Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • philgeorge
    • By philgeorge 22nd Sep 16, 10:58 PM
    • 15Posts
    • 2Thanks
    philgeorge
    PCN Issued by City of London
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:58 PM
    PCN Issued by City of London 22nd Sep 16 at 10:58 PM
    Hi Guys,

I have had a letter arrive today notifying me of a code 53 entering a pedestrian zone outside the Tower of London. As you can understand I am furious! I had driven up and was looking for the car park and ended up driving straight past it. I followed along to the end of the road, turned around and then drove back down and I found it.

Today I was made aware that the last section of road is pedestrianised, even though there is only a single sign. The sign I feel is quite high up and in a bit of a blind spot. Plus there were no bollards indicating it was a pedestrian zone.

They have sent me the link to the video and images etc, so no denying I did actually do it, but I'm just fuming at a £65 fine for making an innocent mistake.

Have I got any chance of getting out of it?

Thanks
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 11:19 PM
    • 38,265 Posts
    • 49,743 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:19 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:19 PM
    Yes, every chance. IIRC The City of London are pretty awful at PATAS and for a while last year were not even up to speed enough to contest cases at Adjudication!

Take your query to pepipoo and show them all pages of the PCN:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showforum=30

Also try to show them a streetview picture of the place and a link to the video so they can view it and help you sort out a strong appeal.

Both TFL and City of London 'PCNs' issued for moving traffic offences may well show the 'crime' but are often easier to appeal than a parking PCN IMHO. The signage can be a huge issue for them, as well as following the right appeal process (honestly). You are likely to be able to trip them up. I tripped up TFL re a moving traffic PCN where the video had my niece's OH bang to rights. They mucked up the appeal process, dug a hole and they couldn't get out.

I'd say in my experience of posting on pepipoo that City of London are not much better. Worth appealing - unless pepipoo say not.

Ask the pepipoo posters; show them your paperwork & location/signs close-up. It's free to register on pepipoo but don't use a hotmail email.
    Last edited by Coupon-mad; 22-09-2016 at 11:22 PM.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• philgeorge
    • By philgeorge 22nd Sep 16, 11:26 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    philgeorge
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:26 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 11:26 PM
    Fantastic advice, thanks very much! I'll get signed up over there and see what those guys have to say.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,839Posts Today

7,661Users online

Martin's Twitter