Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 27th Sep 16, 8:31 AM
    • 42Posts
    • 179Thanks
    Figgi
    4 WOW
    Boots Star Gift thread
    • 27th Sep 16, 8:31 AM
    4 WOW
    Boots Star Gift thread 27th Sep 16 at 8:31 AM
    Just been into my local store and apparently the first star gift is a Smashbox set, usually about £30 but will be half price. - correction it is £30 cost of the bits would be over £70

Starts Friday so I'm guessing more details will appear in next day or so.

w
    Last edited by Figgi; 29-09-2016 at 9:41 AM. Reason: correction
Page 2
    • VfM4meplse
    • By VfM4meplse 28th Sep 16, 11:19 PM
    • 20,485 Posts
    • 40,418 Thanks
    VfM4meplse
    I'm not a huge fan of no7, if I buy one I think it will be the M&S one.
    Originally posted by Kim kim
    Strangely enough, I have become a No 7 fan over the last 18 months, usually as products I previously used for years have become defunct. I really like their Match Made service for foundation; the one I ended up with is less than half the price of the EA one I loved so much before my shade was discontinued

Boots are good at cosmetics, I don't rate their healthcare services though.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy ...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...If in doubt, don't pull out... I love chaz-ing!
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 29th Sep 16, 9:40 AM
    • 42 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    Figgi
    Someone said the details of the star gift would be on the weekly newsletter, not sure if they were, but here they are for those not on the newsletter mailing list.

Be Legendary Lipstick - Get Fired 3g(full size)
    Full Exposure Mascara - Jet Black 9.56ml(Full size)
    Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner - Raven 0.28g(Full size)
    LA Lights Blendable Lip & Cheek colour - Hollywood & Highlight 1.1g
    Photo Finish Foundation Primer 15ml
    • jo132000
    • By jo132000 1st Oct 16, 5:49 PM
    • 700 Posts
    • 1,209 Thanks
    jo132000
    Just thought I'd add I picked up the boots gift guide today in my local boots, not sure if it came out today or maybe yesterday but just thought I'd share!
    Wins for 2016rolley coin,kitchen makeover, childs book,shower gel,juice book,watch,butter, just-rol vouchers,butterkist popcorn,Zoflora,jordans cereal,fish slice,alpro cup,craft box,wooden toy &£100 sainsburys voucher, popcorn box & bottle.
    Thanks to all who post the comps & please let the comping fairy sprinkle dust on my entries!
    • sarahj1986
    • By sarahj1986 2nd Oct 16, 12:04 PM
    • 1,001 Posts
    • 1,691 Thanks
    sarahj1986
    I got my gift guide in Birmingham last week. I think they must have put theirs out early as it still wasn't available in my Stratford upon Avon maybird store Friday. It might be out now though.

I am disappointed with it though. Not enough content even though I know there's loads of gifts available as I saw them all in store.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
    • milliepooch
    • By milliepooch 4th Oct 16, 8:26 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 32 Thanks
    milliepooch
    Star gift
    Has anyone at ideas of what or when the star gifts will be?

Going on previous years I think

Ted baker make up set
    Ted Baker treasure chest
    No7 set
    Soap and glory
    Champneys
    Sanctuary
    Jack Wills
    Laura Ashley

• grunnie
    • By grunnie 4th Oct 16, 9:16 AM
    • 1,478 Posts
    • 7,697 Thanks
    grunnie
    Has anyone at ideas of what or when the star gifts will be?

Going on previous years I think

Ted baker make up set
    Ted Baker treasure chest
    No7 set
    Soap and glory
    Champneys
    Sanctuary
    Jack Wills
    Laura Ashley

Originally posted by milliepooch

The No 7 one is usually last.
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 4th Oct 16, 1:02 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    Figgi
    Don't forget the The Benefit 'Gals Just Wanna Have Fun' set that is on offer from Friday.

£29.50 worth £42.

The No7 star gift looks very nice in a sparkly black box that when you open looks like a New York Skyscene, £80.

Not sure which Soap & Glory set it is, there is one at £60 in a metal suitcase but also a set at £50. Which ever way I'm guessing there will be an offer on both of them at some point in the run up to Christmas.
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 4th Oct 16, 1:03 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    Figgi
    I think the 'good' star gifts will start on 28th October.
    • sampan26
    • By sampan26 4th Oct 16, 3:21 PM
    • 554 Posts
    • 1,045 Thanks
    sampan26
    Hey Figgi, any ideas what is in the Benefit set? Is it the exclusive Boots one, like previous years?
    THanks
    • Oakdene
    • By Oakdene 4th Oct 16, 3:24 PM
    • 502 Posts
    • 678 Thanks
    Oakdene
    Managed to grab a couple (well 3 amazingly enough) of gifts for my 12 year old daughter & 9 year old son yesterday. Got a lovely Jack Wills set in a tin & a make up set for my daughter & an avengers boys shower gel/hair gel & spray set for my son... Very happy!!
    • MSE Rhiannon
    • By MSE Rhiannon 4th Oct 16, 5:27 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    MSE Rhiannon
    Someone said the details of the star gift would be on the weekly newsletter, not sure if they were, but here they are for those not on the newsletter mailing list.

Be Legendary Lipstick - Get Fired 3g(full size)
    Full Exposure Mascara - Jet Black 9.56ml(Full size)
    Always Sharp Waterproof Kohl Liner - Raven 0.28g(Full size)
    LA Lights Blendable Lip & Cheek colour - Hollywood & Highlight 1.1g
    Photo Finish Foundation Primer 15ml
    Originally posted by Figgi
    Yep, all details are on our Boots page, and the next Star Gift is in our newsletter this week (You can sign up to the newsletter via the link in my signature if you don't already get it, although it should be 'MSE Money Tips' now )
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
    • Storck
    • By Storck 4th Oct 16, 6:01 PM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 1,788 Thanks
    Storck
    Yep, all details are on our Boots page, and the next Star Gift is in our newsletter this week (You can sign up to the newsletter via the link in my signature if you don't already get it, although it should be 'MSE Money Tips' now )
    Originally posted by MSE Rhiannon

When did the details go up?

Someone has already posted on here what the next one is.
    If you find you are drinking too much give this number a call. 0845 769 7555
    • MSE Rhiannon
    • By MSE Rhiannon 4th Oct 16, 7:32 PM
    • 26 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    MSE Rhiannon
    When did the details go up?

Someone has already posted on here what the next one is.
    Originally posted by Storck
    Tuesdays are our press day, details of offers go up throughout the day whilst we test them for the newsletter
    Grab the latest MSE Deals
    Follow the Deals Team on Twitter: @MSE_Deals
    Get Martin's Money Tips
    Join the MSE Forum
    • Storck
    • By Storck 4th Oct 16, 10:47 PM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 1,788 Thanks
    Storck
    Tuesdays are our press day, details of offers go up throughout the day whilst we test them for the newsletter
    Originally posted by MSE Rhiannon

Just to let you know the link on the page points to last years thread about the star gift.
    • Figgi
    • By Figgi 7th Oct 16, 3:51 PM
    • 42 Posts
    • 179 Thanks
    Figgi
    Apparently next week's is something from Zoella, then the week after is a Seventeen set.
    • RainbowDrops
    • By RainbowDrops 8th Oct 16, 7:55 AM
    • 4,320 Posts
    • 4,727 Thanks
    RainbowDrops
    I got a 25% off any Christmas gift voucher for my advantage card - does anyone know if this can be used on the Star Gifts?
    • sarah1972
    • By sarah1972 8th Oct 16, 8:30 AM
    • 11,609 Posts
    • 37,951 Thanks
    sarah1972
    I got a 25% off any Christmas gift voucher for my advantage card - does anyone know if this can be used on the Star Gifts?
    Originally posted by RainbowDrops

ooh thats a good point as I have got 2 25% off of christmas gift vouchers, its worth a try !
    I'm a Board Guide on the Freebies and Freebies (Low Spend) Board, discount codes 'n' vouchers and music moneysaving boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    • catswiththumbs
    • By catswiththumbs 8th Oct 16, 10:21 AM
    • 184 Posts
    • 256 Thanks
    catswiththumbs
    Originally posted by RainbowDrops

I only got a 10% off Christmas Gift voucher

It doesn't say that it cannot be used on a Star Gift just that the gift must have a green parcel sticker on it.
    • cashewnut
    • By cashewnut 10th Oct 16, 1:40 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 374 Thanks
    cashewnut
    I only got a 10% off Christmas Gift voucher
    Originally posted by catswiththumbs
    Me too
    • Storck
    • By Storck 10th Oct 16, 2:18 PM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 1,788 Thanks
    Storck
    Me too
    Originally posted by cashewnut

I only got double points on Christmas gift
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,244Posts Today

6,243Users online

Martin's Twitter