ATB'S Frugal Foray to Freedom

Comments

• Good evening :)

Boy it's cold. Kiddies are in bed with their fleecy onesies on and extra blankets.

We have shuffled £350 to the OP pot this evening, still no reply from our mortgage lender as to whether our OP allowance has reset to the full ten percent so for now we keep shuffling.

Turns out we do need some bits from the supermarket so I'll be heading there with a very short list tomorrow. Beer, bananas and butter - oh, and baked beans! All the Bs!

Dinner tomorrow is pork fillet from the freezer - I'm :drool::drool: at the thought already!

Sleep well all x
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Brrr its so cold out there and blowing a gale! We are all rather reluctant to get moving this morning, even the dog didn't want to go out for a wee!

£61 OP made :)
    Pennies shuffled to what I am now going to call our Offset pot :)
    Written a list for the shops which I will NOT deviate from :)

Nothing else exciting to report. I am finding being in the 30s the toughest bracket we have been in for some reason - seemingly never ending. However, the 20s are pretty close now, and certainly in a month's time we will be there. Just got to keep focussed - and keep the January blues at bay!

ATB xx
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
  • Kittenkirst
    Kittenkirst Posts: 2,563 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Some good money shuffling going on ATB. It's pretty chilly here too with a smattering of frost & snow. Perfect day to work from home and avoid the outdoors! :)
    First home- Oct’16 until June’21: £170.995- Overpayments made £13,784 (25% extra!).
    New forever home- Sep’21 £309,449 @ 2.05%. Plan to clear it before 30 years!!!!!!
  • £17 spent at Aldi :T that included some flowers for my grandma and DH beer.

Having a good clean up now, looking forward to the postie coming in case he brings me a letter from mortgage company how sad am I :rotfl: x
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I could do with a bunch of cheerful daffodils, did you find any? I did buy daffodil amd tulip bulbs in the autumn but only got around to planting a few in pots due to the extension and front and back gardens resembling a building site!

Almost in the 20's!
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • CathT wrote: »
    I could do with a bunch of cheerful daffodils, did you find any? I did buy daffodil amd tulip bulbs in the autumn but only got around to planting a few in pots due to the extension and front and back gardens resembling a building site!

Almost in the 20's!

Hi Cath, yes I got some in Aldi for 95p - they are lovely.

Been sprinting round the house like a mad thing doing chores. Also done some invoicing for DH (including the big job I mentioned - hurrah! That's February's OP money sorted), emptied the bins, sorted the recycling and washed the dogs bedding.

DS is watching Toy Story 3, and we will soon be braving the elements to collect DD from school. Must call at the bottle bank en route.
  • Katzen
    Katzen Posts: 535 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Hi ATB,
    a glass of wine in the bath would be lovely but sadly I'm currently cooking number two so I have to make do with a cup of hot milk! Well done on only spending £17 in Aldi. I always come out with something from the middle aisle. This week it was a ski jacket in the next size up to put away for DS for his winter coat for next year! Money saved in the long run but not strictly needed right this minute!
    Mortgage Outstanding Nov '16 £142,772.75
    Mortgage Additional OPs 2017 Target £4522.80/ Actual £865.00
    GC Feb 0/£200
  • Katzen- how lovely, when are you due?

Morning all :)

It's still gloomy outside but the forecast assures me it's going to be sunny all day, albeit bitingly cold. We have all slept like logs - both kids have had 13 hours solid! But as a consequence are now bouncing off the walls, so we need to exhaust them today!

We will be mainly outside today, vacuuming leaves, cutting some dead plants back and generally trying to get a little bit of much needed vitamin D. No money spends required, just the way I like it :D

Have lovely days all xx
  • :T £80 shuffled to the 'Offset pot' - still no reply from mortgage company so I think I'll write to them again on Monday
    :T all leaves vacuumed up & garden looking good
    :T DH cleaned the car
    :T off out to walk the dog now.

The sun is glorious, we are forecast rain tomorrow so must make the most of it

ATB x
  • Good Morning,

Well yesterday after our lovely walk we did go to the shops - I had forgotten the kids had some Christmas money to spend. O.M.G. I never go to the shops normally, preferring to spend online if I need something. It was hell on earth. Queues of people and cars, waiting to get both in and out (at 4.30!); everyone was laden with bags and the big toy store was heaving.

DH and I couldn't believe it. The children chose their gift and we left pronto, however it took us half an hour to get out of the car park! It basically summed up everything we don't like about what the world is becoming.

Anyway, onto today :) Volunteering this morning, then baking the cookies for packed lunches this afternoon. It's pouring it down here so sadly no outdoor play for the children.

Absolutely no money being spent at all.

ATB x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure