Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Perfo
    • By Perfo 24th Sep 16, 7:53 PM
    • 32Posts
    • 15Thanks
    Perfo
    Advice please on a SIP ticket.
    • 24th Sep 16, 7:53 PM
    Advice please on a SIP ticket. 24th Sep 16 at 7:53 PM
    I have done my homework and read the various posts but can't find something quite like my problem. So please excuse me if there is.

Last April the company I work for hired a car for me for the day.

I parked in a SIP car park in it.

I paid the fee but the machine spat it out.
    There was a notice on the screen of the machine that said sorry out of order. (I took a picture of this)
    I left a message on the screen of my car giving my contact details and stating the machine was out of order (I have pictures).
    I went to the office and about 20 mins later I went back to the car to find a sticker on the screen.
    I tried the number they gave on the ticket to ring but couldn't get through.
    The machine was now working so I purchased a ticket.
    On leaving the car park I tried the number again and this time spoke to a person that basically told me to send it in writing.
    I sent the details in writing confirming I was the driver and all the other details (I know silly move).
    They sent back and said it doesn't matter the machine was out of order it clearly states on the sign that if the machine is out of order then you have to ring a mobile number and pay over the phone.
    I had picture of their sign and it didn't say anything of the sort. A further investigation showed that there was a red sticker on the actual machine stating it was the drivers responsibility to ensure payment was made before leaving the car park.. and to ring a number if the machine wasn't working.
    I replied to SIP stating that I had read the signs and it didn't say anything about ringing. If they had another sign in the car park then I didn't see it and therefore was it up to the specification as detailed by POPLA in terms of sizes etc.
    I also stated that they say the sign says I have to pay before leaving the car park..which I had also done.. by getting the ticket on my next visit...

I've heard nothing officially since.
    I say officially as I've just now been made aware of a letter sent to work from Gladstones solicitors talking of court cases concerning the date and time and car park of my parking but addressed to another employee of my firm which has absolutely nothing to do with any of it..

My company say the hire company has been contacted as the registered keepers and they had contacted my company..

I thought the DVLA rules for giving out RK details was if and only if the driver could not be identified ...is this not true ? And if so as I identified myself on the first day they shouldn't have even asked for the RK details.

What do I do ??? I haven't been in the loop at all from (me appealing and thinking it had been accepted) to some other poor chap being taken to court ???

I shall ask the other gent to contact Gladstones and inform them he had nothing to do with it. I have clearer stated I was the driver in writing to the car park company and it was never my intention not to pay for the parking indeed had they put the information actually on the proper signage of the car park then I would have rang it and paid over the phone. I can absolutely and honestly say I didn't see this sticker. But if I had I would have been a little skeptical about ringing it and handing over card details etc..

My feeling is they have done it deliberately to scam more money out of innocent folk...

Sorry for the longish post and I hope some of you learned folks will be able to offer me some advice as I'm not sure what else to do..

Thank you...
    Last edited by Perfo; 04-03-2017 at 12:48 PM.
Page 2
    • Perfo
    • By Perfo 13th Mar 17, 12:37 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Perfo
    Well there's not many businessmen that manage to control the regulators and the appeals committee so hats of the them for that and a huge gasp of disbelief that it's allowable and in progress...
    • Perfo
    • By Perfo 17th Mar 17, 3:50 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Perfo
    Hmmm, On the notice of allocation tot he small claims track hearing.
    It states "By March to 17th each party must send .....all documents...etc"

By 17th of March indicates 00:00 this morning.. Am I right ?
    I haven't received any thing at all from GS .. So does this mean they can't now submit any evidence ?
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Mar 17, 3:58 PM
    • 44,277 Posts
    • 56,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    No, by 5pm today, really. But surely as you have been posting here for months and with the wealth of info on the forum, you should by now have read other G's threads to learn what normally happens. We have loads, you need to be prepared and the best way is to read other accounts of how people beat them and what G's did.

This is normal for Gladstones; they often send the WS late and rather than me repeat what that means and your options it would be easier if you search the forum and read some cases. Try keywords like 'Gladstones late witness statement hearing'.

Also Google: 'Parking Prankster Gladstones filed late Witness Statement'. I'm sure you will read how common this is and how to use it to your advantage between now and the hearing.
    PRIVATE PCN in England/Wales? DON'T PAY BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.
    DON'T read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• Perfo
    • By Perfo 17th Mar 17, 5:31 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Perfo
    Ok,, As it's now gone 17:00 and I still haven't received anything. I'll go searching. I have read some of the posts you mentioned (I think) but didn't recall them specifying 17:00. So I didn't revisit but I'm sure they will and I'd just forgotten that bit...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 17th Mar 17, 5:46 PM
    • 44,277 Posts
    • 56,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    5pm being the usually accepted end of the working day. It is looking positive for you, do as others have done and use their delay to draw to the attention of the Judge beforehand. Loads of threads and Prankster Blogs about using this is a person's favour.

Click on the breadcrumb trail, top of page: Household & Travel > Motoring > Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking & READ THE 'NEWBIES' FAQS THREAD.

• Perfo
    • By Perfo 19th Mar 17, 7:56 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Perfo
    Interesting stuff about GS and being slack and the Prankster being a PJ wearing toast eater (that made me laugh) unfortunately the paper work turned up in the post either yesterday or today. With a post mark of the 15th.. So looks like they haven't been as slack as they could be with me..
    I'm scanning in their documents.. their WS doubts the machine was out of order.. though they say it doesn't matter anyway...
    • Perfo
    • By Perfo 19th Mar 17, 8:13 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Perfo
    hmmm..taking some time for my machine to scan it ... Technology letting me down..
    Interesting though they've included a NTK doc that is addressed to some in Aldershot so probably the car rental company owners and a copy of a final demand that is to the other fellow at my work.. SO I haven't seen this Final demand before and I can't ever remember seeing one in my name. It's not in my ever growing bundle of documents..
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 19th Mar 17, 9:54 PM
    • 44,277 Posts
    • 56,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    The fact that you never got a NTK isn't as important as it would have been if you had not admitted to being the driver. But it is worth mentioning to the Judge that they didn't serve these letters to you.

• Perfo
    • By Perfo 20th Mar 17, 5:35 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Perfo
    Nor the final reminder. I will be mentioning all these in my opener...
    • Perfo
    • By Perfo 23rd Mar 17, 5:01 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Perfo
    Would Coupon-Mad, BargePole or any of the experts on here be willing for me to email them something. I have a bit of news that I wouldn't want to put on here as GS would surely read it ...
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 23rd Mar 17, 10:54 PM
    • 44,277 Posts
    • 56,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Go on then, send me a pm.

• Perfo
    • By Perfo 24th Mar 17, 10:23 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Perfo
    Done, and thanks for taking the time to respond. I won't spam or harass you, I promise :-)
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 24th Mar 17, 1:05 PM
    • 44,277 Posts
    • 56,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    That'll make a pleasant change...

I will look later.

• Perfo
    • By Perfo 28th Mar 17, 6:55 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 15 Thanks
    Perfo
    I have finally managed to beat my scanner in to shape and actually scan something...
    Here are the main documents GS are using in their defence....
    I'm interested in hearing what you all think of their WS. They are basically calling me a liar stating their machine wasn't out of order. I have photos proving it was/. Had they told me this earlier I could have produced witness statement, as there were two other people with me that would be only too happy to testify.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkVprrKFce7ag6gvQpGLjmhRcYpggw
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 28th Mar 17, 8:48 PM
    • 44,277 Posts
    • 56,999 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    Can't see the WS, only 4 documents.

Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,479Posts Today

7,776Users online

Martin's Twitter