Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • stephenliverpool1
    • By stephenliverpool1 22nd Sep 16, 7:34 PM
    • 897Posts
    • 769Thanks
    stephenliverpool1
    What belt should I get for my Hoover Power Edge DM2200 vacuum please ?
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:34 PM
    What belt should I get for my Hoover Power Edge DM2200 vacuum please ? 22nd Sep 16 at 7:34 PM
    Hi all,

I have got a http://www.tesco.com/direct/hoover-dust-manager-dm6221-2200w-bagless-upright-vacuum-cleaner/212-0332.prd?source=others.

I have got a few cheapo belts from buyspares.co.uk. They are ok for a few cleans before they snap again. Trouble is that we are having to clean some chinese carpets so they tend to snap as/when we get to the edge of the carpets.

Anyone please help ?
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 23rd Sep 16, 10:13 AM
    • 1,253 Posts
    • 608 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 23rd Sep 16, 10:13 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 10:13 AM
    Seems like the edge of the carpet is getting picked up in the brush/roller (or whatever the belt is driving) so stay away from the edges. Do the belts break if you just vacuum the centre of the carpet?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

386Posts Today

3,607Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Morning. On way to @gmb for 7:40 slot, this week warning to parents about student finance, get paid to cut debt costs, free cafe nero & more

• RT @purplemel75: @MartinSLewis Thanks for the #BigSwitch I've saved £424 by switching tariff!

• Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• Follow Martin