Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • arsenalboy
    • By arsenalboy 27th Sep 16, 2:04 PM
    • 250Posts
    • 97Thanks
    arsenalboy
    123 Active direct debits
    • 27th Sep 16, 2:04 PM
    123 Active direct debits 27th Sep 16 at 2:04 PM
    Advice please.

I have been running a 123 a/c for a couple of years with the full 20k and have always received the interest and cashback each month because I have ticked all the boxes.

Over the last month I have been spring cleaning direct debits due to BOS requirements.

So at beginning of my monthly a/c period I had 3 active dd's, during the period I closed 2 of them but added another, so at the end of the charging period I had 2 active dd's. During the charging period 4 dd payments hit the account. Funding requirement was also met.

The effect of this is that they have not paid me my £50 interest or circa £6 cashback.

I queried this by secure messaging and got a reply that said I had only added the second direct debit during the month.
    I replied and said but there were 3 at the beginning and 2 active at the end.
    They have replied and said there were 2 days during the month when there was only one, which is true.

I have looked at general terms and specific terms online. The only reference I can see is that you "must have 2 active dd's". There is no mention anywhere that they must be in place for each day of the month.

Before I go back for a third time, have I missed anything?
    Last edited by arsenalboy; 27-09-2016 at 10:48 PM.
Page 1
    • Freecall
    • By Freecall 8th Oct 16, 10:37 AM
    • 986 Posts
    • 856 Thanks
    Freecall
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:37 AM
    • 8th Oct 16, 10:37 AM
    Yes you have.

They are a mega-institution whereas you are just a simple punter.

You have the ability to write a detailed letter querying the finer points of their T's&C's. They have the ability to produce a standard reply along the lines of :-

'We thank you for you message but unfortunately...... etc ... please do not respond to this message as this is an automated reply and this mailbox is unattended.'

Apart from that, what you say makes sense to me.
    • polymaff
    • By polymaff 9th Oct 16, 12:32 PM
    • 1,283 Posts
    • 516 Thanks
    polymaff
    • 9th Oct 16, 12:32 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 12:32 PM
    The only reference I can see is that you "must have 2 active dd's". There is no mention anywhere that they must be in place for each day of the month.
    Originally posted by arsenalboy
    But you agree that, for a period, you didn't. Make sure that you overlap when you're changing DDs in future - and move on.
    • molerat
    • By molerat 9th Oct 16, 3:02 PM
    • 15,065 Posts
    • 9,399 Thanks
    molerat
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:02 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:02 PM
    I would raise a formal complaint. Their T&Cs only specify that there is to be 2 active DDs in place. It does not mention they have to be in place for the whole of the charging period. I had a few days with only one DD in place and interest and cash back was paid. The only reason that I would imagine not being paid would be if the rules were not met on the statement date.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk/donations.html
    • mgarl10024
    • By mgarl10024 9th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    • 514 Posts
    • 335 Thanks
    mgarl10024
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    • 9th Oct 16, 3:16 PM
    I would raise a formal complaint.
    Originally posted by molerat
    Seconded. Can't hurt and shouldn't take too long to put together.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,718Posts Today

6,509Users online

Martin's Twitter