Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Sarah
    • By MSE Sarah 27th Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    • 74Posts
    • 50Thanks
    MSE Sarah
    0 WOW
    Boston Duvet & Pillow Company
    • 27th Sep 16, 4:14 PM
    0 WOW
    Boston Duvet & Pillow Company 27th Sep 16 at 4:14 PM
    Hey forumites

We've blagged a deal at the Boston Duvet & Pillow Company, that gets you an extra 25% off already discounted posh bedding. Check out the deal here - http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/boston-duvet-and-pillow-company#boston25

We'd love to know if you have any feedback:

- Did you like it?
    - Have you used it?
    - Did you have any issues?

Thanks for your help!

MSE Sarah
    Last edited by MSE Sarah; 27-09-2016 at 4:25 PM.
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
Page 1
    • Mr_Singleton
    • By Mr_Singleton 27th Sep 16, 6:18 PM
    • 622 Posts
    • 1,391 Thanks
    Mr_Singleton
    • 27th Sep 16, 6:18 PM
    • 27th Sep 16, 6:18 PM
    Gosh, I bought a Canadian goose down duvet from John lewis for £570 and that's only 9 Tog and here are The Boston Duvet & Pillow Company doing a 10.5 Tog one for £12. How do they do it?
    • Dolliver
    • By Dolliver 28th Sep 16, 9:21 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Dolliver
    • 28th Sep 16, 9:21 AM
    • 28th Sep 16, 9:21 AM
    Not used them myself nor would I, all sounds a bit suss to me.
    1. the prices are way to low to be quality bedding. If its too good to be true then it probably is!
    2. why are they removing the labels? which begs the question are they genuine products!
    • JULIEGREW
    • By JULIEGREW 28th Sep 16, 9:47 AM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    JULIEGREW
    • 28th Sep 16, 9:47 AM
    Code didn't work
    • 28th Sep 16, 9:47 AM
    I added two items to basket, added MSE code, got the message 'code invalid'
    • DukeOfSomewhere
    • By DukeOfSomewhere 28th Sep 16, 9:52 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DukeOfSomewhere
    • 28th Sep 16, 9:52 AM
    • 28th Sep 16, 9:52 AM
    Interesting that you quote Boston don't sell seconds . . .
    Their outlet was set up in March 2016 and reading their own blog entry from that date, they clearly state that they do indeed sell seconds.

However, I've taken a punt and ordered a super king duvet for less than £18, including delivery.

Even if it's no good, the dogs will love it in their new bed, I'm sure. The bonus with the easy care ones . . . chuck them in the washer (the duvet, not the dogs!!)
    • maggie1948
    • By maggie1948 28th Sep 16, 9:58 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    maggie1948
    • 28th Sep 16, 9:58 AM
    Attempted to buy
    • 28th Sep 16, 9:58 AM
    I attempted to buy the luxury mattress cover with my credit card. Every time I tried to enter my credit card number it tried to complete it. After a few attempts to enter he first few numbers I gave up.

I have never had this kind of trouble before. Just hope this was a legit site as it has my details.
    • BonnyJock
    • By BonnyJock 28th Sep 16, 10:09 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    BonnyJock
    • 28th Sep 16, 10:09 AM
    Not really 'Luxury'
    • 28th Sep 16, 10:09 AM
    I've been researching quilts a lot lately as we need to upgrade and decided that a goose or duck down is the way to go, costs more but apparently last longer.

As far as I can see this site has nothing apart from the cheapest and lowest quality.

I'll continue shopping
    Last edited by BonnyJock; 28-09-2016 at 10:10 AM. Reason: title
    • Senga Yo
    • By Senga Yo 28th Sep 16, 10:15 AM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Senga Yo
    • 28th Sep 16, 10:15 AM
    Code
    • 28th Sep 16, 10:15 AM
    where on the order form is the place for the code?
    • johnnyinbelfast
    • By johnnyinbelfast 28th Sep 16, 10:43 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 13 Thanks
    johnnyinbelfast
    • 28th Sep 16, 10:43 AM
    too bad for anyone in NI etc
    • 28th Sep 16, 10:43 AM
    what a shame
    Delivery from £2.99*
    *Please note we do not currently ship to Northern Ireland, The Channel Islands & The Highlands and Islands

• greeneyedlad
    • By greeneyedlad 28th Sep 16, 10:45 AM
    • 79 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    greeneyedlad
    no feather
    i wanted a feather duvet & the only one they had was a single
    • DukeOfSomewhere
    • By DukeOfSomewhere 28th Sep 16, 11:02 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 3 Thanks
    DukeOfSomewhere
    Fogarty
    It would appear from my payment (Paypal) receipt that "Boston" comes under the umbrella of "Fogarty filled products"

Forgarty has been around in the bedding sector for many, many years . . . Based on that, I am more hopeful of a decent product.

Just goes to show how stores hike their prices and the public are ripped off by greedy retailers.

So . . . I'm flying the flag for "Fogarty" "Boston" and above all, a British Company.

Just hope my order is up to scratch after that!.
    • Derwick
    • By Derwick 28th Sep 16, 12:34 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Derwick
    Boston Fogarty
    When I went to pay for my purchase, Fogarty fillings also came up.

The only thing that concerns me is that I have seen Forgarty products for sale on market stalls in my town.

I await to see the quality, though the price is very good..............
    • Ungnome
    • By Ungnome 28th Sep 16, 12:51 PM
    • 35 Posts
    • 194 Thanks
    Ungnome
    Gosh, I bought a Canadian goose down duvet from John lewis for £570 and that's only 9 Tog and here are The Boston Duvet & Pillow Company doing a 10.5 Tog one for £12. How do they do it?
    Originally posted by Mr_Singleton
    I couldn't see any goose ones only duck. Unless they had sold out?
    I imagine yours probably has a high percentage of down compared to feather. I had such a headache comparing each one when I was looking.
    • Haffiana
    • By Haffiana 28th Sep 16, 1:26 PM
    • 731 Posts
    • 763 Thanks
    Haffiana
    These are feather and down, not down. Completely different.
    • abadozgirl03
    • By abadozgirl03 28th Sep 16, 3:05 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    abadozgirl03
    Just purchased 10.5 tog replacement duvet for our kingsize bed @ £16 minus the 25% and also bought 3 x 10.5 tog duck feather and down duvet for our boys single beds @ £16 minus the 25%. Total including the postage (£4.99) came to £52.99. Checked out other retailers for the duck feather and down duvet and cheapest I could find was £38 - so well impressed with the saving !!! Thanks MSE for the heads up.....just have to work out how to tell my husband I have spent his money now.

Can also confirm that the payment was taken by 'Fogarty' so am expecting quality goods.

The person who was asking where to put in the code - it is on the checkout page to the right of where you put your personal details - so sort of in the middle of the page.

Sorry to the other member who's code didn't work....it worked for me though.
    • movingon
    • By movingon 28th Sep 16, 4:34 PM
    • 306 Posts
    • 160 Thanks
    movingon
    Code
    The code did not work for me at first, but then I tried typing it in manually, instead of copying and pasting it, and that did work. Hope this helps.
    • ANGLICANPAT
    • By ANGLICANPAT 28th Sep 16, 5:24 PM
    • 1,125 Posts
    • 364 Thanks
    ANGLICANPAT
    Do you really want one?People who arent aware where 'down' originates from may be horrified to learn the answer. Artifical fillings may not be quite as good, but what price compassion?
    http://action.peta.org.uk/ea-action/action?ea.client.id=5&ea.campaign.id=50952

The cheaper the product, the more likely its going to be from China or other places that have this cruel quick way of getting the down they want.
    • Jimmar
    • By Jimmar 29th Sep 16, 11:43 AM
    • 12 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Jimmar
    Very unclear who owns this business no details on the webpage the 'about us' page just has some shonky story about a dog - all very strange.
    Are they a proper business? Are they really made in Britain? Certainly the wording is a bit vague saying only 'from UK' rather than the standard (and probably legally binding) Made in UK.
    • Angelina1
    • By Angelina1 29th Sep 16, 11:59 AM
    • 35 Posts
    • 57 Thanks
    Angelina1
    Have taken a punt and ordered two cool pillows. Code worked fine.
    • rose28454
    • By rose28454 29th Sep 16, 12:36 PM
    • 4,665 Posts
    • 46,892 Thanks
    rose28454
    Regarding quilts have a look here

http://www.baavet.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=common/home

They are woollen quilts and not cheap but they do have seconds. I got one 2 years ago and paid about £70.00 and its the best quilt I have ever had. Well worth the money.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

232Posts Today

1,302Users online

Martin's Twitter