Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • JC93
    • By JC93 22nd Sep 16, 7:17 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    JC93
    Excel PCN: Circled, Not Crossed?
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:17 PM
    Excel PCN: Circled, Not Crossed? 22nd Sep 16 at 7:17 PM
    Hi very clever people on the internet, and thanks for the advice btw, I regularly read these forums when life goes down the shitter.

My partner as the registered keeper of my car was issued with a PCN from excel parking in June. Long story short, I got carried away after reading these forums and appealed against it (road works and traffic lights etc. made the signs unobservable), but signed off as myself not the registered keeper. Hence no reply, and in comes bw legal flexing their CCJs. After trawling these forums and trying to decide what to do, I glanced and realised the original PCN contravention code (83) is circled, not crossed (as is stated it should be on the PCN).

Does this render the PCN invalid? I thought it might be as at uni if we tick/circle instead of cross (tells us to), a multiple choice question is marked as invalid.

Kind regards,

JC
Page 1
    • Coupon-mad
    • By Coupon-mad 22nd Sep 16, 7:32 PM
    • 38,296 Posts
    • 49,771 Thanks
    Coupon-mad
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:32 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:32 PM
    Does this render the PCN invalid?
    No, it doesn't because there are no such rules.

But BW Legal letters and misleading replies are certainly considered 'invalid' (by us at least) so you should be reporting them to the SRA and CSA. BW Legal are being investigated and everyone should be reporting them. If nothing else, it buys you time with no court claim happening and might get the issue dropped in the edn (depends on the SRA and CSA outcomes).

Read other BW Legal threads galore! Plenty of people have sent decent complaints to the CSA and SRA and they've shown what to write to make it stick. Also respond each time to BW Legal, do not leave the ball in their court.
    PCN in a private car park in England/Wales? DON'T PAY IT BUT DO NOT IGNORE IT

USE THE 'FORUM JUMP' ON RIGHT, GO TO THE PARKING TICKETS FORUM. READ THE 'NEWBIES' THREAD.
    Do NOT read old advice to ignore, unless in Scotland/NI.

• JC93
    • By JC93 22nd Sep 16, 7:58 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    JC93
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:58 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 7:58 PM
    Amazing, thank you! It might not be as glamorous but this all reminds me of an episode of Suits.
    • beamerguy
    • By beamerguy 22nd Sep 16, 8:29 PM
    • 3,572 Posts
    • 3,961 Thanks
    beamerguy
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:29 PM
    • 22nd Sep 16, 8:29 PM
    Amazing, thank you! It might not be as glamorous but this all reminds me of an episode of Suits.
    Originally posted by JC93
    Amazing ???? better words suit but not on here ?

It has been confirmed that BWLegal are under investigation

The letters being sent by BWLegal are much the same so you are not alone.

As with any company under investigation, you are not obliged to deal with them subject to the investigation report.

Would you deal with a doctor or a police officer under investigation ?
    Do remember that BWLegal letters are menacing with lack of attention and make false statements.

Therefore a reply to BWLegal would be that you aware of the investigation by the SRA into BWLegal and you are unable to comment further until the investigation is complete
    If BWLegal ignore that, then a further complaint to the SRA is warranted

BWLegal swept into this ..... lets's sweep them away
    RBS - MNBA - CAPITAL ONE - LLOYDS

DISGUSTING BEHAVIOUR
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,575Posts Today

6,836Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Today's twitter poll: If a cheap clothing store admitted under 12s in foreign factories made their clothes would it stop you buying?

• RT @toes_pointy: @MoneySavingExp @MartinSLewis Feeling smug. Used MSE sky code to change bband provider, saved £150 & got £50 free credit.?

• MSE weekly email: Ending - Brit Gas £300/yr off & free £30M&S, Vax 75%off, £15off Tesco Wine, £64/yr bband, £8 duvet https://t.co/bS4J70hBbx

• Follow Martin