Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 27th Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    • 58Posts
    • 49Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Boston Duvet & Pillow Company
    • 27th Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    0 WOW
    Boston Duvet & Pillow Company 27th Sep 16 at 4:14 PM
    Hey forumites

We've blagged a deal at the Boston Duvet & Pillow Company, that gets you an extra 25% off already discounted posh bedding. Check out the deal here - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/boston-duvet-and-pillow-company#boston25

We'd love to know if you have any feedback:

- Did you like it?
    - Have you used it?
    - Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
    Last edited by MSE Sarah; 27-09-2016 at 4:25 PM.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 5
    • caroline55
    • By caroline55 8th Mar 17, 1:35 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    caroline55
    My pillows arrived and I was shocked how bad they were. There is no way that mine were either Fogarty , or M & S ..... serves me right ..... if it seems to good to be true - it usually always is .... wish not bothered ..
    • Amandahhh1
    • By Amandahhh1 8th Mar 17, 4:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Amandahhh1
    Used it
    Liked it
    Beautiful quilts as described
    Happy customer
    • simalien
    • By simalien 9th Mar 17, 7:29 PM
    • 4 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    simalien
    Why is delivery such a problem?
    what a shame
    Delivery from £2.99*
    *Please note we do not currently ship to Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands & The Highlands and Islands

Originally posted by johnnyinbelfast
    You would imagine in this day and age that companies should not find it a problem to send items to other parts of the UK, doesnt Royal Mail deliver everywhere, not to mention the plethora of delivery companies like Yodel, Hermes, DHL, etc.
    • kracazol
    • By kracazol 9th Mar 17, 8:42 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    kracazol
    Help
    I have ordered some pillows and a mattress cover from Boston. As soon as i saw them i was disappointed, they just don't look or feel quality through the packaging. I came on MSE and read this forum which confirmed they probably are not very good quality.

My dilemma is should i open them so that i can see exactly how good or bad they are, they have stickers sealing them closed which say if i open them i cant return them. I read Martins guide of returning mail order items which does not list bedding in the list of items excluded from the 14 day return rule. Am i entitled to open them to inspect the quality or do i have to gamble?

Sounds a bit silly if they have struck a deal with a consumer rights group and then denied those consumers their rights!!!
    • Wednesday100
    • By Wednesday100 11th Mar 17, 7:07 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Wednesday100
    In reply to the last post, I don't know the answer, but it might be worth calling the company on the customer service number that was included with the item paperwork. They were pretty efficient when I called them.

Although not happy that I did not think their duvet was fit for purpose, they did send me return packaging (arriving the next day) with a Freepost label attached to send it back. Now waiting to see if my refund goes as smoothly.
    • newleaf
    • By newleaf 14th Mar 17, 12:03 PM
    • 2,982 Posts
    • 3,404 Thanks
    newleaf
    My 10.5 tog 'silk blend' Fogarty quilt came this morning; beautiful quality quilt for £20 - less than half what they cost in Dunelm. I'm very happy.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
    • MoreDashThanCash
    • By MoreDashThanCash 17th Mar 17, 11:58 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MoreDashThanCash
    Boston Duvet and Pillow Company
    I ordered the single wool duvet from this deal, thinking it was one hell of a bargain at £30, but apparently not. It's the mothercare "acclimatiser duvet" which was recently on sale for £17.50 and was only £30 full price. Unimpressed.
    Originally posted by CelticWitch
    Yes, I bought two of these. I think the quality is good but their website is 'misleading' (possibly dishonest, but I reserve judgement until they reply to my email). They say the duvets are 10.5 tog, but they are Mothercare, and the Acclimatiser duvet (if that is indeed what they are) is only 4.0 tog.

That, coupled with Mothercare selling them for £17.50 recently (sold out now) leaves me feeling somewhat annoyed and 'ripped off'. Boston's 'comparison price' is £89.99! Highly suspect.

They say on the packaging that if they are opened, you can't get a refund unless the product is faulty, meaning you can't see which company the duvets have been made for so can't make a proper comparison until it's too late.

That's beside the point really, since you trust a company website to tell the truth (I do anyway, if seemingly endorsed by MSE).

Disappointing, since I trust MSE to give us good offers.
    Last edited by MoreDashThanCash; 17-03-2017 at 12:01 PM.
    • Wednesday100
    • By Wednesday100 21st Mar 17, 11:54 PM
    • 44 Posts
    • 18 Thanks
    Wednesday100
    I sent BDPC a chasing e-mail last night to ask about the status of my return. To be fair to them, the e-mail was acknowledged first thing this morning and my order marked as refunded shortly afterwards. The lesson learnt for me is that it is hard to judge the quality and value for money of quilts and pillows sold online.
    Last edited by Wednesday100; 22-03-2017 at 11:48 AM. Reason: Reflect recent communication with the vendor
    • MoreDashThanCash
    • By MoreDashThanCash 12th Apr 17, 2:05 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    MoreDashThanCash
    Disappointed
    Yes, I bought two of these. I think the quality is good but their website is 'misleading' (possibly dishonest, but I reserve judgement until they reply to my email). They say the duvets are 10.5 tog, but they are Mothercare, and the Acclimatiser duvet (if that is indeed what they are) is only 4.0 tog.

That, coupled with Mothercare selling them for £17.50 recently (sold out now) leaves me feeling somewhat annoyed and 'ripped off'. Boston's 'comparison price' is £89.99! Highly suspect.

They say on the packaging that if they are opened, you can't get a refund unless the product is faulty, meaning you can't see which company the duvets have been made for so can't make a proper comparison until it's too late.

That's beside the point really, since you trust a company website to tell the truth (I do anyway, if seemingly endorsed by MSE).

Disappointing, since I trust MSE to give us good offers.
    Originally posted by MoreDashThanCash
    No reply received from Boston Duvet Company. I shall be more wary of trusting MSE's 'special deals' in future.
    • mucky
    • By mucky 19th Apr 17, 5:34 AM
    • 108 Posts
    • 55 Thanks
    mucky
    Does anyone know which duvets centre parts use currently please?
    • Eclipser
    • By Eclipser 19th Apr 17, 9:33 AM
    • 117 Posts
    • 78 Thanks
    Eclipser
    Once again a blagged offer does not apply to Northern Ireland

Shame MSE thought you are better than this!

Hey forumites

We've blagged a deal at the Boston Duvet & Pillow Company, that gets you an extra 25% off already discounted posh bedding. Check out the deal here - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/boston-duvet-and-pillow-company#boston25

We'd love to know if you have any feedback:

- Did you like it?
    - Have you used it?
    - Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
    Originally posted by MSE Sarah
    Last edited by Eclipser; 19-04-2017 at 9:35 AM.
    • Maidenover
    • By Maidenover 19th Apr 17, 10:35 AM
    • 84 Posts
    • 14 Thanks
    Maidenover
    Duvet offer
    I tried to buy duvets this morning but cannot get into website fully. It won't allow me to select size when I go to purchase items. Anyone else having a problem?
    • ella1818
    • By ella1818 19th Apr 17, 10:49 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    ella1818
    I can't get the site to work...won't let me add anything to basket.
    • summerof0763
    • By summerof0763 19th Apr 17, 11:18 AM
    • 794 Posts
    • 815 Thanks
    summerof0763
    I bought a new king size duvet and two pilliws in the last deal and everthing was perfect the pillows are an absolute must have.i have bought cheap pillows and also expensive ones and i bought 2 for £8 plus my discount and have to say the pillows are a must have the duvet i have kept for next winter .
    Today i have bought anotger 2 of same pillows for my guest room with code fantastic bargain .know where i am buying from now on xx
    i came into the world with nothing,and guess what? i still have it!!!
    • Distracted94
    • By Distracted94 19th Apr 17, 11:21 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Distracted94
    I can't use the site either - with safari and internet explorer the dropdown menus to select size don't work (am trying to order a duvet), with Microsoft edge the dropdown works but it won't let me add anything to cart so I can't order and there is no contact telephone number on their website. I have emailed them.
    • Distracted94
    • By Distracted94 19th Apr 17, 12:12 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Distracted94
    I did get a quick reply from them, although they just suggested to keep trying. They suggested that the website is experiencing glitches due to the volume of traffic caused by this MSE offer. I still couldn't get the site to work using internet explorer but I did eventually manage to make a purchase using Microsoft edge (there is no alternative option of ordering by telephone apparently). So it is worth keeping on trying if it's not working for you.
    • made_in_Ireland
    • By made_in_Ireland 19th Apr 17, 4:19 PM
    • 8 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    made_in_Ireland
    rubbish quality
    Last time there was a deal I ordered a double mattress topper and got a very thin mattress protector instead. I emailed them to complain and never had the courtesy of a reply. When I moved mouse over the photo it even came up as a mattress protector though they described in as a thick topper. Not impressed at all. Stuck in on spare bed.
    Waddle you do eh?
    • Peter Tugwell
    • By Peter Tugwell 19th Apr 17, 9:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Peter Tugwell
    Waste of time!!!!
    Just wasted over 20 minutes trying to order a duvet and pillows. Put code in and tried to pay 3 times.....nothing happened. I created an account and tried again another 3 times and nothing!!!!

No confirmation or change of screen so I assume nothing taken from my card.

Their page does say deliveries may be delayed due to the bad weather we are having so not sure where they are!!!????

Any way don't be fooled like I was by MSE, this company is a waste of time using

very annoyed
    • doveman
    • By doveman 19th Apr 17, 11:46 PM
    • 134 Posts
    • 20 Thanks
    doveman
    Not sure what's so great about paying £9.99 (inc. delivery) for two polyester filled pillows when I can get two from Wilkinsons for £8 http://www.wilko.com/pillows/wilko-ultra-bounce-pillow-2pk-48-x-74cm/invt/0324887
    • Rajah
    • By Rajah 20th Apr 17, 8:56 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Rajah
    Problems with ordering
    I have tried to place an order for quilt and pillows and am a little concerned now as I entered all my details including payment card and when I clicked 'Place Order' the text box remained red and nothing seems to have happened. I have been back in and tried 3 times to place the order but have now given up. It may be a screen error, but I am now worried that I have ordered 3 times, or more worryingly, my payment details have been captured - is this a genuine company? Has anyone else had this problem? It seems a bit dodgy to me.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

281Posts Today

1,937Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @EmmaDark30: @MartinSLewis off on holiday next month all paid for with free cash for switching bank accounts! Thank you!

• MSE weekly email: Big Energy Switch 7, £5 Next/Zara etc, buy euros now?, 10xNectar, 2for1 gardens, urgent easyjet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Today's Twitter poll 2: following on, which of these professions would you trust least if you were using their services?

• Follow Martin