Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • suzuki1
    • By suzuki1 22nd Sep 16, 7:34 PM
    • 12Posts
    • 3Thanks
    suzuki1
    Landscaping issues
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:34 PM
    Landscaping issues 22nd Sep 16 at 7:34 PM
    I would like to know what others would do in this situation. I got a local small firm in to do some work for me. He cut a hedge, did a small amount of pointing, sourced and put down 2 tonnes of stone chips and lifted 4 rows of patio slabs to relay them. He also put in an edge along the patio slabs to hold them up. I am not happy with the slabs, if someone walks on them they rock. The slabs he put down are particularly bad beside our gate - they dont have anything under them on one side and tip up if stepped on at the edge or near the edge. I got him back in and he basically had a strop, telling me that I wanted a silk purse out of a sow's ear and to look at the rest of the patio and the state of that. I told him that the rest of the patio had nothing to do with his work. He told me I was standing on the slabs in such a way to look for faults. He threw his arms in the air and said to take £80 off the price, I refused and wanted him to fix the faults. He agreed to come back and re-lay the slabs but stormed off and we did not agree when it would be done. I feel this man will not come back for ages and will do that deliberately to throw his weight about and I really dont know what to do about it. The more I think about it I don't want him back but I dont know what his reaction will be to any other payment other than full price minus £80. Thoughts please.
Page 1
    • Le_Kirk
    • By Le_Kirk 23rd Sep 16, 10:17 AM
    • 1,256 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Le_Kirk
    • 23rd Sep 16, 10:17 AM
    • 23rd Sep 16, 10:17 AM
    This isn't really an issue for this forum, try Consumer Rights as it appears that your "landscaper" has not delivered that which he was contracted to do.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

329Posts Today

3,735Users online

Martin's Twitter