Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 30th Sep 16, 2:54 PM
    • 5,876Posts
    • 18,751Thanks
    Doc N
    0 WOW
    Radio Times 12 for 1 including the double Christmas issue
    • 30th Sep 16, 2:54 PM
    0 WOW
    Radio Times 12 for 1 including the double Christmas issue 30th Sep 16 at 2:54 PM
    An earlier Radio Times (now 2.30 per issue to buy) had a leaflet with it containing some good offers:

http://www.buysubscriptions.com/summer

Probably the best of the offers is the Radio Times 12 issues for 1, but there are several more good offers on the same link which might do for yourself or Christmas presents.

The Radio Times '12 issues for 1' offer includes the double Christmas issue, so the saving isn't far short of 30 over the 12 issues.

Cancel the direct debit before the second payment of 39 is taken if you choose to, or just let it run (which is what they want, of course). It's still a bargain, even at 39 for 26 issues (59.80 cover price, even without any price increases).

Quidco or Topcashback will probably even get you your 1 back!
    Last edited by Doc N; 03-10-2016 at 6:26 AM.
Page 1
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 30th Sep 16, 3:19 PM
    • 8,502 Posts
    • 97,988 Thanks
    emerald21
    • 30th Sep 16, 3:19 PM
    • 30th Sep 16, 3:19 PM
    When I did it last time a couple of months ago I only received the one and that was that . No mention of cancellation.
    • JJ Egan
    • By JJ Egan 30th Sep 16, 3:28 PM
    • 8,833 Posts
    • 3,573 Thanks
    JJ Egan
    • 30th Sep 16, 3:28 PM
    • 30th Sep 16, 3:28 PM
    That 1 RT offer has been on for years .
    I pay 52p for TV Choices with all the info but it does lack the RT articles .
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 30th Sep 16, 3:55 PM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 30th Sep 16, 3:55 PM
    • 30th Sep 16, 3:55 PM
    When I did it last time a couple of months ago I only received the one and that was that . No mention of cancellation.
    Originally posted by emerald21
    Didn't you chase it up with them? Can't say I've ever had a problem with them.

The offer varies according to the time of year between 6 and 12 copies for 1, but it's never just one!
    • Money maker
    • By Money maker 30th Sep 16, 4:04 PM
    • 4,623 Posts
    • 10,578 Thanks
    Money maker
    • 30th Sep 16, 4:04 PM
    • 30th Sep 16, 4:04 PM
    Thanks for the reminder, Doc. I was refused the last offer (think I've done too many) so pleased I've been accepted today. Hopefully TCB will come good too.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • fredandwilma
    • By fredandwilma 30th Sep 16, 4:18 PM
    • 591 Posts
    • 947 Thanks
    fredandwilma
    • 30th Sep 16, 4:18 PM
    • 30th Sep 16, 4:18 PM
    Thanks for the reminder, Doc. I was refused the last offer (think I've done too many) so pleased I've been accepted today. Hopefully TCB will come good too.
    Originally posted by Money maker

I was refused the last offer too. I rang them and was told, 3 strikes and you're out, (you can only apply three times.)

Maybe it's worth another try if you've been accepted. Have you received your confirmation letter of DD?

Ordered and confirmed but that doesn't mean to say it will be accepted.
    Last edited by fredandwilma; 30-09-2016 at 4:37 PM. Reason: added comment
    yabba dabba don't
    • lucys mum
    • By lucys mum 30th Sep 16, 4:53 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    lucys mum
    • 30th Sep 16, 4:53 PM
    • 30th Sep 16, 4:53 PM
    have ordered but as I have never done this before could someone please advise when I should cancel standing order?
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 30th Sep 16, 5:03 PM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    • 30th Sep 16, 5:03 PM
    • 30th Sep 16, 5:03 PM
    have ordered but as I have never done this before could someone please advise when I should cancel standing order?
    Originally posted by lucys mum
    It's a direct debit they set up, and you need to cancel it with your bank in good time (at least a week) to stop the first 39 payment being taken. You should get a letter or an email showing the actual date. To be on the safe side you should also cancel with buysubscriptions at that point.

There's no reason actually why you shouldn't cancel the DD immediately after the initial 1 has been taken if you choose to - just advise buysubscriptions and ask them to stop after the initial 12 issues.
    • emerald21
    • By emerald21 30th Sep 16, 5:47 PM
    • 8,502 Posts
    • 97,988 Thanks
    emerald21
    • 30th Sep 16, 5:47 PM
    • 30th Sep 16, 5:47 PM
    Didn't you chase it up with them? Can't say I've ever had a problem with them.

The offer varies according to the time of year between 6 and 12 copies for 1, but it's never just one!
    Originally posted by Doc N
    Hi no I didn t bother as I'd heard of that happening to others . Would like the 12 that include Christmas and New Year though.
    • melbury
    • By melbury 30th Sep 16, 8:26 PM
    • 8,945 Posts
    • 12,530 Thanks
    melbury
    That 1 RT offer has been on for years .
    I pay 52p for TV Choices with all the info but it does lack the RT articles .
    Originally posted by JJ Egan
    I also now buy the 52p TV Choices, which I think is perfectly okay. OH moans about it because he says you don't get all of the channels that RT has, but too bad.

Last time I took up the RT offer I did actually let the subscription carry on for nearly two years, but then it just got too expensive - they nearly doubled it so I cancelled
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time

• Money maker
    • By Money maker 1st Oct 16, 12:39 AM
    • 4,623 Posts
    • 10,578 Thanks
    Money maker
    I was refused the last offer too. I rang them and was told, 3 strikes and you're out, (you can only apply three times.)

Maybe it's worth another try if you've been accepted. Have you received your confirmation letter of DD?

Ordered and confirmed but that doesn't mean to say it will be accepted.
    Originally posted by fredandwilma
    Fingers crossed, last time they didn't let me enter any details, just said I had already had the offer. TCB have tracked the 1 already.

Think it's going to be ok.
    Please do not quote spam as this enables it to 'live on' once the spam post is removed.

If you quote me, don't forget the capital 'M'

Declutterers of the world - unite!
    • getmore4less
    • By getmore4less 1st Oct 16, 1:43 AM
    • 26,245 Posts
    • 15,785 Thanks
    getmore4less
    Anyone know the latest start date this time I don't want Oct or Nov.

Used quidco last time 1 tracked so free

Edit :

latest date to start was mid Jan so plenty of options to decide which period you want to cover, went for Dec-Feb.
    Last edited by getmore4less; 01-10-2016 at 8:52 AM.
    • Sandy33
    • By Sandy33 7th Oct 16, 11:18 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Sandy33
    Not sure if anyone else has seen this but if you take out your subscription with Top Cash Back or Quidco you can get 5 cash back!!!
    • DigForVictory
    • By DigForVictory 7th Oct 16, 11:35 AM
    • 5,940 Posts
    • 14,911 Thanks
    DigForVictory
    Bless you OP & all posters both for reminding me of this *&* of the TopCashBack!

Part of my Christmas Holiday is charting out what to watch, to listen to & what to plan to catch up. It so rarely *actually* happens (family after all!), but it is nice to know when things are supposed to happen.
    • melbury
    • By melbury 8th Oct 16, 6:25 PM
    • 8,945 Posts
    • 12,530 Thanks
    melbury
    Not sure if anyone else has seen this but if you take out your subscription with Top Cash Back or Quidco you can get 5 cash back!!!
    Originally posted by Sandy33
    Oh darn it!

I wasn't even going to bother to try and get this again, but then they sent me an email with the offer, so I thought well why not give it a go. I haven't been advised yet that I can't have it.

Just wish I had known about the Topcashback - that would have been the icing on the cake
    Stopped smoking 27/12/2007, but could start again at any time

• paul2louise
    • By paul2louise 17th Oct 16, 7:12 PM
    • 1,587 Posts
    • 640 Thanks
    paul2louise
    Originally posted by Sandy33
    Its a 1 casback for the radiotimes, unless your subscription is 5 or more then you can claim 5 CB.
    • shortone
    • By shortone 23rd Oct 16, 6:00 PM
    • 125 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    shortone
    missing issues
    Hi
    I have had RT before but it accepted my order,

I got one for last week but nothing for this week!

I have emailed them but to date.....nothing
    • Clowance
    • By Clowance 24th Oct 16, 7:43 AM
    • 1,623 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    Clowance
    Also had one issue only, nothing for second week.
    suspect they have dropped us, as I have had offer before.
    Don't forget quidco/topcashback - I do!
    • Doc N
    • By Doc N 24th Oct 16, 8:09 AM
    • 5,876 Posts
    • 18,751 Thanks
    Doc N
    Hi
    I have had RT before but it accepted my order,

I got one for last week but nothing for this week!

I have emailed them but to date.....nothing
    Originally posted by shortone
    Also had one issue only, nothing for second week.
    suspect they have dropped us, as I have had offer before.
    Originally posted by Clowance
    That's odd - I've never known them stop a subscription once the order's been accepted.

Did you get the normal written confirmation from Immediate Media showing details of the direct debit (name, account number, collection dates and amounts)?
    • shortone
    • By shortone 24th Oct 16, 9:12 AM
    • 125 Posts
    • 38 Thanks
    shortone
    Missing issues
    Hi Doc N

I have the confirmation email. its all very strange.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,769Posts Today

7,616Users online

Martin's Twitter