Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • By 115 22nd Sep 16, 8:06 PM
    • 1Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Ex Wife bankruptcy
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:06 PM
    Ex Wife bankruptcy 22nd Sep 16 at 8:06 PM
    Hi
    My ex wife went bankrupt back in 2006 We had agreed a settlement for our house before she went bankrupt and I think we had been divorced for quite a while before this.She received a large sum of money before she went bankrupt.In 2005 she received around £4000 the year after she went bankrupt.It was some 4 years after that she received another £3500 then again a month later another £3000.Then the following few years after various amounts but much lower figures.My question is at the time of the divorce there was a charge on the house to be removed when she was paid off.The Official Receiver has contacted me this week asking if she was paid any money after she was made bankrupt,clearly she was,how does this affect me or her.I had completely forgotten about the charge on the house as I was happy to have paid her off,as was she.I have all receipts signed and dated by her and the reason why she had received the money and how much was left each time.The last receipt upon reading again says full and final settlement of all monies owed.Where do I stand.
    Cheers
Page 1
    • Mouse007
    • By Mouse007 23rd Sep 16, 12:30 AM
    • 4 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Mouse007
    • 23rd Sep 16, 12:30 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 12:30 AM
    You're in the clear, your ex however could be in the s**t

As I read it on the date of her bankruptcy she was owed money (by you?) and after her bankruptcy she collected it. Did she declare this as an asset in her bankruptcy and did she pay it over to the OR?

Not your problem mate
    • tigerfeet2006
    • By tigerfeet2006 23rd Sep 16, 8:52 AM
    • 13,680 Posts
    • 29,765 Thanks
    tigerfeet2006
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:52 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 8:52 AM
    As Mouse said its not your problem. Just provide the OR with a copy of the paperwork you have. Make sure that the land registry do not have the charge on your house still.

She may find she is in the doo doo as she has appeared to have withheld money from her BR estate.
    BSCno.87
    The only stupid question is an unasked one
    I now live in a country that is 4 hours ahead of the UK so you may now find I post at weird times
    [/COLOR][/CENTER]
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

4,130Posts Today

7,767Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• RT @toes_pointy: @MoneySavingExp @MartinSLewis Feeling smug. Used MSE sky code to change bband provider, saved £150 & got £50 free credit.?

• MSE weekly email: Ending - Brit Gas £300/yr off & free £30M&S, Vax 75%off, £15off Tesco Wine, £64/yr bband, £8 duvet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin