Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • gardenia82
    • By gardenia82 22nd Sep 16, 8:27 PM
    • 112Posts
    • 124Thanks
    gardenia82
    Questions Regarding my Experian Credit Report
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:27 PM
    Questions Regarding my Experian Credit Report 22nd Sep 16 at 8:27 PM
    So I've just received my report and I have some questions. Background: I have been in debt and I am at the very end of clearing it. I hope to be able to apply for a mortgage in approx 4/5 years with my partner who has an excellent credit report.

1) Arrangements. I have some accounts with this status that are open but the debt is paid off. Under the arrangement section on one it says start 10/4 and end 2/15. Am I right in saying it is going to be on the report until six years from 2/15? And if so, should this impact a mortgage four years later, since it will be quite old by then? The max debt on this was only ever £1500. A second arrangement, also on an open account, says ended 5/16. Same question. This was only for £600. In total I have maybe four of these, all for around the same date. Total around £3.5k.

2) Late payments. Will a marker of 1 or 2 months on an account that is open but has a zero balance, be a problem? The marker was maybe 8 months ago.

3) I have a credit card with around £1000 debt on, and the limit is £300 but all the status codes are at zero and have been for a long time. This is the last debt I am paying off. Is this an issue on my credit report?

4) I have a credit card on there I don't remember and am not aware of, though I think it may be linked to an old student account. It defaulted in 2011 and it shows there is £105 left on. This is obviously going to drop off soon. Will my contacting the company and paying the £105 create a problem on my account that currently is due to drop off shortly?
    Sealed Pot Challenge 2013 #1947 (open the pot on 28th November 2013!)
    Pay Off All Debt by Xmas 2013 #081
    Weight Watchers: started mid January 2013.
    To date (June 23) lost 3 stone 1.2lbs
Page 1
    • robber2
    • By robber2 22nd Sep 16, 10:33 PM
    • 103 Posts
    • 62 Thanks
    robber2
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:33 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 10:33 PM
    1. yes it will have an impact
    2. yes
    3.yes
    4. no
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,980Posts Today

7,768Users online

Martin's Twitter