Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Bails37
    • By Bails37 22nd Sep 16, 10:01 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Bails37
    Urgent help - company closed
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:01 PM
    Urgent help - company closed 22nd Sep 16 at 10:01 PM
    Hi everyone,

First time poster here, so I hope someone may be able up help as I've run out of answers. Last Friday, the global media company I worked for abruptly ceased trading without notice. We all found out via various online news outlets that morning and my MD summoned us to the office to announce it. This was awful enough, but the problem arises in that I have not received or am likely to receive a redundancy letter (on top of receiving no motive pay whatsoever). My MPI provider has requested this document. I have everything else they need (final wage slip etc) but no official termination letter. News of the company's demise is all over the industry news, but they are not listed as insolvent at Companies House. Is there any advice anyone here can offer? I'm really worried that my ex employer's complete silence and inaction will effect both my MPI claim, and my ability to claim stat redundancy from the government.
    Thank you for your help,
Page 1
    • Guest101
    • By Guest101 23rd Sep 16, 8:32 AM
    • 11,141 Posts
    • 10,480 Thanks
    Guest101
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:32 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:32 AM
    The official receiver will take on the case and then you will receive everything you need

It will take longer than a week...
    • Bails37
    • By Bails37 23rd Sep 16, 8:42 AM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Bails37
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:42 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:42 AM
    Thank you for your reply,

So there's nothing I can do until the company actually becomes insolvent?

Thanks again
    • sangie595
    • By sangie595 23rd Sep 16, 9:03 AM
    • 2,066 Posts
    • 3,296 Thanks
    sangie595
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:03 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 9:03 AM
    Thank you for your reply,

So there's nothing I can do until the company actually becomes insolvent?

Thanks again
    Originally posted by Bails37
    There's nothing you can do, I'm afraid, until you are told you are redundant. Your employer ceasing trading is not the same thing. There will be attempts to maximise the chances of salvaging as much add they can, and that could involve selling the company. In which case they may not immediately make staff redundant. You need to identify who the insolvency practitioner is and speak to the. They'll contact you at some poin, but the only way to speed up that communication is go to them.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,243Posts Today

8,449Users online

Martin's Twitter