Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Piggywinkle
    • By Piggywinkle 22nd Sep 16, 9:47 PM
    • 62Posts
    • 19Thanks
    Piggywinkle
    EEK - I've done it! *updated post OR interview 05.10.2016*
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:47 PM
    EEK - I've done it! *updated post OR interview 05.10.2016* 22nd Sep 16 at 9:47 PM
    You may see from my previous threads that I had a DRO revoked this month (September at the time of writing) due to an unsolicited PPI payout of just over 2k.

I was advised to put aside the £680 for the BR fees as well as any 'essential expenditure.' This was the only positive for me as I desperately needed a new washer, iron, fridge freezer and vacuum! I also managed to get my MOT paid for (trust it to pass!) and also get myself and my daughter some much needed clothing. I have kept receipts for everything. Hope the OR is sympathetic. I've been on token payments and struggling financially since coming out of full time work in 2012 and my white goods were old and knackered even back then!

After a lot of fretting and checking my online application about 3 million times, I pressed that big green button. I am so nervous Just thought it may be interesting to one or two people as it's not that common to find someone having to go BR after a DRO revocation and throwing a PPI payment into the mix I will follow up the thread whenever there's an update and if someone may need help and find themselves in a similar situation to me, then I can hopefully shine a light on whatever may be ahead.

Thanks to the people who have given me some invaluable advice on here. I can also highly recommend StepChange who have been on my side since day one. I don't know what I would have done without them.

-------------------

Update Post #7 - 26.09.2016
    Update Post #12 - 29.09.2016
    Update Post #20 - 04.10.2016

Update Post #24 - 05.10.2016
    Last edited by Piggywinkle; 05-10-2016 at 11:03 AM.
Page 3
    • worriedmamma
    • By worriedmamma 15th Oct 16, 12:39 PM
    • 147 Posts
    • 56 Thanks
    worriedmamma
    I echo the poster above, I no longer worry every time the phone rings, I feel like bankruptcy is much less scary then feeling helpless in debt.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,319Posts Today

7,962Users online

Martin's Twitter