Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • GrahD
    • By GrahD 22nd Sep 16, 8:39 PM
    • 6Posts
    • 0Thanks
    GrahD
    Website glitch caused 6 hard searches on my credit report
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:39 PM
    Website glitch caused 6 hard searches on my credit report 22nd Sep 16 at 8:39 PM
    Hello I hope you can help me!

I opened up a credit account on Very.co.uk I kept getting an error with the page when proceeding and retried and not knowing much about credit didn't realise it was putting hard searches on my file.

I have just checked my credit score for the first time on Equifax it is sitting at 264, I know credit score is just an indication but it has me worried. Apart from my car finance (4 year loan) Which I started in October 2015 I have never had any other credit so I'm not sure if 264 is decent in regards to this?

As noted above I do now have the Very credit account with a £400 limit I have bought something on there and have paid off more than the minimum on time the past 3 months. I am going to contact Very to have the searches hopefully removed but I know that I won't get the lost score back from doing so.

For the past 12 months my credit report shows 6 Searches for Very.co.uk over 3 days and then 1 for my car but it says only 4 recorded searches as some of the Very searches were on the same day over the 3 days(2 legit searches being car and 1 of the very and 2 extra from the glitch)

Would the searches of made a huge difference or will I be ok once they are removed? Also what steps can I take from where I am now to increase my score to a reasonable point?
Page 1
    • GingerBob
    • By GingerBob 22nd Sep 16, 9:02 PM
    • 2,685 Posts
    • 1,047 Thanks
    GingerBob
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:02 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:02 PM
    Yet another issue with Very (see other current thread). And some posters here still refuse to believe that there are problems with this company.
    • GrahD
    • By GrahD 22nd Sep 16, 9:10 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GrahD
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:10 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:10 PM
    Yeah I read the other thread before I posted and lost hope that they will clear the searches!
    • zx81
    • By zx81 22nd Sep 16, 9:18 PM
    • 8,723 Posts
    • 8,544 Thanks
    zx81
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:18 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:18 PM
    If they remove them, great. If not, don't worry. A few searches will have little impact on how lenders view you in a couple of months.

Remember that your score is in no way related to how lenders view you, so ignore it completely.
    • GrahD
    • By GrahD 22nd Sep 16, 9:24 PM
    • 6 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    GrahD
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:24 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:24 PM
    Thank you for the confidence the man I was speaking to on the phone from Equifax made it sound like it was seriously bad, but 5 minutes later was getting me to sign up to a free trial than a £15 a month membership so just felt like scaremongering me for sales.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 22nd Sep 16, 9:25 PM
    • 8,723 Posts
    • 8,544 Thanks
    zx81
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:25 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 9:25 PM
    Good old Equifax. When they're willing to lend to you, that will be the time to start listening to their opinion.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,088Posts Today

6,057Users online

Martin's Twitter