit from Australia.

Luckily, we are quite tolerant when it comes to sleeping in hot temperatures. As long as it doesn't top 30 we are usually OK.
    Advice; it rhymes with mice. Advise; it rhymes with wise.
    • stockton
    • By stockton 4th Oct 16, 11:33 AM
    • 247 Posts
    • 113 Thanks
    stockton
    • 4th Oct 16, 11:33 AM
    • 4th Oct 16, 11:33 AM
    I was recently checking out tripadvisor reviews on Travelodges in London in anticipation of booking a holiday there. I was amazed at how many people in different hotels had complained of the heat in July and August. The main complaints were that the hotels had no air conditioning. The windows only partially opened (for safety reasons) and hence there was little cooling from outside. Fans provided were small and inadequate.
    • photome
    • By photome 15th Oct 16, 9:26 AM
    • 12,003 Posts
    • 7,515 Thanks
    photome
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:26 AM
    • 15th Oct 16, 9:26 AM
    The 10.5 tog quilt that premier inns have are way to heavy/hot at any time of the year.

I never use more than 4.5 tog at home and never have the heat on in the bedroom, still using a 1 tog at the moment.

Used a premier inn this past week and was sweating all night
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,378Posts Today

5,975Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Going to a very exciting premier right now... with Mrs and mini MSE, to the screening of "we're going on a bear hunt"

• No. Not a huge fan. Never claimed to be.Just a fan. And one who choose to prioritise family time with his little gi? https://t.co/lZ9uUylk2U

• I've just checked the score. You're right. What happened? https://t.co/5E7y52r47o

• Follow Martin