Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pixiepeep
    • By pixiepeep 22nd Sep 16, 8:28 PM
    • 49Posts
    • 35Thanks
    pixiepeep
    Experian Not Updated in 4 YEARS
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:28 PM
    Experian Not Updated in 4 YEARS 22nd Sep 16 at 8:28 PM
    Suddenly got turned down for a mortgage despite passing affordability...

Just been on experian for the first time in a long while to find it hasn't been updated in 4 years - has incorrect addresses, no recent credit information (including 2 paid off credit cards and a paid off loan).

Any idea why this might be? We've updated the info, but obviously can't add the credit cards and loan (all through HSBC which should show up).
Page 1
    • Thrugelmir
    • By Thrugelmir 22nd Sep 16, 8:30 PM
    • 50,021 Posts
    • 41,678 Thanks
    Thrugelmir
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:30 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:30 PM
    Have you been registering on the electoral roll every year?
    A man is rich who lives upon what he has. A man is poor who lives upon what is coming. A prudent man lives within his income, and saves against a rainy day.
    • pixiepeep
    • By pixiepeep 22nd Sep 16, 8:32 PM
    • 49 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    pixiepeep
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:32 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:32 PM
    Have you been registering on the electoral roll every year?
    Originally posted by Thrugelmir
    Yup. Definitely voted at every opportunity too.
  • Experian company representative
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:32 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:32 AM
    Hi Pixiepeep,

The CreditExpert membership works by showing your credit report based on the information entered in your profile and refreshes the first time you log in each day.

It sounds like the report you saw last night is based on information at your previous address only.
    I understand you have updated you address now and when you log in today you should see all you up to date information - lenders will have already been seeing this during credit checks.

If when logging in today you still don't see your up to date information drop me an email on uksocialsupport@experian.com along with your details (name,dob, ref and address) and what accounts are missing please. I can then look in to this for you.

Regards Joe
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Steven Rathmill, Stuart Storey & Joseph Standen
    • pixiepeep
    • By pixiepeep 23rd Sep 16, 8:46 AM
    • 49 Posts
    • 35 Thanks
    pixiepeep
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:46 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:46 AM
    Hi Pixiepeep,

The CreditExpert membership works by showing your credit report based on the information entered in your profile and refreshes the first time you log in each day.

It sounds like the report you saw last night is based on information at your previous address only.
    I understand you have updated you address now and when you log in today you should see all you up to date information - lenders will have already been seeing this during credit checks.

If when logging in today you still don't see your up to date information drop me an email on uksocialsupport@experian.com along with your details (name,dob, ref and address) and what accounts are missing please. I can then look in to this for you.

Regards Joe
    Originally posted by Experian company representative
    Thanks for the reply. It has indeed updated this morning, back to the expected near perfect credit score. Now just to figure out why on earth we were turned down for an easily affordable mortgage off the back of the Experian information.

Is there any way the bank would have seen the lower score? We don't understand why they've said no due to the credit report.
    • zx81
    • By zx81 23rd Sep 16, 8:48 AM
    • 8,723 Posts
    • 8,541 Thanks
    zx81
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:48 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:48 AM
    No banks ever see your score. It's purely for you, as it has no meaning for credit purposes.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,067Posts Today

6,050Users online

Martin's Twitter