Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • eset12345
    • By eset12345 22nd Sep 16, 10:05 PM
    • 56Posts
    • 55Thanks
    eset12345
    Hunted - TV series
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:05 PM
    Hunted - TV series 22nd Sep 16 at 10:05 PM
    anybody watching it? I remember seeing the last series and it was pretty good, if only for the fact you come to realise how stupid people really are.

what would you do to evade capture for weeks on end if you were a fugitive?
Page 1
    • Miski
    • By Miski 22nd Sep 16, 10:18 PM
    • 3,720 Posts
    • 7,458 Thanks
    Miski
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:18 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:18 PM
    I love it.

Some of my plan: Second I apply - create a account using my real name and add certain people to carry usage
    All my social media from 13 has not been in my real name
    Leaving the city undetected is the hard part. Get a lift from a distant friend who owes me a favour
    Revert back to Islam and wear a burqa and get lost in Birmingham and Mosques. Cities are easier to get lost than countryside for me
    Last edited by Miski; 22-09-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    • Andypandyboy
    • By Andypandyboy 22nd Sep 16, 10:27 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 5,176 Thanks
    Andypandyboy
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:27 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:27 PM
    Before application I would do geochaches of money in the locations I intended to use or could potentially use. I would buy wigs. I would buy new electronic devices, all via friends.

I would organise lifts via throwaway paygo phone from old friends who I have never had social media contact with. I would be random in my choice of initial destinations, in that I would fistly go to places I had no connection whatsoever with. I quite fancy doing it.
    • Prinzessilein
    • By Prinzessilein 23rd Sep 16, 8:35 AM
    • 1,423 Posts
    • 6,503 Thanks
    Prinzessilein
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:35 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:35 AM
    I love 'Hunted'

If I was to apply for a new series...

First I would destroy the very few photos of me taken in the last few years...so all photographic evidence would show me as being about 8 stone heavier than I am now!!!...For the start of the show - when you are filmed running away - I would pad myself up in a large body-suit and be seen waddling towards my getaway-lift.

Once in the car I would strip off to my jeans and tee and go to the airport...I have half-an-hour before the chasers start to follow me. ...I will already have booked a flight to Europe.

I am a polyglot (when I speak which is rarely!)...I not only speak a few languages but can pass for a native speaker in more than one...

In my youth , I was much fitter than I am now and I love the mountains, so the Alps would be my destination of choice....28 days mountain walking would have been a dream for me a few decades ago! No need to stay in hotels, little pensions or B&Bs would do me - harder to detect.

If I felt I was being tracked then I have a couple of back-up plans...I have relatives in Germany - one of whom has a boat...I'm guessing he has mates who would take on an extra unpaid hand for a couple of weeks and sail me out to safety!.....and I would also consider running into a church and claiming the right to sanctuary.

Finally, for my last week or so I would make my way to Calais and live amongst the would-be-immigrants/refugees/asylum seekers there...I'm hoping they would be able to hide me, and they would be less than willing to dob me in to the authorities when they come hunting me!

As it is...I am disabled and rarely leave my flat...so I will just sit back and enjoy watching others try to evade the hunters. (Some of the early episodes amuse me - there are always people who have NO idea how to evade detection....and some 'friends' seem very quick to give the hunters clues....and then the paranoia sets in.....great 'mindless' viewing)
    • Hintza
    • By Hintza 23rd Sep 16, 8:56 AM
    • 18,548 Posts
    • 12,822 Thanks
    Hintza
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:56 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:56 AM
    Not sure you will be allowed to go to Europe.

Is the biggest problem not going to be the camera crew you attached at the hip. They will be easy enough to track. Are you alowed to lose them?
    Truth is like poetry. Most people don't like poetry!
    • mattytun
    • By mattytun 23rd Sep 16, 4:41 PM
    • 12,056 Posts
    • 221,919 Thanks
    mattytun
    • 23rd Sep 16, 4:41 PM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 4:41 PM
    Seen it advertised but I've never watched it.
    Motto: Never pay full price for anything, there is always room to haggle!
    • Andypandyboy
    • By Andypandyboy 23rd Sep 16, 5:17 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 5,176 Thanks
    Andypandyboy
    • 23rd Sep 16, 5:17 PM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 5:17 PM
    You can't leave the UK.
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 23rd Sep 16, 9:17 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 1,101 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:17 PM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:17 PM
    I could easily go 'off-grid' for a month, I frequently do that anyway and nobody seems to miss me
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.

Walk 1000 miles in a year challenge - 345.4
    This week - 26.2
    • indesisiv
    • By indesisiv 23rd Sep 16, 9:21 PM
    • 3,278 Posts
    • 12,116 Thanks
    indesisiv
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:21 PM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:21 PM
    I'm just catching up with this. Didn't realise that it was on.

If I was doing it I would have a couple of changes of car on backroads to get away cleanly. Then I would probably take the time to do some of the trails that I want to do.
    I'm sure that I could wild camp.
    Time is intended to be spent, not saved - Alfred Wainwright
    • PasturesNew
    • By PasturesNew 23rd Sep 16, 9:24 PM
    • 55,231 Posts
    • 316,766 Thanks
    PasturesNew
    I am "of a certain age" - women of my age blend seamlessly into any environment. Nobody knows you're there, nobody sees you. Easy peasy.
    • Prinzessilein
    • By Prinzessilein 24th Sep 16, 8:45 AM
    • 1,423 Posts
    • 6,503 Thanks
    Prinzessilein
    You can't leave the UK.
    Originally posted by Andypandyboy
    The hunters are supposed to represent the varied high-level, highly trained officers of the law in this country....and they can't cope with the scenario that a wanted person on the run might decide to skip the country?????
    • Norman Castle
    • By Norman Castle 24th Sep 16, 9:57 AM
    • 5,075 Posts
    • 3,851 Thanks
    Norman Castle
    They target the easy finds, let them escape if its early in the series as in the restaurant of this series, then post flyers with an image of the person who will be easily spotted as they are being filmed which will draw attention to them.

Why not pay the hunters 100,000 for every serious criminal they find. It could be cheaper than the police finding them.
    Too cool for school. Also too old for school.
    • Owain Moneysaver
    • By Owain Moneysaver 24th Sep 16, 10:03 AM
    • 6,774 Posts
    • 6,922 Thanks
    Owain Moneysaver
    The hunters are supposed to represent the varied high-level, highly trained officers of the law in this country....and they can't cope with the scenario that a wanted person on the run might decide to skip the country?????
    Originally posted by Prinzessilein
    This is television. They're only pretending to be high-level, highly trained officers of the law. In reality they are now civilians taking part in a game show. The budget is limited and they don't have access to interpol etc.
    Wins and Freebies: ττhραṡτε, τεα-τώεl
    • Andypandyboy
    • By Andypandyboy 24th Sep 16, 5:06 PM
    • 2,019 Posts
    • 5,176 Thanks
    Andypandyboy
    I am not sure abou tthis new batch though. Either they are pretending to be a bit daft or they really are. Common sense seemed in short supply to me. And what was with the mum of the girls giving all that information and then just having the notes on the table with detais of where they might pick up lifts?
    • prowla
    • By prowla 24th Sep 16, 5:56 PM
    • 9,400 Posts
    • 7,361 Thanks
    prowla
    Well, I saw some of it yesterday and I kept asking if it was a spoof show.

It was awful and all of the characters were horrendously stereotyped, from the geeky IT types, the ex-soldiers, the irresponsible teenagers, the clothing style appropriate to where people sit in the management chain.

Probably one of the worst TV shows I've ever seen. (I switched over to watch a what TV was like in the 70s, which almost seemed fun in comparison.)
    • zagubov
    • By zagubov 24th Sep 16, 8:13 PM
    • 12,992 Posts
    • 115,969 Thanks
    zagubov
    There was a programme a while back where a journalist showed how easy it was to start a new identity. It involved finding a gravestone of a person of a similar age, and giving excuses for lack of NI number and employment history. It went swimmingly for him. He pointed out that loads of people seemed to be doing this up and down the country, just vanished and reinvented themselves Reggie Perrin-style.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
    • rainbowfairydust
    • By rainbowfairydust 24th Sep 16, 8:23 PM
    • 15,927 Posts
    • 46,217 Thanks
    rainbowfairydust
    I love 'Hunted'

If I was to apply for a new series...

First I would destroy the very few photos of me taken in the last few years...so all photographic evidence would show me as being about 8 stone heavier than I am now!!!...For the start of the show - when you are filmed running away - I would pad myself up in a large body-suit and be seen waddling towards my getaway-lift.

Once in the car I would strip off to my jeans and tee and go to the airport...I have half-an-hour before the chasers start to follow me. ...I will already have booked a flight to Europe.

I am a polyglot (when I speak which is rarely!)...I not only speak a few languages but can pass for a native speaker in more than one...

In my youth , I was much fitter than I am now and I love the mountains, so the Alps would be my destination of choice....28 days mountain walking would have been a dream for me a few decades ago! No need to stay in hotels, little pensions or B&Bs would do me - harder to detect.

If I felt I was being tracked then I have a couple of back-up plans...I have relatives in Germany - one of whom has a boat...I'm guessing he has mates who would take on an extra unpaid hand for a couple of weeks and sail me out to safety!.....and I would also consider running into a church and claiming the right to sanctuary.

Finally, for my last week or so I would make my way to Calais and live amongst the would-be-immigrants/refugees/asylum seekers there...I'm hoping they would be able to hide me, and they would be less than willing to dob me in to the authorities when they come hunting me!

As it is...I am disabled and rarely leave my flat...so I will just sit back and enjoy watching others try to evade the hunters. (Some of the early episodes amuse me - there are always people who have NO idea how to evade detection....and some 'friends' seem very quick to give the hunters clues....and then the paranoia sets in.....great 'mindless' viewing)
    Originally posted by Prinzessilein
    They would easily be able to find this information out
    Mature Student
    2015 - 2018

Year One Done

Year Two - 26/9/16
    • Wizard of Id
    • By Wizard of Id 24th Sep 16, 8:45 PM
    • 269 Posts
    • 1,101 Thanks
    Wizard of Id
    Why do they frantically dash about all over the place?
    All you need to do is find a cardboard box and sit in it for a month, I know it would not make good TV but in this case boring wins.
    Every man is innocent until proven broke.

Walk 1000 miles in a year challenge - 345.4
    This week - 26.2
    • Sam Fallow
    • By Sam Fallow 24th Sep 16, 9:41 PM
    • 394 Posts
    • 741 Thanks
    Sam Fallow
    For total anonymity I would get a job on Hollyoaks.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,100Posts Today

7,195Users online

Martin's Twitter