Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 27th Sep 16, 8:31 AM
    • 39Posts
    • 154Thanks
    Figgi
    16 WOW
    Boots Star Gift thread
    • 27th Sep 16, 8:31 AM
    16 WOW
    Boots Star Gift thread 27th Sep 16 at 8:31 AM
    Just been into my local store and apparently the first star gift is a Smashbox set, usually about £30 but will be half price. - correction it is £30 cost of the bits would be over £70

Starts Friday so I'm guessing more details will appear in next day or so.

w
    Last edited by Figgi; 29-09-2016 at 9:41 AM. Reason: correction
Page 3
    • lucys mum
    • By lucys mum 10th Oct 16, 5:16 PM
    • 374 Posts
    • 567 Thanks
    lucys mum
    I only got double points on Christmas gift
    Originally posted by Storck
    Girls - be proud ..... I got nothing
    • DomRavioli
    • By DomRavioli 10th Oct 16, 9:51 PM
    • 2,853 Posts
    • 4,759 Thanks
    DomRavioli
    I only got a 10% off Christmas Gift voucher

It doesn't say that it cannot be used on a Star Gift just that the gift must have a green parcel sticker on it.
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    Star gifts don't have the sticker on.
    Observe, Adapt, Overcome.
    SPC 2015 #497
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 11th Oct 16, 7:36 AM
    • 4,320 Posts
    • 4,727 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    Star gifts don't have the sticker on.
    Originally posted by DomRavioli
    Ah, I thought that might be the case. Thanks for confirming.
    • d_rok69
    • By d_rok69 18th Oct 16, 7:16 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    d_rok69
    Just on the subject of star gifts and points. Does anyone know if you can ise double points vouchers at the points event £10 of points for every £50 spent?

Also does anyone know..., i have a voucher double points when i buy a christmas gift. Is that double points only on the christmas gift or double points on the whole shop
    • Storck
    • By Storck 18th Oct 16, 7:29 PM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    Storck
    Just on the subject of star gifts and points. Does anyone know if you can ise double points vouchers at the points event £10 of points for every £50 spent?

Also does anyone know..., i have a voucher double points when i buy a christmas gift. Is that double points only on the christmas gift or double points on the whole shop
    Originally posted by d_rok69

The double points voucher would only work for those points on the part over £50. Or that is how it usually works.

The double points when you buy a Christmas gift is just on the gift.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
    • d_rok69
    • By d_rok69 18th Oct 16, 7:39 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    d_rok69
    Ok i wasnt sure i know ive read on this forum before someone doubled the £10 of points but cant find the post anywhere. Maybe it was an old rule and the changed it
    • Storck
    • By Storck 18th Oct 16, 7:45 PM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    Storck
    Ok i wasnt sure i know ive read on this forum before someone doubled the £10 of points but cant find the post anywhere. Maybe it was an old rule and the changed it
    Try it but you wouldnt find out till it was too late. You would get £20 of points if you spend £100 though as it is £10 per £50 spend.
    • d_rok69
    • By d_rok69 18th Oct 16, 7:53 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 22 Thanks
    d_rok69
    I will go in store tomorrow for my lunch and ask the wee lady in my local boots i will post my findings. Fingers crossed we can all get mega points lol
    • Storck
    • By Storck 18th Oct 16, 8:06 PM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    Storck
    I will go in store tomorrow for my lunch and ask the wee lady in my local boots i will post my findings. Fingers crossed we can all get mega points lol
    The answer will be no it doesn't double the £10 just like it doesn't double it if you have a 500 points if you spend £35 voucher.
    • some time soon
    • By some time soon 18th Oct 16, 8:30 PM
    • 436 Posts
    • 349 Thanks
    some time soon
    Try it but you wouldnt find out till it was too late. You would get £20 of points if you spend £100 though as it is £10 per £50 spend.
    Originally posted by Storck
    Hi its my intention to spend just over £100.00 in Boots on their event night are you sure I would then get £20 worth of points? it would be great if I did
    • Storck
    • By Storck 18th Oct 16, 9:00 PM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    Storck
    Hi its my intention to spend just over £100.00 in Boots on their event night are you sure I would then get £20 worth of points? it would be great if I did
    Originally posted by some time soon
    That is what it said in the small print I read.
    • Flowfy
    • By Flowfy 19th Oct 16, 7:36 AM
    • 139 Posts
    • 1,797 Thanks
    Flowfy
    Does anyone know what the star gift is this week?
    • redagila
    • By redagila 19th Oct 16, 9:13 AM
    • 4,143 Posts
    • 14,296 Thanks
    redagila
    Can anyone advise me how I can find any special offers for me on my account please? I haven't shopped in Boots for some time and I have forgotten how to access the personalised offers. Or is it just more senior moments!!

Now found them.
    Last edited by redagila; 19-10-2016 at 5:06 PM.
    • CazmosWorld
    • By CazmosWorld 19th Oct 16, 10:52 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    CazmosWorld
    Rumour has it that the Star Gift this week is the Seventeen Match My Mood Beauty Box normally £40.00, it will be available from Friday at £20.00

Carrie
    • CazmosWorld
    • By CazmosWorld 19th Oct 16, 10:53 AM
    • 3 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    CazmosWorld
    Does anyone know what the star gift is this week?
    Originally posted by Flowfy
    New to all this forum lark.. thought I was replying to you but didnt... I have posted the rumoured Star Gift for this week.
    • littlereddevil
    • By littlereddevil 19th Oct 16, 11:15 AM
    • 4,504 Posts
    • 1,859 Thanks
    littlereddevil
    I'm not buying any star gifts this year........
    travelover
    • p-pincher
    • By p-pincher 20th Oct 16, 7:06 PM
    • 725 Posts
    • 3,627 Thanks
    p-pincher
    Really not sure if it's worth buying the 17 set. Definitely not worth £40 and can't make my mind up if it'd worth £20. I bought my eldest daughter it last year as a star gift but it just looked more impressive as a set of drawers. Was planning on buying to with my points but trying to work out how much I could buy of the smaller gift sets on the 3 4 2.
    March 2014 Grocery challenge £250.00
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 20th Oct 16, 7:24 PM
    • 39 Posts
    • 154 Thanks
    Figgi
    Quick heads up.

Next week is a Sleek Box of Tricks set £25

Followed by a Jack Wills Blanket Scarf set £25
    • sarahj1986
    • By sarahj1986 21st Oct 16, 7:37 AM
    • 1,001 Posts
    • 1,691 Thanks
    sarahj1986
    Feeling very underwhelmed by boots again this year. I remember back in the day getting a lot more items for less money. Some of these sets are hardly worth it at half the price let alone full price. I need some more no7 cream but the gift set I normally get at half price is £80 �� So half price makes it £40 and I only really use the creams in the set, hardly seems worth it in contrast to a couple of years ago when it was closer to £30.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • Storck
    • By Storck 21st Oct 16, 7:49 AM
    • 1,620 Posts
    • 1,783 Thanks
    Storck
    As with all the gift set offers they are only worth it if you are going to use it all. We have a box of No7 stuff from the past few years that will never get used in our house. Think it will be going to the Church Christmas Fair
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,245Posts Today

5,869Users online

Martin's Twitter